I've never enjoyed an interlude/instrumental like Drawbar

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by tripleh3lix, Aug 4, 2014.

lordblood

lordblood Radiance of a Thousand Suns

Burning in the Skies is 5x less awesome without The Requiem + The Radiance buildup. I also think Robot Boy -> Jornada Del Muerto -> Waiting For the End could be considered one song.

The Fortunate One

The Fortunate One Well-Known Member

Fallout/The Catalyst was so great. Reminds me of ALITS. Vice Versa actually.

Cure4thItch

Cure4thItch BEST IN THE WORLD

I don't understand the expectation put on Morello....If you want to hear him do what he's already done, go and listen to that stuff.

Linkin Park and ol' mate Tom got together and made many a tune, I'm sure, I bet some of them sounded more like 'what it should have sounded like' (lol) but In The End, they chose this sombre and subtle interlude to go on the album because it was the BEST thing they made (in their opinions). If you're too stuck to 'omg, where is bulls on parade' then you're the ones missing out. Soz.

The Fortunate One

The Fortunate One Well-Known Member

Spot on.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

People will get over it - and, in most cases, at least around here, they already have. :) You just have to understand that there's a big disparity between reading that Rage Against The Machine's guitarist, who's known for fantastic riffs, contributed to Linkin Park's heavy, VISCERAL rock-oriented album ... and, then, hearing "Drawbar", which is nowhere near what most people expected given what we had read. Some people have had trouble coming to terms with that.

Personally, I'd say that "Drawbar" is a beautiful little break from all the riffs and screaming. Plus, I always appreciate a good surprise from Linkin Park, so I now think that the way in which they fucked with people's expectations like that is pretty cool. I like that it really feels and sounds like a jam session too - it sounds like an unedited live recording from the studio, adding to the "live band" atmosphere that Linkin Park attempted to achieve on "The Hunting Party".

Orion

Orion New Member

I'm positive absolutely nobody expected Drawbar to sound how it does now, and if they say they did they're lying. I was shocked to hear Drawbar being that.

But once I took my prior expectations away from it I think it's a very nice interlude and a good break from the heaviness throughout that leads up to Final Masquerade.

I do wish it cross-faded into FM though...

Last edited: Aug 12, 2014
    minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Agreed. :sleep:

Tocaraca

Tocaraca A part of me screams away silently

You said you've never enjoyed an instrumental this much, what about 'Session'? That is the best instrumental ever made in history.
    I find this to be a song rather than an interlude, so I can compare it to Session myself. I like this song though, it's relaxing.

One More Rob

One More Rob Well-Known Member

well said man! my thoughts exactly!