[AUDIO] New Linkin Park Music Featured in "Mall" - "White Noise", "Warm Spell", "Luna" and "Ammosick

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Jun 20, 2014.

1. Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

The "additional music composed by..." note at the bottom helps clarify the 4 songs vs. 5 issue. The 4 songs with names are likely the ones that are based on existing Linkin Park demos (we already know for a fact that 3 of those 4 titles come from demos as far back as Minutes to Midnight). Alex Puro may have assisted with the versions that ended up in the movie, but they pre-date his involvement so they'd technically be "Linkin Park featuring Alex Puro" songs (for simplicity's sake, Rob and Brad may have just left their names off of the credits for them, or they legitimately may not have been involved in the original demos for those tracks either). What we likely have with the 5 tracks heard in the videos is the 4 titled songs, plus one of the "additional" score tracks the band did with Alec later on. I have a feeling the opening song is the new one, as those lyrics were seen in the trailer for The Hunting Party, meaning they were written recently.

So we know the "trailer feature" song is Luna, and the opening song is likely not one of the four listed in the credits. As for the other 3, your guess is as good as mine.

2. Nicholas

Nicholas Well-Known Member

I really wanted to hear the full version of the second song with Mike singing. Is the full version not in the movie? That's the one I want to hear most.

But beggars can't be choosers, I already got 4 new songs so I really shouldn't be complaining. Still, it sucks we probably won't hear that song in full for quite some time, maybe LPUXIV will have it.

3. freddurst

freddurst I DID IT ALL FOR THE NOOKIE

I only liked the first song, the rest suck. Don't like Mike's singing. He sounds too much like a boy band singer.

4. Delicious Dave

Delicious Dave I'm gonna drive you into your own anus.

Who's Donna though?

5. Xero-G

Xero-G Reborn LP Fan, and plan to stay that way.

Don't you think it's a bit premature to be saying that? Keep in mind that several of these songs are likely modified versions of demos the band had/has been working on for a while. Since the majority of these songs appear to be in a different genre from the songs on THP, is it really fair to compare them? Once we get to hear the whole OST, through rips or an official release, then we can determine the overall quality or otherwise.

P. S. What has disappointed you so much about THP? I remember just before the album first leaked you were VERY stoked and couldn't wait to listen to it. You were one of the few remaining almost entirely optimistic about it despite all of the premature criticism.

6. Alexrednex

Alexrednex Well-Known Member

Well I don't want to ruin the joke but this has nothing to do with it LOL.

These new songs sounds great.
    They sound REALLY simple compared to THP but still enjoyable.

EDIT:
    The first song sounds like a NIN song with a better vocalist but with worse lyrics XD

Last edited: Jun 20, 2014
  7. Jack_Farrell

Jack_Farrell KTTK is Chester suicide-diving off a cliff naked

[video=youtube;tc3n9-coU0w]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tc3n9-coU0w[/video]

Worst part is you're serious :lol:

8. Xero-G

Xero-G Reborn LP Fan, and plan to stay that way.

Too bad the other songs don't have more staying power/appeal for you. I get such a rush of excitement when I hear KTTK followed by AFN every time. For me, the only LP album that I tend to skip over several tracks whenever listening is MTM, although I appreciate it more these days.

9. Wizardofozil

Wizardofozil Well-Known Member

Why do I love mtm demos so much

10. Gibs

Gibs The Prog Nerd Über Member

Because they're fucking awesome.

11. Finisterra

Finisterra Member

Ammosick Music (BMI)?

12. MKH

MKH Bat of Gotham LPA Super VIP

So much for an inside joke :rolleyes:

13. Delicious Dave

Delicious Dave I'm gonna drive you into your own anus.

Oh, that explains it :rofl:

14. Avo

Avo Don't Stop Running

Loving the third act song, and especially the closing song :wub:
    What can I say, I'm a sucker for Mike's vocals. Not to mention those incredibly beautiful melodies.

15. Nicholas

Nicholas Well-Known Member

:rofl:

16. Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

Yeah, when it comes to other LP albums I don't skip songs (HT, MTM, ATS, LT). But this album has some terrible songs (KTTK and War IMO) as well as just I never have much interest to listen to the first half already.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2014
  17. Star Scream

Star Scream Does A Machine Like You Ever Experience Fear

lots of electronic elements in these tracks

18. Jack_Farrell

Jack_Farrell KTTK is Chester suicide-diving off a cliff naked

Yeah, no. This has been LP's way of checking if a song has potential or not since 2006.

19. Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Since not all 6 members of Linkin Park collaborated on the soundtrack plus they had another person who isn't in the band involved in the process, rather than co-publishing the songs through their individual publishing entities like they usually do (Chester's is Chesterchaz Publishing, Mike's is Kenji Kobayashi Music, etc.), they created a new publishing entity for the combined efforts of Mike/Chester/Phoenix/Joe/Alec.

20. Fyzer

Fyzer New Member

Anybody has the lyrics?