Am I missing something?

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Nobody Can Shave Me Now, Jun 17, 2014.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Interview quotes. I might try and find them later

jordanW241

jordanW241 Well-Known Member

During live performances, I always feel like there are so many things Joe could do instead of Mike. Save for playing piano, Mike should be up front the whole time, but it seems him and Joe go halves on a lot of the electronic side of their music. Seems silly to me when Joe stands there bobbing his head a good 50% of the time whilst Mike juggles piano, synth, guitar and vocals one after the other.

In terms of THP, I can't hear much Joe at all to be honest.

lovablepanda

lovablepanda Well-Known Member

Yeah its really unfortunate this hard rock album came at the cost of Joe's involvement but that may be due to the Mall being finished up or maybe it wasn't and the band just didn't find a place for Joe to offer up a lot for this album. I think the solo they gave him though was a way of making up for his lack of participation in the album which I think is really awesome because their concerts just continue to get better and better.

thesungoesdown

thesungoesdown It's like I'm paranoid..

God I wish I had Joe Hahns life. Get paid millions of dollars to show up to photoshoots and tap a button at live shows.

Tyler

Tyler Well-Known Member

Regarding ALITS intro, Mike said that he wrote that part as a poem during ATS recording. He also said that Brad helped him and Chester with lyrics on this album.

Dekar

Dekar swimmingsmoke LPA VIP

Only reading the first post I was so fucking sure you spoke about the admin-Joe. :rofl:

RyRy

RyRy LPA VIP LPA VIP

Would Chester not be present on the album because he's busy with Stone Temple Pilots? No. If Joe was needed, he would be asked to follow up on his main job and stop messing around with another project.

---

Regarding live shows, I'm shocked that Hahn doesn't play the keys at all. It's not like Linkin Park's synth and keyboard parts are THAT challenging. Mike is a co-front man and really shouldn't be doing half the things that he does.

Bennington_Hahn

Bennington_Hahn This goes out to everybody still hatin' LPA VIP

Well technically joe plays the main synth hook(s) to Until it's gone, Numb, in the end, new divide, burn it down as well as the electronic samples in Wastelands, faint, one step closer all on his trigger pads. :kappa:

But Obviously, there are songs like given up, guilty all the same, what I've done, and bleed it out where he hardly does anything at all. I mean if you watch the recent red bull soundstage concert You'd think that joe wasn't even a member of the band at all and just a sound engineer :lol:

lordblood

lordblood Radiance of a Thousand Suns

When I saw them in concert in May, I saw Joe sitting on his pedestal thing facing away from the crowd, typing on his phone. THE DUDE GETS PAID TO TEXT DURING CONCERTS HOW COOL IS THAT?! He could take over the PR side of Linkin Park and do some cool marketing, but Mike handles a lot of that too. Honestly sometimes I feel like the band is more "Mike Shinoda and friends" more than Linkin Park, I suppose there has to be a leader though.

minuteforce

I think he triggers the piano parts in "Bleed It Out" and provides some turntable scratching during "What I've Done", but, otherwise, I guess you're right

lime treacle

lime treacle You are not alone Über Member

I have no problem with Joe doing little to nothing during some songs in a live set. The band shouldn't be pressured to somehow include Joe in every song. In fact, most of the time they don't think about how they'll perform a certain song live while making it.

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

:lol:!

minuteforce

There's live footage of "Given Up" from last year or the year before where you see Joe just taking photos from behind his rig

Decay

Decay Well-Known Member

"Am I missing something?"

The truth ▲▲▲

minuteforce

ask yourself why they won't tell us the TRUTH about why lincoln park won't play ROBOT BOY live ▲▲▲ WAKE UP SHEEPLE

lime treacle

lime treacle You are not alone Über Member

NO Its Acatualy LINCOLN PARK not lincoln pak sO StUpId