Marvel Movie Universe: Phase 2

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by ChuckCheese, Jul 15, 2012.

1. Agent

Agent Formerly known as Agent Sideburns LPA Über VIP

[thumb]http://www.liveforfilms.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/avengers-age-of-ultron-full-poster.jpg[/thumb]

btw, i hope Hawk Eye bites it in this film. he's such a lame. 'super-hero'.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2014
  2. MKH

MKH Bat of Gotham LPA Super VIP

^ Hawkeye's great, Whedon just made him the bitch in the first Avengers.

3. Moridin

Moridin Death Contagious Deity

Footage description:
    [​IMG]

...and Brolin showed up wearing a toy Infinity Gauntlet
    [​IMG]

4. Gibs

Gibs The Prog Nerd Über Member

[​IMG][​IMG]

5. Agent

They even gave him a shit costume. I donno how he fits in among heros that are gods. Get this mortal outta here!

6. MKH

I'm assuming you're giving Black Widow the same logic? :p

Tony's more useless than Clint without the suit, as is Cap without the serum and Banner without the gamma radiation - Thor, Widow, and Hawkeye are the only ones that are heroes as is, right out of the box.

Even Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch were absolutely nothing until HYDRA enhances them in the MCU, as per Elizabeth Olsen and Aaron Taylor-Johnson.

7. Agent

Black Widow is played by Scar Jo so she's automatically forgiven.

Well of course you need some sort of freak accident to become a hero in these comic book stories! I don't believe in heroes 'right out of the box'. Hawkeye doesn't have any power or any charisma to make up for it either. Hence, his existence in these films are pointless. Would rather see a real superhero substitute him tbh.

8. Gibs

I imagine that by the end of Phase 3, they would have gotten rid of him, and replaced him with someone like Doctor Strange or Black Panther.

Within the confines of the MCU, no one really gives a shit about Hawkeye. The really missed an opportunity by not including him in The Winter Soildier. That also begs the question, where was his character during the events of that film?

9. Agent

Haven't seen Captain 2 yet. But you could say the same thing about the rest of the Marvel heroes. Where were the rest of them when Thor 2 happened? :lol:

Honestly they shouldn't even have included Hawkeye in the first Avengers. Frickin weak link.

10. Gibs

But you haven't seen The Winter Solider yet, so I assume you don't know what happens. What takes place is pretty big, and would affect Hawkeye greatly, yet is nowhere to be found. I guess he was off on some mission for SHIELD or something. :lol:

11. Decay

Decay Well-Known Member

I really want an explanation on why the other Avengers weren't included in the solo movies. If you want continuity, then you need to adress that, Marvel!

12. Justin V.

Justin V. Professional Lurker

Whhhhhaaat? Cap 2 changes the universe immensely! You need to see it or basically anything we say could be a spoiler.

And if you listen for the easter eggs the timeline of where the main avengers were during each others movies is explained by hint dropping and clues to the official time period each movie happened in. For example Hulk takes place alongside Iron Man 2. "Iron Man 2"?

"The opening montage of The Incredible Hulk takes place prior to the events of Iron Man 2 (2010) . The latter half of Iron Man 2 runs concurrent to the first half of The Incredible Hulk as the news report for the aftermath of the Hulk's battle on the university campus is on the news near the end of Iron Man 2. The final scene of The Incredible Hulk takes place after the events of Iron Man 2 as Tony Stark is just joining the Avengers by the end of the second Iron Man film." From director hints and hints within the film you either know or can reliably assume where the characters were.

13. Decay

Decay Well-Known Member

Well yeah, but I don't think same can be said for Phase 2 movies.

14. MKH

It's been said/hinted that he was off doing another mission - probably involving Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch as all the filming photos and videos released so far focus heavily on them being with him.

The Avengers have to be "assembled" - the events of Thor: The Dark World that actually happened on Earth took a couple of hours at most and Thor was more than enough to handle it on his own. Furthermore, TDW and TWS happen AFTER Iron Man 3, after Tony's "given up" the suit.

Apparently that's what the Russo brothers meant to implicate with that one line about the parking spot and being off somewhere else before Cap breaks back into the Triskelion.

The Avengers -> Iron Man 3 (Tony "gives up" the suits) -> Thor: TDW (Thor handles it on his own) -> Captain America: TWS (happens over the course of a couple of days and isn't a physical global threat until the end, which Cap and Falcon take care of) -> S.H.I.E.L.D. (repercussions of TWS)

The Phase 2 continuity is less overlapping than Phase 1, but Phase 3, I think, will be the tightest since they have so many new characters coming + what happened in TWS.

15. Agent

Hmm kinda knew a response like that was coming haha

16. Moridin

Moridin Death Contagious Deity

The audio for the Age of Ultron SDCC reel is out there, a quick twitter search will hook you up. It's awesome. They made a creepy rendition of "I've Got No Strings" from Pinocchio that plays over the footage;
    "I've got no strings
    To hold me down
    To make me fret, or make me frown
    I had strings
    But now I'm free
    There are no strings on me" <- with Ultron finishing off the verse with a menacing delivery of that. It's fucking awesome.

And man, the crowds reaction when Cap starts budging Mjolnir.

AoU Comic Con Panel:
    [video=youtube;t-f6U-jZfrs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-f6U-jZfrs[/video]

Also, at SDCC James Gunn was announce to return to write/direct Guardians of the Galaxy 2, to be released July 2017. So Marvel's upcoming slate looks like this:

Age of Ultron: May 2015
    Ant-Man: July 17, 2015

Captain America 3: May 6, 2016
    Untitled Film: July 8, 2016 (Likely Doctor Strange)

Untitled Film: May 5, 2017 (Likely Thor 3)
    Guardians of the Galaxy 2: July 28, 2017
    Untitled Film: November 3, 2017

Untitled Film: May 3, 2018
    Untitled Film: July 6, 2018
    Untitled Film: November 2, 2018

Untitled Film: May 3, 2019

Last edited: Jul 29, 2014
  17. MKH

James Spader, man, goddamn.

18. Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

Is there going to be an Iron Man 4?

Newb question, I know.

19. Gibs

Nothing has been announced yet. Though Robert Downey Jr. seems open to the idea of Iron Man 4, I really don't see them doing another one, with him at least. I imagine his appearances will be restricted to just the Avengers movies now.

I would rather them do new heroes in the MCU, rather than them pumping out constant sequels for the same heroes. They seem to be planning to do at least one new hero per yer, which has got me excited! Phase 3 seems like it will be filled with new characters.
    :awesome:

20. The Joesen One

The Joesen One Fun-employed LPA Super Member

Watch the end of this video for an absolute mind-f-ck.

[video=youtube;cInu82fWFfQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cInu82fWFfQ[/video]