What is the most disappointing thing Linkin Park has ever done to you?

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by LPGuy, May 12, 2014.

1. Delicious Dave

Delicious Dave I'm gonna drive you into your own anus.

Isn't Lockjaw also the name of a Transformer? It sounds like a good Transformer name.

2. D2D

D2D Member

A Thousand Suns
    But then half a year later I gave it another listen and now it's my favorite xD

3. outcastboy

outcastboy Sure God's all powerful, but does he have lips?

i think that the only thing that really bother me is the live performances. they should be longer and have less singles. fuck the casual listeners and radio friendly songs. also LT songs really should be performed, IBG and Powerless would sound great live, and every other song too. Robot boy too

4. Kaciekk

Kaciekk Well-Known Member

Totally that. Excuse for no Guilty all the Same video. welp. Maybe i can make my own.
    There are many things that disappoint me, but LP has given me more reasons to love them that to be disappointed by them

5. Knt.Slbs

Knt.Slbs Well-Known Member

I am disappointed that they are allowing Imagine Dragons to take their place in the Transformers movie series. I hope they will contribute for AOE OST.

6. Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Going with Imagine Dragons over LP for Transformers 4 would've been Michael Bay's decision, not LP's.

7. Knt.Slbs

Knt.Slbs Well-Known Member

Yeah.. I understand. It's okay they put UIG in Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark (Game) instead to the movie.

8. Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

My old answer.

My new answer: Released War.

There could be a possibility that LP was asked but they said no. But that could be unlikely. Not sure.

It' also like a passing of the torches one could say. LP was the popular rock band of today and then Imagine Dragons became the new popular rock band.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2014
  9. Henrike

Henrike New Member

The first time I was disappointed by LP was with Until it's Gone. I remember being on the hype train as all of us were and reading Mike about wanting to stand up for Rock Music, thus the Hunting Party.

And as second single they release Until It's Gone, their worst music lyrically and a soft ballad. If they want to stand up for Rock Music then release singles like Keys to the Kingdom or Rebellion to support that mission! The singles of this album were very poorly chosen because it makes them look like not self-aware or way over their head.

And I know I am a minority, but Final Masquerade. It's the only song in a Linkin Park album I don't see it's place thematically. Would look fine in Minutes to Midnight, not something called The Hunting Party. I like the song, just hate hearing the epic Drawbar and then having to hear that poppy (not in a bad way) song.

Also, I'm new here. Hi everyone.

10. Fleur de Lys

Fleur de Lys Well-Known Member

"You don't know what you've got, oh you don't know what you've got, no you don't know what you've got until it's gone".

It's like they're trying to cringe me to death with that one.

11. SeLDfC

SeLDfC Well-Known Member

Burn It Dow Lies Greed Misery and Recharged

12. lepetitpote

lepetitpote my presence is a present kiss my ass

caution: unpopular opinion

initially, it's been a thousand suns and to this day, the majority of the album remains a disappointment to me, specifically the interludes because i've never been a fan of linkin park interludes. plus the messenger and waiting for the end (not a fan of the tackled genre). with that said, i still enjoy blackout, wretches and kings, robot boy and the catalyst very much, but ats borders with living things as my least favourite linkin park record. shoot me if you will. call the cops, arrest me

13. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Personally, I have no issue with interludes in general, but I understand your point; I don't completely love "A Thousand Suns" specifically because of the interlude-esque tracks and how they shape the way the album flows

I don't know what this means but, okay :)

14. Alexrednex

Alexrednex Well-Known Member

Well I think it is safe to assume he didn't like the way the band sounded in those genres :D
    Like the "Jamaican" rap or the overly dramatized and raw vocal performance on The Messenger

I understand why some people hate The Messenger but I honestly don't mind that song too much.

15. lepetitpote

lepetitpote my presence is a present kiss my ass

alexrednex has the right idea

it's the jamaican vocals that particularly put me off the song, plus the dream-poppy feel to it which has just never been my preference for a linkin park track. same goes for leave out all the rest, which is another of my least favourite lp songs. with that said, i still like the lyrics to waiting for the end and the final minute of the song has some exciting instrumentation.

as for the messenger, it's the fact that they've gone acoustic to close the album which feels like a bad move. i'm not a fan of their acoustic material, and happy that they haven't retread in that direction since. i actually enjoy chester's vocals for the major part, unlike most people who hold that particular criticism of the song

16. Yurieff

Yurieff Meow. :3

The Hunting Party. Yep.

17. Spiderguy252

Spiderguy252 Awaiting LP in India

-Minutes to Midnight from start to finish.
    -Living Things bar Lost in the Echo

18. Ankur Gautam

Ankur Gautam Active Member

LITE MV.
    Not playing a show in India
    Other than that i'm fine :)

19. Mario007

Mario007 Well-Known Member

The Hunting Party. In fact the whole album cycle for the Hunting Party including the album.

20. Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

9/15 "European Tour" dates in Germany. Are you fucking kidding me?