Linkin Park vs Lana Del Rey

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Jayhov, May 16, 2014.

1. ChazyChaz92

ChazyChaz92 Well-Known Member

lana is so fucking boring...

2. Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

Called it :nyan:

You guys all need to chill. You may not like Lana's music but there is no reason to bash her. Don't you guys hate when people bash LP? No need to stoop to those people's levels and bash on other artists.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2014
  3. Faker

Faker Well-Known Member

You can't bash Lp 'cause Lp do music for all taste not as lana every song of her sound the same this boring slow singing and random instrumental what do people love on her songs ?

4. LohithMohan

LohithMohan It's like I'm paranoid...or am I?

I think they are just fooling around.

5. Jayhov

Jayhov Well-Known Member

Was actually going to do that LOL in a small town right now that doesn't sell CD's so just bought the itunes one, buying the physical when I get into town

6. Delicious Dave

Delicious Dave I'm gonna drive you into your own anus.

Dopes

7. hybridsoldier1989

hybridsoldier1989 strange things are afoot at the circle k

Lana Del Rey was an acquired taste for me, but I like most of her stuff now and can appreciate it at times.

I bought both The Hunting Party and Ultraviolence yesterday, haterz.

8. LohithMohan

LohithMohan It's like I'm paranoid...or am I?

#traitor

9. Zak

Zak HEY, EVERYONE! GET IN HERE!

He joined the better side.

Linkin Park are so fucking boring. Seriously! How can anyone like this band! Such shitty songs.

See how I just made your post redundant?

10. Blake

No, they aren't.

11. Wizardofozil

Wizardofozil Well-Known Member

I ain't she shit and boring

12. Reed To Black

Reed To Black Prog, bro.

I went to Wal Mart earlier and THP was already sold out.

13. Blake

Where do you live?

14. Ben

Ben Well-Known Member

I listened to a few of her previews on iTunes, and she sounds extremely monotonous and unexciting. I don't particularly understand how the general consensus is that she will outsell The Hunting Party...but whatever...that's just the loss of others.

15. Blake

It's because her last album made her really popular and she has a lot of fans, including me, who doesn't find 'Ultraviolence' monotonous and unexciting but rather a 'chill' album that's fun to sit back and listen to.

16. Reed To Black

Reed To Black Prog, bro.

I don't live here, but I'm in Omaha, Nebraska.

17. Blake

Ah, okay. Thats good if they are selling out :awesome:

18. Reed To Black

Reed To Black Prog, bro.

Bro, they sold out with A Thousand Suns :rastamike:

19. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

I still consider Lana Del Ray to be a flash in the pan artist and severely overrated. I know that's going to get me quite a bit of flack but I honestly do not expect her to survive popularity wise 5-10 years from now. I've never seen the appeal in her music, and witnessing how horrid her live performances are sometimes I'm honestly a bit puzzled as to why she's so big. But then again, I really don't understand half the popular music out there nowadays. After all, everyone thought Lady Gaga was this timeless act, and yet I felt she was just a talented pop songwriter and nothing really more. I didn't see her as the second coming of Madonna like everyone did, and now she's not even really a big deal anymore which doesn't surprise me. Her last album barely made a dent, and you rarely hear from her at all anymore. I guess you can only be 'shocking' for so long before the shtick gets old and comes off stale.

So yeah, forgive me for not getting what LDR is all about or caring if she beats the band this time, because I truly believe she'll go the way of Gaga. I'm sure people have said the same thing about Linkin Park (them being overrated), but they've been around for 15 years and are still a wildly successful act even if they don't sell millions of records anymore.

If Lana is around in 15 years, maybe I'll reconsider what I just said. Sorry if I offended people in here, but I really never understood the hype.

20. hybridsoldier1989

hybridsoldier1989 strange things are afoot at the circle k

Honestly, reading through this thread, there is an awful lot of worrying about record sales. With a band like Linkin Park, who have already proven that they have staying power, why are fans so troubled by declining record sales? It's a general trend that sales are down (Meteora sold 800,000+ copies in the USA alone in its first week). We know LP won't disband due to poor record sales. I don't think Mike and the guys are very worried about it, given the nature of the last few albums and their desire to create exactly what they want.

I used to be concerned with record sales back when Reanimation and Meteora were released, and now it all seems so pointless. Record sales don't make me enjoy Linkin Park's music any more or less. Other peoples' actions (buying a record, for instance) don't affect my taste in music. The fact that LDR may sell more CDs this week than LP doesn't make me more inclined to listen to her album over LP's. Also, why hate on fans of other genres/bands? Their taste has minimal effect on you.

Let me openly ask this: why do we really care whether Linkin Park outsells Lana Del Rey?