"We Recorded EVERYTHING."

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Sonic, Jul 22, 2014.

Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

If so, what gives? Hopefully they plan on releasing a Making of... or something. You can't come out and say everything was recorded and then not release shit.

THOTS?

BIBBLE

BIBBLE Well-Known Member

This really pisses me off. I always love the Making of movies and all the LPTV episodes.. For this album all we got was a million stupid videos of them making the GATS and interviews of mike saying "rock music sucks, vicseral visercal". I love the album but I miss all that shit that we got in every other album cycle. And I highly doubt were gonna get anything because why would they wait this long to put it out, doesn't make sense.:impossibru: :wat: :facepalm:

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

They'll eventually make us buy THP CD/DVD with the making of.

Knt.Slbs

Knt.Slbs Well-Known Member

There's something fishy going on in this album cycle... :hmm:

lime treacle

lime treacle You are not alone Über Member

Polleo, your signature picture is too big. :lol: I recommend using a [thumb] tag.

polleo

polleo You're gonna carry that weight. LPA Super Member

I thought I removed it before anyone saw it. Guess not.

BrandonR24

BrandonR24 Well-Known Member

Yeah I've wondered this for a while. Hmm was looking forward to it.

Reed To Black

Reed To Black Prog, bro.

Maybe because they're not done with the album yet. Perhaps it's a double album bros. :CUMULUS:

Vic

Vic No game no life

Yeah wtf is going on? Hope we get some news about it soon. What's the point of filming it if they aren't going to release it?

Broman

Broman Well-Known Member

Have a feeling it won't be released. I've been wrong before........and I've been right.

Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

Yeah I don't see the point either, especially when this is supposed to be an album recording process they're so fond of, and went to such a different approach (promo vids intro and pics loved to emphasize the use of a tape recorder)... That they're not going to release it?

I think what might just happen is we get a new album version mid cycle ala ATS+ and LT+, but I may be wrong.

tripleh3lix

tripleh3lix Well-Known Member

Yep. They did 100% state this. The video was taken down and "rumors" were considered "worded wrong". If there was no album coming or anything extra of that sort, Mike should've honestly gone on Twitter and publicly stated this, I know I would've given the way that thread built up. That's not something to ignore and not tell fans about a new album not coming.

We have something coming, I feel it. Whether it's the Mall OST, or some b-sides... or perhaps a new "DVD" like frat party, something is coming. The beginning is among us. Thou shall be patient.

SuperDude526

SuperDude526 Well-Known Member

It could be a contractual thing that for some reason they've not been allowed to release it. I have nothing to back it up, but as long as we're at the level of theories, right?

tripleh3lix

tripleh3lix Well-Known Member

All theories at this point. I think people are secretly hoping for that double album ;P Which I DOUBT we're gonna get.

BTorio

BTorio Well-Known Member

Would they really tour if a second half of the album was coming out?

lordblood

lordblood Radiance of a Thousand Suns

I would love a double album as much as the next LPA fan, but I can't envision Linkin Park writing 24 album-worthy songs in 2 years. The lack of a making of video is curious because they basically didn't release anything beyond a couple of videos for UIG. The fanboy in me wants a CD + DVD combo that has the making of video as well as all the initial "herbivore" demos that Shinoda threw out :p

JonasTheRoman

JonasTheRoman Well-Known Member

Everyone wants that second album since the day somebody here mentioned the word "double album"...
    I think the chances for this are nearly equal to zero.

But if..., just IF they would release new music (e.g. the pop stuff) out of nowhere I would be like... man, blown away! :head:

Being more realistic, I would also love a making-of! Chances are not thaaat bad, I suppose.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2014
    Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

It will be THP+ for sure :kappa:

And normal ALbum with the making of a half year after the normal release.

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

Here's a thought. LP basically makes you buy same ole shit twice. Aka ATS+ and LT+. And that's just the regular album mixed with a live show. And we already got that with the THP CD/DVD European edition. So the only thing they can do is, eventually re-release THP with a cooler, maybe digipak package that imcludes the Making of THP, just like they did with MTM. The only question is when it's coming.

With that said, I think the chances to a part 2 of THP are below zero. And I wouldn't even like to be surprised, I'm pretty sure that would suck.

M&M

M&M Banned

This is actually extremely odd. We have had a making of for each main album except for Hybrid Theory, but we got Frat Party At The Pankake Festival to make up for that. LIVING THINGS did actually have a making of, it was just released through X-Box and various other places instead of the usual Special Edition CD/DVD combo. It wouldn't even be THAT bad if they actually released LPTV episodes again. I feel like we have had no new LPTV in ages. I know they uploaded that very short tour video a week or two ago, but c'mon. We get a very interesting album cycle and process, they claimed to have recorded it all, and yet we have nothing from the making of process. Instagram videos that are about 12 seconds in length is not fair to the hardcore fans at all. Pics are super outdated also, that is something I would expect to get in like 2002. It's now 2014, we have the most advanced video recorders we have ever had, yet we get no video of the process. Very lame. I wish we could bring this to Mike's attention.