If you were to make changes to THP, what would you do?

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by tripleh3lix, Jun 30, 2014.

Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

Using retarded in a derogatory manner?

[​IMG]

Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

This explains a lot.

But seriously, I get this album might not be your cup of tea. It's just, your wording was quite agressive for expresssing what is simply a disconnection between your musical tastes and the sound of the record. Think about it : a lot of the songs are well-composed, with some progressive song-structures, technical drumming, a bit more guitar-technicality, etc. KTTK, Rebellion, MGT, ALITS are the best examples. It seems the main reason you don't dig them is because you're not into metal riffs, raw vocals, and so on. It might also explain why FM and Drawbar are your favorite, since they don't use those elements nearly as much. It really comes down to your tastes.

And that's fine. But you turned that gap between your tastes and THP into a "lack of quality", and into something "retarded". Which was not really necessary I think. But let's move on, shall we?

Yurieff

Yurieff Meow. :3

I already received an infraction for my agressive wording and replied to it, explaining that it was not meant to be that rude. Of course we shall move on, I was just sharing my view on the album. :)

Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

Let's be mindful of our language, friends. Also, respect one another's opinions while simultaneously stating yours in a respectful manner. We're just talking about music. ;)

Bennington_Hahn

Bennington_Hahn This goes out to everybody still hatin' LPA VIP

One thing I don't get is why some people expected crazy "Muse" level guitar work on this album. Brad is no way going to change into Matt Bellamy over night :lol: the work he did do on THP is very good and above average and probably the best guitar work from brad since HT. People expecting more from him will bound to be disappointed. :lowe:

Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

Agreed - and it's simply impossible to even compare the work of the two guitarists. The two operate in different genres - and Matthew Bellamy is just an expert at his instrument. He will be known for his stadium rock riffs, but the man is also a brilliant classical guitarist and is just so talented in so many ways. If you're expecting Brad to ever perform at that level, just know that you'll be waiting a long time​. :lol:

Yurieff

Yurieff Meow. :3

Remember when ATS leaked and every post in the first 5 pages was like 'OMG, BLACKOUT!'? If the Brad was meant to be the 'star' of The Hunting Party I wanted to hear something that I thought is beyond his skills.

Edit: @Louis - Well, if it's up to me i'll make him play the Maschine and Linkin Park would go full electronic/indie :lol:

Last edited: Jul 2, 2014
    SeLDfC

SeLDfC Well-Known Member

THIS
    BTW there is double bass on the album

Gibs

Gibs The Prog Nerd Über Member

Delete All for Nothing, A Line in the Sand and The Summoning, while rearranging the tracklisting, and adjusting by deleting/changing interludes.

1. Keys to the Kingdom
    2. Guilty All the Same
    3. Until It's Gone
    4. Mark the Graves
    5. Wastelands
    6. Rebellion
    7. Drawbar
    8. Final Masquerade
    9. War

SuperDude526

SuperDude526 Well-Known Member

The only change I would make is putting Drawbar/Final Masquerade at the very end. It just seems like a really "end album-like" track.

Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

I corrected your failure :kappa:

JasonJielN

JasonJielN Well-Known Member

In my opinion:

Keys To The Kingdom - Need something more than just Chester's scream in every god damn chorus, it kind of annoys me. Need more Joe Hahn sample maybe?.
    All for Nothing - Get rid of Chester's yell.
    Guilty All The Same - I love this song. It's perfect, if they added more electronic to this song they would ruin it.
    The Summoning - What is the point of this interlue anyway? Get rid of it, or replace with some more awesome Joe Hahn's interlude or instrumental, or combine it with War
    War - Like I say above, combine War and The Summoning into one track.
    Wastelands - Add something to the bridge, like some scratches or guitar solo. Change the choruses' melody (the final one is an exception).
    Until It's Gone - Rewrite the whole lyrics.
    Rebellion - Ask Daron to provide vocals. And of course, more JOE FUCKING HAHN.
    Mark The Graves - This song is perfect the way it is. One of their best songs.
    Drawbar - Let Tom shine more instead of Mike.
    Final Masquerade - Longer solo.
    A Line In The Sand - Change some guitar riffs so as not to be confused with Victimized or Guilty All The Same. More Joe Hahn. And Chester should re-recording his parts or shut up.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2014
    lepetitpote

lepetitpote my presence is a present kiss my ass

i wish the summoning could've built into war

brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

I re-corrected your failure :kappa: