Random LP Chat

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by lime treacle, Apr 20, 2014.

1. Bennington_Hahn

Bennington_Hahn This goes out to everybody still hatin' LPA VIP

image.jpg

Thought I'd share for the reactions at the very least :lol:

Captain-EO likes this.
  2. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

STEAL :D

Captain-EO likes this.
  3. Mr. Awesome

Mr. Awesome Well-Known Member

There are different kinds of alternative music. Lorde follows the Alt-pop direction and M&S is folk. MTV should add a "Best Folk Video" title for bands like Munford since folk is now mainstream again at this point. It'd be better if Lorde was moved and nominated for Best Pop Video instead and replace her with Jack White, Seether, or Rise Against as a nominee for Best Rock Video.

Captain-EO likes this.
  4. Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

Say, what if Linkin Park was to do something like Ghosts I-IV? :leo: Doesn't have to be 2 hours long, but I'm thinking of an instrumental album. I'd like that a lot. I actually want to expect this from the Mall OST.

Captain-EO likes this.
  5. Gibs

Gibs The Prog Nerd Über Member

2 hours of LP instrumentals? No thanks. Cure for the Itch, Session, and Drawbar are all great, but part of the reason they're good is because LP rarely does instrumentals. LP doesn't have the creativity to fill a whole album with decent instrumental songs.

Captain-EO likes this.
  6. Filip

quote: ''Doesn't have to be 2 hours long''

Captain-EO likes this.
  7. Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

I didn't think that Linkin Park had the creativity to create A Thousand Suns, but they did.

I think fans don't have a lot of faith because they see a majority of the music-work of the band having been fairly simple and not difficult to play. The thing is, I don't think having insanely difficult songs is a sign of creativity or even a sign of talent.

With that said, I think for the band it's not a matter of musical creativity or whatever - it's time. The band doesn't give themselves the time to make quality albums. I think it's okay to take three or four years between albums to put out something really good, instead of saying that every 18 months we're going to put out a record and it ends up being half-decent (e.g. LIVING THINGS and The Hunting Party​). If the band takes their time and then critically thinks about what they want to do they could put out something really good, even an instrumental album. I believe that, anyways.

Captain-EO likes this.
  8. Bennington_Hahn

Bennington_Hahn This goes out to everybody still hatin' LPA VIP

I'd love it if the band did a full length instrumental album. But given now the last 4 LPU CDs where such a mixed bag for some people I doubt it'll go down well. LP are definalty he band who could pull it off however but hopefully the mall soundtrack will satisfy our need for an album like that at the moment

Captain-EO likes this.
  9. Filip

This is the case for Linkin Park, no doubt. But not for every band. Say, Ghosts I-IV which I mentioned is two hours long, and has 36 tracks. And it's amazing. And it was made in 10 weeks, as Trent said ''not overthinking, just working with impulse.''.

Captain-EO likes this.
  10. polleo

polleo You're gonna carry that weight. LPA Super Member

Since when has LP cared about what will go down well in terms of fans? If they want to make it they'll make it. Someone go write an article about how much vocals there is on mainstream music on pigeons and planes to inspire Mike. There's a possibility he'll come up with an incredible response and make everyone respect him and then bring all the respect down by name-calling in future interviews!

Captain-EO likes this.
  11. lime treacle

lime treacle You are not alone Über Member

:obama:

Captain-EO likes this.
  12. BTorio

BTorio Well-Known Member

I almost never listen to LP's instrumental tracks. The only time I do is when I'm listening to the full albums. That said, it could be interesting. Imagine if you had never heard castle of glass, and heard the instrumental track, shortened to not include the verses prehaps. That would be a pretty cool track, so I think they could do it. Especially if Joe brings some scratching, I think that makes instrumentals really interesting. Between all the synth sounds they've created, Rob and Brad's skills showcased on THP, Joe's scratching, piano, acoustic guitar work like TBT, it could be a super diverse musical journey.

Captain-EO likes this.
  13. polleo

...Is Mike really wearing bracelets in the papercut video?

Captain-EO likes this.
  14. polleo

Captain-EO likes this.
  15. Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

That's an important qualification. Trent Reznor is on a whole other level when it comes to musical creativity, talent and experience where time isn't necessarily a factor into the quality.

Captain-EO likes this.
  16. The Fortunate One

The Fortunate One Well-Known Member

Lol Shinoda got Jinxed.

Captain-EO likes this.
  17. Tyler

Tyler Well-Known Member

I think their instrumentals would be good as long as they keep them out of the typical structure that they use in most of their complete songs. Drawbar doesn't really have a structure but it has progression, and that's what I want to see.

Captain-EO likes this.
  18. The Fortunate One

The Fortunate One Well-Known Member

Is anyone else noticing the similarity between Rebellion and Sleep Now in the Fire (intro riff) by RATM?

Captain-EO likes this.
  19. Dekar

Dekar swimmingsmoke LPA VIP

Damn, I really want to see the "Final Masquerade" video... Patience.

Captain-EO likes this.
  20. Xero-G

Xero-G Reborn LP Fan, and plan to stay that way.

For something completely different, try this with two polar opposite LP songs: Sing the chorus of A Light That Never Comes to the tune of the chorus of War. You won't believe how much potential it has! I've tried this myself and while not perfect, I was able to make it work for the most part :p Let me know how it goes if anyone attempts this!

Captain-EO likes this.