OFFICIAL FIFA WORLD CUP 2014 THREAD

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by Wizardofozil, Jun 4, 2014.

1. Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

I really wanted Brazil to be out. Sigh. And Colombia is doing a great job, it was sort of expected from us latinamericans that they'd do well because they pretty much destroyed everyone during qualifying (2011-2013), but it's still a bit of a surprise they kept such a great level withOUT Radamel Falcao. Very impressive.

2. Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

Late to the party, but some few comments...

-> Italy : ugh....deserved to get eliminated. That's the second time in a row, after 2010. Shamefull. To think they never were eliminated on the first round for the 40 past years before that...They're just not that good anymore :/

-> Greece or Costa Rica in quarterfinal...that's awesome :lol:

-> Brazil VS Chile : bummer for chile. They were very strong this year, and played a better game than Brazil yesterday IMO

-> Happy that Columbia beated Uruguay, and happy for Algeria too (though Germany is gonna kick the shit out of them lol)

and...

COME ON BELGIUM!!!! (w00t)(w00t)

Last edited: Jun 29, 2014
  3. Halfway Dwight

Halfway Dwight We are the fortunate ones.

I really hope Mexico wins today

4. Decay

Decay Well-Known Member

Aaaaand Robben jumped. Holland didn't deserve that penalty kick.

5. Qwerty19

Meh.

Can't stand the Holland team. De Jong, Van Persie, and Robben are just as annoying as it gets (though the latter two are talented for sure). Oh well.

They should get to the semi-finals quite easily now, except if big, big surprise. Hopefully Belgium can somehow manage to do the same so that we can kick their ass there and go to final. Yes, I'm fucking dreaming :lol:

6. Kaique Smart

Kaique Smart There's nothing to fear but fear itself

What a end of the game. Netherlands was very poor at the first half, but they got strong after Mexico's goal.

Too bad for Mexico and Ochoa, he was doing a great job again. I wasn't expecting Netherlands to score a goal today because of him (After that first save from him).

I'm sorry for Chile yesterday, they were really strong and that ball in the post in the last minute of the Extra Time. So Unlucky!

Colombia still playing great in this World Cup, that first goal from James Rodriguez yesterday was pure class.

Uruguay in the other hand was very poor. Not a surprise though, I wouldn't expect much from them without Suarez.

Costa x Greece later on tonight. I have no idea what might happen in this game.I think Greece would be ''easier'' for Netherlands. Their Quarter-Finals match is going to take place at 1 pm in a very hot region. So, I think Greece would be more affected by that than Costa Rica.

7. Andreina

I get it many are pretty angry with the Netherlands but if you guys lived on this side of the hemisphere I can bet you'd hate Mexico xD.. Glad they're out but Ochoa is fucking class nevertheless, probably the only one I can bear from that team.

As for the penalty, Robben looked for it, there was legit contact and the ref had missed a clear one on the first half, so there's not much morality from Mex to complain..

Also, Mexico had a bit of Karma there with the late elimination because they qualified unfairly to WC play offs vs. New Zealand via a late goals from the USA to Panama on the very last minute of stoppage for WCQ, they didn't even depend on themselves to qualify and played very poorly during qualy.

At least Herrera made the side play decently, but man Europeans are melting there in Brazil and today it was just one more proof of that. Latam sides who want to get far in a world cup should do it now 'cause next time it's in Russia.

8. Lotus

Lotus LPA VIP LPA VIP

That's just cause you're Belgian :kappa:

Glad we made it to the quarter finals!! I thought we were done at 80 minutes, can't believe we actually got through.

9. Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

Too many missed opportunities for the Greeks. Rough way to lose the game. Congrats to Costa Rica, though.

10. Andreina

Yeah. That 5 vs 2 counter attack is pretty much unforgiveable.. But Costa Rica have also done merits to be up there, it was pretty much for anyone..

Tomorrow Germany plays, deep breath............. Algeria have been surprisingly good and seems like they can deal with the hot temperatures better than Germans. I'm worried about stamina here, because they have both individual quality and group play.

11. Qwerty19

Well, I wouldn't worry about the German game. Algeria has proven to be a solid team until now, but if Germany plays at their full potential, they should win quite easily. A possible game against France in quarterfinal would be way more difficult.

Anyway, props to Costa Rica for their first quarterfinal ever!

12. Kaique Smart

Hopefully it won't be that warm for Germany's game tomorrow. They are going to play in the South of Brazil in which is a bit cooler than the rest, so it will hardly get anything like 30 degrees or higher I think. Although the game is going to take place at 1 pm, so I don't know, it might be a bit warmer than usual for that region.

13. Vic

Vic No game no life

Too bad we lost yesterday, I really thought we could win :sleeping:.
    Didn't watch the Colombia vs. Uruguay match but I'm glad Colombia won :)
    Mexico deserved to win honestly but meh, that's how football is :lol:

14. outcastboy

outcastboy Sure God's all powerful, but does he have lips?

Chile and mexico really should have won.

if brasil win the cup i'll be really pissed.

15. Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

wrong Thread :facepalm: thought thi was the "What are you listening to" Thread xD

btt: Hope Germany wins today :lol: And France should lose :kappa:

16. Kaique Smart

What a tough game for Germany. I wasn't expecting it to be easy, but I definitely wasn't expecting it to be that hard.

At some points I thought Germany wasn't going to score at all. I got so relieved when they did it. What a great match from Neuer!

Great match from Algeria, I feel sorry for them, but Germany definitely deserved to win it after all.

France had a tough time too earlier, this round of 16 has been really tough for the ''best'' teams.

I hope Argentina does a great job tomorrow and beats Switzerland, but I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't. A lot of weird things are going on this World Cup.

I forgot to mention something, since 1934, Germany has ALWAYS been in the Quarter Finals of a World Cup. That's impressive!

Last edited: Jul 1, 2014
  17. Vic

Vic No game no life

Intense extra time in that last match! I was amazed by the motivation that Algeria received after that second goal from Germany. Pretty cool match.

18. Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

Good Match , respect to Algeria, they can be proud.

19. Andreina

Yeah, huge respect to Algeria, they did great both in groupstage and here, there's no doubt they have quality players, most of them have earned a place in teams of important european leagues, so they're a good bunch.

I wasn't expecting it to be that hard for Germany either, but to be honest somehow they made it difficult for themselves, that high line at the back was very dangerous, thankfully Manu Neuer played amazing on that free role he got, not many have the gut to tackle and to do the things he did outside of his box. Also german attackers were too slow on making decisions, they took forever to shoot in circumstances where you could've just buried it first-touch, and Özil's 2nd goal proves it, it took 3 shots to score, it was unnecessary, Özil should've shot a tad earlier on his first opportunity.

Still buzzing though, but France is not going to be easy, at all. Now I truly am nervous.

Couldn't watch much of the France game, Nigeria also was tough to beat, the keepers are being excellent this World Cup, Pogba found the net with his header and that was the only thing to separate the two.

20. Kaique Smart

What a match! Howard was incredible today! That end was epic. Probably the best match of this World Cup so far.

Too bad the USA didn't go through, they deserved a bit more. Klinsmann did an amazing job.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2014