OFFICIAL FIFA WORLD CUP 2014 THREAD

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by Wizardofozil, Jun 4, 2014.

brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

Fight, Fight, Fight

Reed To Black

Reed To Black Prog, bro.

I left a CWS game early to go find a hotel to watch the USA game at. I found a hilton and it was JAM PACKED. The first goal was nice, but man, that winner at the end blew the place up. Everyone was going berserkek. I'll never forget that moment.

hawk

hawk because the internet LPA Super VIP

you're too supportive. this is football. pick a team and trash talk the rest.

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

She picked Germany, and watches the other games as well, just appreciating football. Don't see the problem.

Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

THIS. I also look many games. Didnt see the problem with it.

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

Hopefully Brazil crushes Mexico tonight, it would be the best for Croatia.

Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

Belgium tonight!

Last edited: Jun 17, 2014
    Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

? I am a germany fan and a Liverpool fan (plus, I hate both Spain and Portugal), if I've been "supportive" to any other team it's because they either have Liverpool players (i.e England, Uruguay) OR they have players I respect a lot like Drogba.

I am a football fan and I will enjoy every game the way I want to. And I won't just trash talk for the sake of because a) I don't like getting ahead of facts or b) The game was too exciting for any trash to be talked at all.

Looking forward to that, it's been a while since they've been in the tournament and they seem to have a pretty exciting generation.

EDIT: It was a rather dull game to be honest, and Belgium managed to turn a deficit around via super subs Fellaini (can't believe it lol) and Dries Mertens. I expected more from them.

brady

outcastboy

outcastboy Sure God's all powerful, but does he have lips?

Tim

Tim My perversion power is accumulating LPA Super Member

Andreina

What an obnoxious, disgusting piece of crap. How that is called "journalism" is beyond me, even being an article of opinion, it's freaking insulting.

What's more appalling is that they actually used Escobar's assassination as an excuse to mitigate the flagrant problem of violence that the NFL suffers from some of their players, who not only get into brawls here and there, but that they've actually managed to kill people, even if it was out of mental illness.

Colombia's problems with criminality, especially paramilitary forces and drug cartels (which is a LONG story), has absolutely NOTHING to do with FOOTBALL. We're not talking about "fans" here who killed Escobar, we're talking about criminals of organized groups, mafia if you like.

I like some of the most popular american sports, I like the NFL, what I don't like is the fucking american elitism about such sports from certain people (especially media), and how theirs is better than what the rest of the world does, just because you 'suck' at "soccer" doesn't mean you have to put it down and insult the BILLIONS of people who do like it. I am sorry but calling an american baseball, hockey, or AM. football champion "WORLD CHAMPION" is abso-fucking-lutely idiotic, now THAT'S pretending.

And I also consider it an insult to the american MLS players, their national teams of both Men and Women (< who totally RULE this shit) and the fans who go into stadiums week in-week out "pretending" they like "soccer".

What a load of bullshit.

PS: Talk about being hard? Play fucking Rugby you idiots, don't be pussies padding the fuck of yourselves with cushions and helmets.

Good.

Tim

Tim My perversion power is accumulating LPA Super Member

The helmets kind of have an unintended consequence, though. From what I've seen, NFL players use their helmets as weapons and tackle head first. It isn't remotely safe.

In any case, arguing over which sports are tougher is kind of stupid. It's just endless dick waving like, "you think football is tough, try boxing! You think boxing is tough, try muay thai!" It goes on and on. It's an excuse people use to dismiss sports they probably haven't even given a chance to.

Andreina

I agree and like I said, I love football and I really enjoy the NFL, I don't know why some have to act like they're mutually exclusive, they're not.

---

On Topic:

Man.. Guillermo Ochoa.. Can't believe he is virtually a free agent!! What a bargain for whomever recruits him, he literally saved Mexico today. Also it was another disappointing performance from Brazil, they obviously can't win this without referees. Dani Alves is totally out of his depth, he's done poorly both against Croatia (Olic, heh) and here today.

outcastboy

ochoa saved mexico. they played really well and the result was deserved, actually it would be great if mexico scored on the last few minutes.

brasil has no chances of winning the cup. unless some kind of miracle happens. neymar really isn't as good as BR media wants us to think he is

Vic

Vic No game no life

Yep, Ochoa was so good, imo Mexico played better too. Tomorrow great matches! Chile vs. Spain :FUUUUUU: hope we win!

brady

Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

The goalkeeper of Russia and South Corea :facepalm:

outcastboy

brazil only controlled the game when they were desperate to score, and they only had a few good chances, but ochoa was there.

before that, mexico was doing really well. since the beginning of the match mexico did not let brasil play their game, and also attacked a few times, but missed a lot.

if the whole match was like the part of the second half where brasil was in control, then brasil would definitely win

20. Squish Mitten

Squish Mitten I'm a five-star general; infantry controller.

I hope for your sake more than mine that thats a typo. :lol: