"I showed them Linkin Park and..." Thread

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Abel, Jun 21, 2014.

Atticus

Atticus Bullets lance the bravest lungs

I was out with friends in the summer of 2012 when Living Things was just released. Burn It Down was playing on the radio and they all started talking about Linkin Park and how "they've sucked for years now". I tried bringing up A Thousand Suns but they pretty much laughed it off. Then they went on the praise some generic radio band. It was an awful experience.

One More Rob

One More Rob Well-Known Member

I met a guy once who really only knew linkin park from Burn it down...lets just ay the more radio-friendly side of them the only really heavy LP song he listened to was "numb" and then I went and showed him HT (THP was not out yet then it was about 2 years ago) and he said that this was the worst album they ever made...he repeated that about every album until I got to ATS ...his reason: the ones before were to heavy for linkin park:facepalm::facepalm:

Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

same here, i think the only LP songs some guy in my school liked are BID and CoG and all the othert stuff aka Numb .

20Cookie12

20Cookie12 Active Member

Thanks to my adiction to lp my mum likes lp too.her faveourite album is ATS,she startec to like lp as i played robot boy to her and now she likes almost every song but her favourites are in the end numb waiting for the end iridescent powerless and final masquerade

Gravity_LP

Gravity_LP Well-Known Member

believe it or not...i actually made my whole class which is 40 ppl to listen to LP songs and 10 of them became fans of them xD

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

So you're introducing them to Linkin Park, and they know a song that was never on an album?

:leo:

Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

Maybe it was because Blackbirds was on ATS Deluxe?

Top2Bottom

Top2Bottom Well-Known Member

I shared a few of THP songs on facebook before the album dropped, and a friend of a friend commented on each saying "Shit song".

So after the second time I said it's the new album, so its a bit different, which he replied "I am a Linkin Park fan, my favourite song is Crawling".

Will always love Crawling as much as my first born son, but c'mon man!

Michele

You mister, you are a god :worship:

Blake

:samuel:

Ryan_Newsome

Ryan_Newsome Champions!!!

I remember when Minutes to Midnight came out and I showed my Mum a few songs and she loved Bleed It Out and she played the whole cd every weekend when she had people over for a solid few months. My Dad however only liked What I've Done and Shadow Of The Day and when I showed him Chester performing Highway To Hell, he said it was terrible.

Knt.Slbs

Knt.Slbs Well-Known Member

There was a time when I played some Live performances videos of the band, that was New Divide (Moscow 2011).. A friend of mine never recognized the song at first because of the 1 minute intro incorporated to the song but when the samples started by Joe Hahn, she was shocked though she liked the song New Divide but she never knew that was LP. She thought LP covered the song New Divide from another artists. :WTF:

IMP757

IMP757 Well-Known Member

I was with a group of people at college the other day and as one of them was constantly playing Nickelback, we were discussing their music. I casually mentioned that IMO Nickelback are one of the most generic and repetitive bands out there today. Anyway, his comeback was, "bit hypocritical coming from a guy who loves Linkin Park!" :facepalm:

I tried to argue with him to listen to an album by LP that is not Hybrid Theory or Meteora but he was having none of it and I quickly realised he was a lost cause.

Unfortunately not an "I showed them LP..." experience but I thought it would be interesting to share all the same. :WTF:

Last edited: Jun 22, 2014
    Vic

Vic No game no life

My family loves LP because of me. My dad loves every track on ATS. My mom loves Waiting for the End and my sister likes every song (specially Reanimation and Recharged). They haven't heard THP yet, maybe in the next familiar trip :devil:

Blake

My family has only heard LT. Not sure what they thought besides that they hate heavy music so LGM and and Victimized were a no-no

Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

I'm the only one amongst my friends who likes Linkin Park. All of my friends are into very indie bands - which is fine. Granted, to me a lot of it sounds the same, but tastes are tastes.

Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

I like to make people listen to QWERTY.

I always get the same reaction "WHAT? How the fuck is that Linkin Park?". Most are surprised by the heaviness of it.

brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

For my health project I made this video: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7rrU8MZQcd3OHlIcVdaUEN2LWc/edit?usp=sharing

At first, when I told my partner that I was putting Linkin Park music on the video, he sorta rolled his eyes but didn't complain (cause all he had to do was research and I made the whole video). But when we presented it to the class, he and the rest of the class were really impressed and a lot of them liked the song.

My life story right there. Except you just replace Nickleback with every mainstream rap artist.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2014
    Blake

You live up to your username :head:

Michele

exatly THIS :lol:

We was in the holidays in the Netherlands on a boat, relaxing with some poker and i let my playlist run. When QWERTY appeared a friend of mine ask me which band this is and i told him Linkin Park. He was like WHAT THE FUCK :lol: