If you were to showcase all the band's talent in a 3 minute composition, how would you do it?

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by MagmaXtreme, Jun 24, 2014.

MagmaXtreme

MagmaXtreme Well-Known Member

If you were to showcase all the band's talent in a 3 minute composition, how would you do it? (+Example LP Mix)

Linkin Park have quite a diverse discography, ranging from nu metal to hard rock, electronic, ambient and even some folk. If you were to present LP to an audience who are not familiar with many of their tracks, in a 3 minute composition, maybe a music video mix for example, how would you do it and what songs would you pick?

This task would be quite challenging for me, I would want to put as many diverse songs as I can in there and sequence them such that each song transitions very well into the next. For example I would have the last screams of Victimized transition into the screams in Blackout.

For me songs that come to mind include Qwerty, Victimized, Blackout, When They Come For Me, Iridescent, Robot Boy, The Little Things Give You Away, No Roads Left, The Catalyst, Nobody's Listening, Roads Untravelled, Session, And One, Until It Breaks....

EDIT: LPA member Aden suggested an idea I liked so I tried it-> https://app.box.com/files/0/f/1930617611/1/f_18595501296

Last edited: Jul 1, 2014
    Aden

Aden Well-Known Member

I would make a montage of different linkin park songs. First I would start with the verse leading into the chorus of Papercut. This would be about 15 seconds. Then I would play the chorus of In the End for fifteen seconds. Then I would play the intro of Somewhere I belong for fifteen seconds. Then I would play the verse, leading into the chorus of Faint for fifteen seconds. Then that would transition into the intro of Given Up for fifteen seconds. Then that would transition into the chorus of What I've Done for fifteen seconds. Then that would transition into the second guitar solo of Shadow of the Day for fifteen seconds. Then that would transition into the verse of When They Come for Me for fifteen seconds, ending with "Gotta Catch Up Motherfucker!" Then that would transition into the chorus of Waiting for the End. Then that would transition into the chorus of I'll Be Gone for fifteen seconds. Then that would transition into the verse leading into the chorus of A Line in the Sand for fifteen seconds. Then that would transition into the solo/outro in the same song, and then it would end.

Not sure how that would sound, but...

MagmaXtreme

Your idea seems interesting, I think it would sound something like this: https://app.box.com/s/wcfdc116pz1045gw0zgh

Couldn't keep it under 4 mins, ALITS is just too good :p

Aden

Aden Well-Known Member

Wow, I'm honored! This sounds really great! There are a couple rough spots, but that's just my own fault for putting those songs next to each other. ALITS does go on for a while, but I agree, I'm not sure what parts I would cut. It's just that good. Thank you so much!

MagmaXtreme

Glad you liked it :D

I think for an ultimate composition it would require some instrumentation to help the transition between songs feel more natural and smooth, not something I think I'm able to do at the moment :p