August 8, 2014 - West Palm Beach, FL

Discussion in 'News' started by Kevin, Aug 7, 2014.

Kevin

Kevin A Pattern To Be Followed. LPA Administrator

On the 8th of August Linkin Park kicks off The Carnivores Tour with 30 Seconds To Mars and AFI in West Palm Beach, Florida.

This is the 5th performance for Linkin Park in West Palm Beach, with the previous performances being in 2001, 2004, 2007 and 2008. During their 2001 performance, the band filmed three songs for MTV: In The End, Crawling and A Place For My Head. Two of the performances videos can be seen here for Crawling and A Place For My Head below:

[video=youtube;wvp29117Dwc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvp29117Dwc[/video]
    [video=youtube;Yv_uxafFIck]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yv_uxafFIck[/video]
    We expect this kind of energy during this tour, LP.​

The latest Linkin Park performance was in San Diego for the mtvU Fandom Awards where they played a eight song set. It was believed that the band would play a full set and debut two new songs at the show, but unfortunately that did not happen. The show was filmed by MTV and as of now we have gotten four songs from the show with those being Wastelands, Until It's Gone, One Step Closer and Points of Authority. There is a possibilty that MTV will add the rest of the songs eventually, so keep an eye on the page over here. In the meantime you can check out Until It's Gone from the show below:

[video=youtube;LxuIwCkuisQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxuIwCkuisQ[/video]

The Carnivores Tour

The announcement for the Carnivores Tour came prior to the announcement for The Hunting Party. This was the tour announcement that kicked off the hype for the new album. With the cloudy front page of linkinpark.com and the discussion that came from it we all knew that something was about to hit us.

On August 6th the band held a production rehearsal where they debuted a modified version of the setlist they played during the European Tour earlier this summer during the festival run. The band added in Final Masquerade and Rebellion along with several other smaller changes. There are plenty of recordings of the European festival run set for you to check out. For example, Rock am Ring and Rock in Rio. The band has said that they will not rotate setlists for this tour, although there might always be some changes to it during the run of the tour as there usually is.

After the West Palm Beach concert, the tour continues on to Tampa on the 9th and Charlotte on the 12th. The tour then finishes up in Concord on September 19th.

Are you excited for this tour? Are you going to a show? Maybe going to multiple shows? Come and discuss in our forums.

--------------------------------

Setlist:

01. Mash-Up Intro (Session / Catalyst / Requiem / Guilty All The Same)
    02. Guilty All the Same
    03. One Step Closer (Extended Outro)
    04. Blackout [Shortened] (Instrumental)
    05. Papercut [Shortened]
    06. Rebellion
    07. Robot Boy [Shortened] (Instrumental)
    08. Joe Solo Medley (Wretches And Kings, Victimized Remix, Buy Myself, Cure For The Itch, Session, Plc.4 Mie Hæd)
    09. Burn It Down
    10. Waiting for the End (Until It Breaks Intro, Wall of Noise outro)
    11. Final Masquerade
    12. Mike Solo Medley (Wretches And Kings, Remember The Name, Skin To Bone Remix)
    13. Numb (Numb / Encore Intro / Outro)
    14. In the End
    15. Faint
    16. Crawling [Shortened] (First verse and chorus only, added on 'With You' first verse)
    17. Until It's Gone [shortened]
    18. What I've Done (Extended bridge)
    19. Bleed It Out (The Catalyst "Lift me up, let me go" refrain with drum solo bridge)

RyRy

RyRy LPA VIP LPA VIP

This is going to be my first time seeing Linkin Park :awesome: So fucking pumped for tomorrow.

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

Aaaaaand.....*hurricane*.

RyRy

RyRy LPA VIP LPA VIP

Aaaaaand covered arena. :D

Garrett Dash Maichel

Garrett Dash Maichel Member

Argh. We have to deal with that piece of garbage setlist from the past few international concerts. Kinda disappointing...

RYFO

RYFO Active Member

Good or bad weather, I'm sure Thirty Seconds to Mars will play that song anyway! One of my favs.

