Linkin Park To Play Surprise Vans Warped Tour Show Today in Ventura, CA

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, Jun 22, 2014.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

In a tweet previously posted by LPLive back on the 16th, it has been suggested (and now apparently confirmed) by several sources that Linkin Park will be appearing today June 22nd at the Vans Warped Tour in Ventura, CA as part of a previously unannounced, and surprise tour stop to promote The Hunting Party. This rumor has been substantiated by SubStream Magazine and by Quinn Delaney, a tour manager currently at the venue who has been tweeting photos of the band's stage that they will be using for the surprise performance.

It should be noted that we do not have any official confirmation from the band in regards to this performance due to the surprise nature of the performance. According to LPLive, Tyler and Michael of Issues are slated to join the band for their performance of Faint as well. The shows end at 9PM, and when Linkin Park is expected to appear is currently unannounced. There is also no confirmation as to whether or not this will be a full or abbreviated set.

We will let you know more information as it becomes available.

Update 1: Shinoda pretty much confirmed it by tweeting "Ventura, Ca". See here: http://twitter.com/mikeshinoda/status/480755734942978049

Update 2: Linkin Park will be on stage at 5:25pm PST. Show is confirmed. https://twitter.com/BryanStars/status/480763263727452160

Source: LPLive

Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

Well, I voiced my opinion that I didn't believe the original rumors, but if this were to happen, I hope they changed up the setlist and give us an even more heavy set, as that would most make sense for a Warped tour crowd.

The Joesen One

The Joesen One Fun-employed LPA Super Member

I don't think they've performed in the Vans Warped Tour before, so I hope this is true. :)

TheRadiance

TheRadiance Guardian

It would make the most sense to premiere War or Keys to the Kingdom here. It would fit the crowd, for sure.

Blake

Why not both?

Lotus

Lotus LPA VIP LPA VIP

Someone asked Chester about this on Loveline. I don't remember exactly what he said, but he was very vague about it, like he wasn't supposed to talk about it. So I think this is true, otherwise he would have flat out denied it.

TheRadiance

TheRadiance Guardian

[​IMG]

Blake

Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

If they play Until it's Gone, Wastelands, and Guilty All the Same I don't even know anymore. Guilty All the Same and Wastelands may fit, but play Rebellion, Keys to the Kingdom, All for Nothing, and War.

Blake

"Tyler and Michael of the band Issues are rumored to be joining the band for Faint at the show."

IN. IN. IN.

Im all down for Collabs [​IMG]

SeLDfC

SeLDfC Well-Known Member

There will not be a livestream right? :/

Blake

No, there will not.

DarrenLP

DarrenLP You're Guilty All The Same

I go to Warped Tour every year and Linkin Park is my favorite band. Too bad I live across the country in PA :/
    Also, a collab with ISSUES would be awesome to see, I love that band! Although I don't see how Tyler Carter's vocals would sound normal on an LP song.

t_thorngate

t_thorngate Member

image.jpg

Evan

Evan Well-Known Member

If there's gonna be a collab on Faint, maybe Chester will take the song more seriously and go ham like he used to! It's my all-time favorite live track so that would be awesome :)

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

Linkin Park on Warped? Hm.

Keyboard Warrior

Keyboard Warrior Well-Known Member

is the download festival 2014 hq audio available yet?

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

The order form says by August 12th. I wouldn't hold your breath on it coming anytime soon.

Knt.Slbs

Knt.Slbs Well-Known Member

Søuł

Søuł As rogue as they come

Date: June 22, 2014
    Venue: Seaside Park
    City: Ventura, CA
    Event: Vans Warped Tour
    Show #4 of 4

SETLIST:
    1. One Step Closer (Ext. Outro; w/ Nate Barcalow)
    2. New Divide (w/ David Schmitt)
    3. Guilty All The Same (w/ Mike Hranica and Jeremy DePoyster)
    4. Faint (Ext. Outro; w/ Tyler Carter and Michael Bohn)
    5. What I've Done (Short Ticking Intro; Ext. Guitar Solo Bridge; w/ Ryan Key)
    6. A Place For My Head (ft. Jeremy McKinnon)
    7. Bleed It Out (Ext. Intro; Ext. Bridge; Ext. Ending; w/ MGK)

Show Notes:
    - Nate from Finch joined the band for 'One Step Closer'. He came up during the bridge until the end of the song.
    - David from Breathe Carolina joined the band for 'New Divide'. He came out on the second verse until the end of the song.
    - Mike and Jeremy from The Devil Wears Prada joined the band for 'Guilty All The Same'. They came out on the second verse until the end of the song.
    - Tyler and Michael from Issues joined the band for 'Faint'. They were they for the entire song, and sang harmonies during the choruses.
    - Ryan Key from Yellowcard joined the band for 'What I've Done'. He sang verse 1 of the song, and Cheser sang the rest.
    - Jeremy from A Day To Remember joined the band for 'A Place For My Head'.
    - Machine Gun Kelly joined the band for 'Bleed It Out'. He raped his song, '-MGK song thing-' over the bridge.

Other Notes:
    - This was a surprise show and was not confirmed until the day of the show by Vans Warped Tour. The band didn't officially announce the show until an hour before their performance, via Twitter. Prior to that, there was no other official confirmation except for Mike mysteriously tweeting, "Ventura, CA" earlier that day.
    - On June 16th, the possibility of Linkin Park playing this show was discussed online due to a leak and on the 21st (the day before the show), insider sources at Warped confirmed the event. The only post from the band or a band member about it was a tweet from Mike saying "Ventura, CA" the morning of the show.
    - Despite Warped Tour existing since 1995, Linkin Park has never performed at the event until this show.
    - The band brought their own stage in for the show, which was dubbed the Main Stage. Linkin Park was the only band to perform on that stage all day and played at 5:25pm.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2014