The biggest rip-off of an LP song ever?

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by TobinKnowsBest, Jun 24, 2014.

leftshoe18

leftshoe18 Well-Known Member

Deuce isn't associated with Hollywood Undead anymore.

Agreed.

ConsUme

ConsUme もちあげてときをはんして

God Dammit Deuce Again. You know If he wanted to tribute Linkin Park.
    1. He Should God dam Say it or do shout out in the song.
    2. DONT DO DONT SAY.

The Free Element

The Free Element Well-Known Member

I usually like HU and Deuce stuff (The One is a good song) but this...bleah. Insipid.

leftshoe18

Please stop saying this is Hollywood Undead ripping off LO. Deuce is no longer a part of HU.

Delicious Dave

Delicious Dave I'm gonna drive you into your own anus.

I fucking hate nu-metal so much. It's just an awful genre of music.

Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

That was such a terrible song. What? Like I can't even understand.

Although, this sort of illustrates a point Mike Shinoda made about the band being able to polish mediocre shit into something that sounds decent. This is Don't Stay without the Linkin Park polish.

Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Hollywood Undead has been aping Meteora-era Linkin Park's musical style for years, with or without Deuce.

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

This is true.

Schen The Genius

Schen The Genius Former LPU Mod LPA VIP

I'll throw my two cents into this, since I've met them and seen them live. Overall, there a great bunch of guys to shoot the shit with. The girlfriend was on cloud nine, she loves them, all I remember was talking to them about music and their show at Starland later that night. We didn't get to go but it was cool.

Later on I bought her tickets for her birthday to see them at gramercy I think.

HU live is well, kinda weird. Like...probably the weirdest show I've ever been at. Totally unexpected mosh pit and for what reason I'm still not sure, they aren't metal nor are they nu. I'm not sure how to describe them. Are they produced? Eh, probably. You get that vibe.

But overall, and I know Derek hates this, I don't see these similarities people are talking about between LP and HU. Maybe it's me, maybe it's the fact I've seen LP six times already, etc and I know what to expect from a HU show but you couldn't have the two any further apart from each other.

This here though...what is this? Did Deuce take a deuce to make this?

--RS

brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

Notes From The Underground would like to disagree.

lordblood

lordblood Radiance of a Thousand Suns

You want to hear a real rip-off?

[video=youtube;8Bx0f8tburM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Bx0f8tburM&playnext=1&list=PL1622782C9199CF57[/video]
    Start at 15 seconds.

Also, while not a rip off it is still quite funny:
    [video=youtube;ycHluR67jiY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycHluR67jiY[/video]

Wizardofozil

Wizardofozil Well-Known Member

[video=youtube_share;HdnTSXUWd3E]http://youtu.be/HdnTSXUWd3E [/video] listen to this

Snail

Snail LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

[​IMG]

Atticus

Atticus Bullets lance the bravest lungs

:rofl::rofl::rofl: I don't know what I'm laughing at more, the blatant What I've Done instrumental rip-off or the fact that the band even feels like an Asian Linkin Park wanna-be band... But I definitely lost it when they started dancing hahaha!

Aden

Aden Well-Known Member

Holy crap, that first one is a musical copy of What I've Done, with elements of New Divide. Talk about an insanely obvious rip off. I would say that they're Linkin Park wannabes but judging by their dancing it looks like they wanna be One Direction so...

And that Gangnam Style/Papercut mashup is actually really good.

Nicholas

Nicholas Well-Known Member

That song is actually pretty awesome. I should check out more of their stuff.

As for LP similarities, I guess the chorus kind of sounds like ,"Faint" when he sings "This is a warning, like it or not. I'm tired of listening, I'm warning you, don't try to get up".

Nobody Can Shave Me Now

Nobody Can Shave Me Now Formerly known as Ron Jeremy LPA VIP

Incredibly idiotic.....

MattLP

MattLP No control No surprise

There's a lacuna coil song that is very similar to papercut, does
    anyone know what im talking about?

leftshoe18

I honestly fail to see it outside of the fact that both bands combine rock and hip-hop elements.

Xero-G

Xero-G Reborn LP Fan, and plan to stay that way.

I just listened to this "rip-off" and I have to say, it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. Some of the comments here made it seem like it was an absolutely terrible song not worth listening to. It definitely takes after (and copies to a certain extent) "Don't Stay" in the verses; the band should have spent more time varying its sound, structure and lyrics to make it more unique. The rest of the song doesn't seem that similar to "Don't Stay", at least in the chorus. I was feeling kind of iffy about the lead singer's voice, though. Maybe it was manipulated to sound higher-pitched, I'm not sure.

That said, I actually found the song to be somewhat enjoyable. Lastly, I'll be that guy who says that "Don't Stay" is actually a decent song and decent opener to an album. I certainly don't dislike the song, although it's not one of my favorites.

Edit: I also listened to the "Superboy" song and wow, that was a blatant copy of What I've Done. There was a guitar part that was a bit different towards the end but that doesn't change the fact that the bass line, drums and even the piano were almost identical to WID. This song was much more of a rip-off than "Sometimes", I believe.

Lastly, I feel that Thousand Foot Krutch is different enough from LP to the point where their not copying anything LP has done. I'm not sure how I would describe TFK's overall sound but it's definitely not the same as LP's. That said, both bands have one thing in common: they experiment or try new things. If you listen to TFK's albums in order, you will hear just how much they have progressed their sound.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2014