I've never enjoyed an interlude/instrumental like Drawbar

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by tripleh3lix, Aug 4, 2014.

tripleh3lix

tripleh3lix Well-Known Member

I really don't understand the hate.. It's damn amazing.

hawk

hawk because the internet LPA Super VIP

people don't necessarily hate it, but people feel as though the interlude is a severe under-use of the tom morello feature, i believe.

Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

Hawk pretty much said it. Some people also just don't like interludes and much prefer full songs.

But I personally love Drawbar. It was unexpected considering the collaborator, so I can appreciate it.

MKH

MKH Bat of Gotham LPA Super VIP

This just about sums it up for me. I would enjoy if, with 18 months on their hands, they could put out 12 full tracks, instead of shit like "Empty Spaces" and "The Summoning" and trying to be deep on some level with how the sound nestles in your ears or some shit like that.

polleo

polleo You're gonna carry that weight. LPA Super Member

Drawbar is beautiful. Especially the Drawbar to FM transition. I don't get the Summoning though. Its is supposed to be an ear-cleanser but its kind of noisy.

Bennington_Hahn

Bennington_Hahn This goes out to everybody still hatin' LPA VIP

Who says an album has to be 12 tracks/songs? Dark side of the moon still manages to be one of the best albums ever with only 10 tracks....

Anyway I love drawbar. Despite Morellos contribution being a little disappointing, the track itself was so different to what I was expecting. It totally reminds me of the work from the band "Explosions in the Sky". Fantastically atmospheric instrumental.

MKH

MKH Bat of Gotham LPA Super VIP

I say it does, because that's my opinion :p and the point wasn't the "12" but the "full"

lime treacle

lime treacle You are not alone Über Member

I hate it how so many people are disappointed just because they expected more from a Tom Morello feature.

It actually makes me think it would have been better they didn't make it a feature, but just credited the guitar to Morello.

EDIT: But even then we'd get "OMG THEY HAD FUCKING MORELLO AND THIS IS WHAT THEY HAD HIM DO?! GTFO LP"

Last edited: Aug 4, 2014
    Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

Jornada del Muerto.

It's the best thing ever.

insanefanboy

insanefanboy RIP Chester Bennington

I consider instrumental tracks or interludes to be filler, with the exception of Wake. Drawbar could've been the one to change my mind, but it didn't make the most of Morello. I was actually expecting Armageddon, and it never arrived, so to speak.

Delicious Dave

Delicious Dave I'm gonna drive you into your own anus.

Jornada Del Muerto is the best interlude they've ever done. I consider it a proper song, same with The Requiem.

One More Rob

One More Rob Well-Known Member

I wasn't dissapointed because LP and Morello are similar in the way that they have the "expect the unexpected" approach". Considering Mike stepped in and said that the contribution Morello had came natural. I see it this way: if they had told Morello simply to play it it surely would be hilarious to have Morello do it, but since Morello "came up" with it himself, they should fight with Morello instead.

Jack_Farrell

Jack_Farrell KTTK is Chester suicide-diving off a cliff naked

If you've never enjoyed an instrumental as much as Drawbar then you haven't heard enough instrumental music, lol.

tripleh3lix

Not everyone listens to all kinds of music in the world. I've probably heard things you haven't heard too. Everyone's different.

M&M

M&M Banned

I think people were expecting some extreme heavy nu-metal throwback from a song by Linkin Park & Tom Morello, but instead we got this gem of a song. I love it.

Jack_Farrell

Jack_Farrell KTTK is Chester suicide-diving off a cliff naked

Still doesn't make it half as good as other music out there. If anything out of all the instrumentals Drawbar is one of the weakest in all of LP's catalog.

The Fortunate One

The Fortunate One Well-Known Member

That is very debatable, but so what? The poster enjoyed it more than others. Got a problem with that?

tripleh3lix

And we're on a Linkin Park forum, we're not talking about other music. Sure there are "better" pieces done, but I just enjoyed it. It's really different, it's all over the place, it's peaceful.

Opinions are extremely subjective, specially from person to person. You could enjoy Mozart, and while it may be amazing to you, others may hate it. It's all subjective.

tripleh3lix

All of ATS instrumentals are kickass, but I really enjoyed Wisdom, Justice, and Love out of all of them.

lordblood

lordblood Radiance of a Thousand Suns

The funny thing about the disappointment of Tom Morello on Drawbar is that he actually wrote the guitar line. It wasn't like AFN where LP wrote the song and just had Page come in and sing/play guitar.