Joe Hahn announces Fall release date for "Mall"

Discussion in 'News' started by minuteforce, Jun 18, 2014.

Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

Pretty sure the bluray doesn't come with the OST... I think it might be saved for LPU14.

Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

Oh of course they wouldn't. :kappa:

Nicholas

Nicholas Well-Known Member

I hope not, if it means we wouldn't get any of the demos. If we get both, then I'm all for it.

Elaine

Elaine The One They Call Elaine. LPA VIP

There's no reason for them to make The Mall OST LPU14.

The two are separate entities.

Jesse

There is a reason. Straight to Video movies usually do NOT have a OST/Score released. I mean, if it's not going to appear in theaters, it's very likely that there will not be an official OST released alongside it. To remedy this, it could be pushed as an LPU14 exclusive as it includes several members of the bands musical input.

I understand that they are two separate entities but it's logistics. A stand alone OST/Score just may not be viable.

Elaine

Except this is done by Linkin' Fuckin' Park. It is not your regular DTV movie.

It'll have an OST. The band did the score. A well established band. And it's being from what I can tell promoted as featuring a score from them. The first thing going through people's minds would be "Can I get the score?" It'd be a dumb business movie not to have the score out there in an obtainable way. LP aren't really ones for dumb buisness moves (At this level, anyway. Constantly changing sounds could be considered subjectivley a "Dumb buisness move".).

Last edited: Jun 20, 2014
    Narc85

Narc85 Well-Known Member

Yep! :) Went for the express shipping option. Usually a high cost, but mitigated that by ordering 4 copies (a lot of my friends like LP :lol:)

Well yep, it's definitely happening :) If it weren't Amazon (or if it was a third party seller using Amazon as a platform), I'd be suspicious... but the item is sold and despatched by Amazon. If you've never used them, I'd highly recommend - they are excellent in terms of customer service, speed, communication, support, etc.

Direct copy of the email I received:

:O The pressure! Haha. We do have a Blu-ray PC drive in the house... so I guess I'd better scrub up on my skills in that area ;)

Films with significant scores sometimes have isolated score audio tracks on Blu-ray/DVD releases. This would be awesome in this particular instance, however, I don't expect that on this. It looks like a bare bones release - which wouldn't be unexpected, given how early this is coming out.

You can kind of create your own isolated score audio by removing the centre channel on the surround sound track - but you'd still have other sound effects that exist in the other speaker channels. So it wouldn't be entirely clean :(

hawk

hawk because the internet LPA Super VIP

hopefully they don't send you a documentary about some old West Virginia mall shutting down :lol:

-NodA-

-NodA- Well-Known Member

It seems that the movie is available in France, you can even watch it on Google Play for 3.99€ (it's named "A day to kill"). There is already a critic from an user that says "except for the score that isn't bad, the movie is completely WTF ? No logical relation between the characters and no story".

I watched a preview sequence and it seemed average (bad acting, bad FX) but the french voices are horrible.

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

Wutefuk.

hawk

could you provide a link to it on Google Play?

edit i: if i can get a d/l link i'll buy it <3

edit ii:

-NodA-

-NodA- Well-Known Member

hawk

Jesse

Hawk. Use cyberghost vpn. It is free. Pick the france sever. Does not block anything at all.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

If someone confirms that it indeed can be played on Google Play if you're Le` French, let me know. I'll tweet it out.

hawk

cheers brother. i'll check it out now and get back you asap.

not french but was able to access the website via french proxy and can confirmed you can both BUY and RENT the film. i'll check prices for you now.

edit: to buy - € 9.99; to rent - € 3.99

Derek

Tweeted. Thank you!

hawk

anyone wanna chip in on this? lmao. i got it working. i am going to get the SD unless i can get a bit more for the HD. the audio is in French, so this is $14AUD for the hope of getting some of the soundtrack ahaha. #worth

no worries Derek.

also, if i buy this will it work on my PC? or do i need a shitty android device?

edit i: well fuck.

edit ii: wait, this is saved. i think i can watch them though. well time to throw the money down.

edit iii: wtf PayPal? why is everything in this world against me?

Elaine

Fun fact: according to Google Play, the movie is 84 minutes long.

You can probably still capture the audio with Audacity. Just gotta use the stereo mix as the recording device as opposed to the mic (If you've enabled Stereo Mix. If not, go into your recording devices, right click on the blank space and click "Show disabled devices" and then enable it).

Derek

I really don't know why the French release date was so off from the domestic release date. It legitimately makes no sense at all. Either way, for those who know French...enjoy! :lol: