Has LP become more centralized?

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by MagmaXtreme, Jul 3, 2014.

outcastboy

outcastboy Sure God's all powerful, but does he have lips?

i didn't express myself well, and you guys miss understood what i've said, but it's ok. i'm not going to reply because right now i'm too lazy to write a long post, i actually cant think of anything, i just removed my wisdom tooth, and it's hurting a lot.

Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

Stopped by to check what was the discussion here and with the last posts I agree a lot with what Astat has said so it's not much worth for me to repeat that.

But one thing I know for sure, is that Mike certainly NOT points his "godly finger" to decide what is picked and what is not during an album's recording process. There's plenty of evidence to debunk that.

Atticus

Atticus Bullets lance the bravest lungs

It's rather hilarious how during the A Thousand Suns era, and up until Living Things' release, everyone lapped up absolutely everything Mike did and said, and now that the band has gone into a different direction from ATS they've decided he's a manipulating master of puppets. Insatiable fans are truly mind-blowing.

Apop

Apop LPA VIP LPA VIP

:cocainefan:

outcastboy

outcastboy Sure God's all powerful, but does he have lips?

not sure if you are implying that its a "ATS fanboy" case. but my concerns are:

that LT and THP could be more worked on
    all LT songs should have been played live
    and most of all, the ToolboxFirecracker>IndiePop>VisceralRock thing that happend in a very short period of time.

doing things different each time is good, but this suddenly change of mind, and practically forgetting LT nearly right after releasing it is not cool

Blackee Dammet

Blackee Dammet Feminism Is My God Now

It's different people with different opinions. LPA isn't the entire LP listening base, and a lot of fans still think even with THP out that Mike's being "underutilized" and needs more involvement.

Not everyone watches the Making Of dvds and knows about the bands inner workings, people who know how much control Mike has over the process are obviously going to have a different opinion than the people who think he just raps, sings, and sometimes plays guitar.

Lotus

Lotus LPA VIP LPA VIP

Because LPA is basically one person with one opinion, right? :rolleyes:

Btw, I don't think anyone in here implied Mike is manipulative in any way. Just because someone might think that Mike has a bit too much control in the band doesn't mean they think he's some evil mastermind...

Last edited: Jul 7, 2014