BTorio

BTorio Well-Known Member

I'm kinda glad they won't change setlists, that makes me stress about not getting to see the other one lol. I hope they changed some stuff up though, I'm not the biggest fan of the one they're doing now.

ryyyylp

ryyyylp Well-Known Member

Good or bad weather, Jared Leto will let you sing that song for him.

Tyler

Tyler Well-Known Member

Jared will start playing "Hurricane" in the middle of the storm.

I'm hoping the band actually has more energy than they did at Ozzfest, theat show looked unenjoyable. Crawling at that venue sounds terrible.

And did Mike have arm spasms during APFMH? He was deep into the wannabe gangster image at that point.

BIBBLE

BIBBLE Well-Known Member

I was watching a video of the rehearsal of Rebellion and the vocals sounded nothing like they do on the studio version, Chester is singing it in this weird ass way.

street soldier

street soldier Active Member

Will quote Astat's rant:

It's not the setlist itself that's terrible, it's what they've chosen to do with it. Why would you keep the Ballad Medley, which EVERYONE complains about, but shorten the most popular song off the album you just released less than 2 months ago? Why would you not only keep, but EXTEND the awful sped-up version of Crawling, but drop A Light That Never Comes, which was a very successful recent single that hasn't been played live much? Why would you drop With You, a universally-loved song by band and fans alike, but keep Runaway, which is Chester's most-hated song in the entire Linkin Park catalog and generally not what people would rather hear if given the choice between the two?

These guys are getting more and more clueless about what people want to hear at their live shows as the years go on. Play a bunch of hits. Play them in full. You have enough of them at this point in your career that you're going to have to pick and choose which ones to play anyway, so play a set of 80% hits and 20% "goodies." Rotate both hits and "goodies" from time to time, instead of letting songs from your most popular album go untouched for over 10 years. Pay attention to what people think when it comes to your live show, because while it's perfectly acceptable to make the album you want to make, the entire essence of the live show is the FANS. Judge what should stay and what should go by what people are saying about each show. Drop the diva attitude and ego you cleverly hide when you're in the public eye, stop thinking your fans are all idiots and that you know everything, and QUIT PLAYING STUPID SHIT.

Elaine

Elaine The One They Call Elaine. LPA VIP

I like the ballad medley.

"I know everything and you're idiots."

Seems a bit hypocritical, no?

sonof0228

sonof0228 Member

Never let the haters phase u

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

They should've had Phoenix do backing vox on "Rebellion". I think that song needs more than two vocalists live

:eek:
    so tru

BongKong

BongKong Well-Known Member

Im disappointed reading the negative post day one of the tour. Who cares what they play? They put every ounce of their energy every show I've ever seen them play, just be privileged if you get the chance to see them live rather than what song will appease you.

lovablepanda

lovablepanda Well-Known Member

Super excited tour starts today. Going to the concert tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Elaine

Elaine The One They Call Elaine. LPA VIP

Hope we get videos of Final Masquerade and Rebellion.

BIBBLE

BIBBLE Well-Known Member

For everyone who was there, how was the concert? How were AFI and 30STM? And of course how was LP?

Garrett Dash Maichel

Garrett Dash Maichel Member

30STM only sang 11 songs. I thought it was a co-headliner!!! D: Mike PROMISED us we'd get full sets. Grrrrr.

KrwlngGirlLP

KrwlngGirlLP Active Member

Loved it !

Unfortunately I missed out on AFI, would've loved to see them because I've never had. Oh well. 30stm was unbelievable , I had seen them this past December and they do not disappoint. Jared knows how to work up the crowd. They brought fans up to the stage, confetti, huge balloons floating around. I even got to see Jared up close in my section, so freaking awesome!!

As for LP, it sucked that they took forever to get on due to whatever good reason they had . Lot of rumors that he was sick but none the less they still pulled off an amazing show. Chester barely moved , and his vocals weren't as strong but it still rocked ! Amazing set list and awesome mixes ! Crawling shouldn't be removed it's always amazing to hear it even though he lets the crowd sing it. This has been like my 6th time seeing them, and I love that they are so loyal and dedicating to their fans. They never disappoint! Do not miss out in this awesome tour!!! :)