Linkin Park discusses Hunting Party in "Revolver" Magazine

Discussion in 'News' started by Louis, Jul 16, 2014.

Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

Linkin Park is featured in the upcoming August / September 2014 issue of Revolver Magazine. The feature includes an in-depth interview with Chester Bennington and Mike Shinoda, who discuss their early touring experiences at Ozzfest and go further into detail regarding the hard and more aggressive new direction of The Hunting Party.

[thumb]http://www.revolvermag.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/Revolver-LinkinPark.jpg[/thumb]

While the full interview will assumedly come when the issue hits news stands on July 29th, Revolver has included a good excerpt from the interview on their website. The band shares some of their thoughts on the direction of The Hunting Party and how the band got on board with releasing hard material after having delved into more electronic territory on A Thousand Suns and LIVING THINGS.

To read more of the interview, you can check it out on the Revolver Magazine website.

What do you think of what Chester and Mike's comments? Will you be picking up this upcoming Revolver issue? Share your thoughts on our forums!

Source: Revolver Facebook via 3DU4RDO

3DU4RDO

3DU4RDO Burning in the Skies

Like I said on the Got News topic, another useless interview. Same with all the interviews this album cycle. Pop music sucks, everything is too soft now, let's bring the heavy stuff back, let's be carnivores and blah blah blah

The only interesting thing about this interview is that it confirms that the other members of the band (Brad, Joe, Dave and Rob) were happy with the original direction of LP6, but not much happy with the hard stuff that Mike wanted to make. What a pity.

Thanks for sharing !

Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

I didn't see your post in Got News when I wrote this post, sorry! Gave you some news cred since you shared it. :)

Not much new yet but interesting to hear it was seemingly an uphill battle to get everyone on board.

leftshoe18

leftshoe18 Well-Known Member

It's cool that Rob still put all that passion into his drumming even though he wasn't 100 percent behind doing the heavy album.

3DU4RDO

3DU4RDO Burning in the Skies

Not problem man :)

Agree ! That's great !

Delicious Dave

Delicious Dave I'm gonna drive you into your own anus.

Linkin Park should be called ''Mike and Friends'' because he makes all the decisions which is annoying. The rest of the band liked the old demos. They should of used some of them then.

Jack_Farrell

Jack_Farrell KTTK is Chester suicide-diving off a cliff naked

Again with the name calling, saying that some of the music sounds like Nick fucking Jr, Jesus Christ... The next "single" you want to drop is Final Masquerade dude!!!

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

"We could only do what Chester and I wanted to do if Brad got on board."

:hmm: I see ...

Vic

Vic No game no life

:facepalm: Man, I see one of your posts, and is always something negative about the band. I just wonder why are you here anyways?

minuteforce

Negative opinions are as valid as any others.

Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

"somewhere between a car commercial and Nick Jr. It’s so safe, so OK to listen to with mommy and daddy…”

Yeah, no, Mike totally isn't insulting anybody. It's just those damn music journalist's fault.

Also, Mike says the early demos were too derivative? The Hunting Party is basically one giant nostalgia trip for early/mid-90s punk music. They wrote a System Of A Down song. The Hunting Party is not innovative, it's the opposite of that. It's a decent album, but making a nostalgia album isn't going to ignite any "rock revolutions," it's just going to solidify the idea that hard rock belonged in the 90s.

minuteforce

Actually, yeah, this is so true

Delicious Dave

Delicious Dave I'm gonna drive you into your own anus.

Because I love Linkin Park. I love their music. But holy shit have they been annoying this album cycle. I like Mike but he's been talking so much shit the last few months, he sounds like an idiot in all these interviews and constantly contradicts himself.

Nicholas

Nicholas Well-Known Member

I still would have preferred the "Indie" direction they were heading towards at first. It disappoints me to hear Mike having the majority of influence in the band. They should all have equal input, but with the way things are worded it almost feels as if they put everything on Mike and just goes with whatever he says. I don't know what that says about the rest of the band or Mike himself, but it's sad to hear that it's pretty much "Mike ft Linkin Park". I understand not everyone can get what they want, I just hope the whole band are happy with what they've made. Regardless, it's a fun album and they all seem happy with it as well as the fans, so perhaps Mike's decision was for the best.

Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

It's unfortunate to say but recently every time Mike says something during an interview I feel like punching a wall...

M&M

M&M Banned

I am not sure how I feel about Mike being the primary writer for LP and the rest of the band will just kind of go with him if he wants to do something, even if they aren't feeling it. I don't like that. I hope the next LP album is something the band naturally wants to make, I happened to love those songs used in MALL, I hope they sound like that.

The Joesen One

The Joesen One Fun-employed LPA Super Member

It's kinda weird to see LPA now has a love/hate relationship with Mike.

Vic

Vic No game no life

Well yeah, he have been a little bit arrogant in this cycle, but I really loved the new album. That's why I'm glad they went this direction and not to the too poppy side like those demos were.

Justin V.

Justin V. Professional Lurker

It's always been "Mike and Friends" from the beginning of the band, even before Chester. So if you like ANY Linkin Park song, it's more than likely because of Mike. The band leans on him pretty heavily. Most bands have a member who is the driving force behind the band. If you ever join a band you understand that dynamic pretty quickly. If me and the guys write a song that our singer thinks is shit, it's honestly going in the trash as she's the de facto leader that we defer to most of the time. You all have to agree on it.

Even though Mike is the leader it's not like he forces the other members to do what he wants. He eventually sways them yes, but I'm sure they argue and they wouldn't do it if they didn't eventually see his point of view. In Meeting of a Thousand Suns he actually seems kind of pissed that the band logic is "We don't have any ideas. Mike save us!" That's pressure.

I think you could honestly remove everyone in Linkin Park besides Mike for his songwriting ability and Chester for his voice. And yes Mike does need to stop talking in interviews lol. I think he's great at playing the nice guy in the band but this "Mike" is probably closer to the real, unfiltered Mike. Most artists start to sound like a-holes when you get deep into interviews like this. *COUGHJACKWHITECOUGH*

Last edited: Jul 17, 2014
    Atticus

Atticus Bullets lance the bravest lungs

Exactly. Who's to say these poppy/indie demos wouldn't have just resulted in Living Things Part II with just another "firecracker" record? I know of several indie bands/albums that are neither innovative, experimental, or revolutionary. They just follow mellow pop structures. And considering this entire website has a hateful distaste for anything conventional, I don't see why these demoes are so coveted.