"Session" - Song by Song, Let's Talk Linkin Park

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by hawk, Jul 2, 2014.

1. lime treacle

lime treacle You are not alone Über Member

I was going to talk about whichever song we were on, but seeing that I skipped one because it wasn't given enough time to be discussed about annoys me and doesn't make me want to talk about any track right now. :lol:

2. Elaine

Elaine The One They Call Elaine. LPA VIP

And that's the problem when anyone can decide to move on at any given time.

HEY, LET'S TALK ABOUT A LINE IN THE SAND! :kappa:

3. Paree

Paree I love my scars!

It seems like no body was interested in HTF.Sorry

4. lime treacle

Very true.

There would have been more posts had you left enough time for people to post. Jeez.

5. Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

Hey, here's a cool new rule. 48 hours from the original post, we start on a new track. Okay?

Let's finish "Hit the Floor," and if we find in 24 hours no one has said anything, move on and we start doing things every two days.

And like I said at the very beginning of the thread, ONE PERSON should be keeping track and making sure it moves along. This kind of shit becomes really annoying when multiple people try to take control of the thread. So elect someone and move forward.

6. Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

Fucking stupid. Just wait 2 days, doesn't matter if no one is posting. Just like I just didn't catch the time to write anything, and I wanted to. I think we should just leave this to Hawk and minuteforce as it originally was.

Hit The Floor is a very fun track to me, regardless of how much hate it gets around here. The verses, as is most rapping on Meteora, are very simple, but whatever. The chorus just takes your face and STOMPS on it. I've always loved how agressive it is. Lyrically I think the chorus is fun, flying high - falling low. I think the percussion in the track is pretty cool, has some sounds that are... unusual for Linkin Park. I think that if this song was in Hybrid Theory, we could get a pretty damn good remix of it.

7. polleo

polleo You're gonna carry that weight. LPA Super Member

Hit on the floor, IMO is the heaviest song on the album. But then, no matter how good it is separately, to hear Mike and Chester go on and on about 'you' angrily for three songs, it gets a little tiring. It and lying with you are probably the least distinctive tracks in all of LP's albums for me.

EDIT:*Lying from you. That was the dumbest mistake I could have made.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2014
  8. Filip

"lying with you"

That a mashup?

9. MagmaXtreme

MagmaXtreme Well-Known Member

I'm talking about Hit The Floor, you combine this song with Victimized and you have one very monstrous track you can articulate from a mashup.

Hit The Floor is weak instrumentally and the lyrics aren't too great either, but the song is probably the most lyrically aggressive LP has done, this is literary an anthem for psychotic murder. I personally really dig the "you're going down and you'll be left with nothing!" theme going on and the way it is delivered.

I think A06 would have been a much better instrumental for this song if adapted correctly, listening to that demo reminds me of HTF instantly. This is one of those tracks that has great potential if reworked properly, the concept behind it's delivery can definitely be applied in a way that will make a track with more mature, well driven and explosive angst (for example you could put a political twist on the theme).

Speaking of rework, I wish someone remixed this song to make it into something worth more merit. There's just a distinct lack of remixes for Meteora songs and that's disappointing, the only decent remix I found for HTF was this : https://soundcloud.com/blackjaguargx64/hit-the-floor-linkin-park

I don't get why people practically don't acknowledge the song's existence, its better than One Step Closer imo and noticeably more creative.

10. hawk

hawk because the internet LPA Super VIP

people started moving onto the next track before i had a chance to take it upon myself to do so. i've been swamped lately. i request that you leave it to minuteforce and myself for the time being.

edit: forget how fast we've been moving. clean the slate. fuck it.

11. Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

BACK TO TOPIC

Hit The Floor is a song i really never felt to listen to. Its just meeeeh to me. Maybe one reason why Meteora isnt that good. Songs like this make Meteora just ok.

Captain-EO likes this.
  12. Paree

Paree I love my scars!

There was no need of making it a big issue after all it is just a random discussion. You guys are very immature. Bye LPA.this is a forum with mad members. Worst forums i have ever seen.

13. RazorEye

RazorEye The light on the horizon...

I would've passed this off as a funny, sarcastic comment, but then I saw his post count. :p

14. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

This thread is far from "just a random discussion". It's actually all pretty neatly-ordered. :rolleyes:

15. lime treacle

[​IMG]

You will be sorely missed.

Exactly. :disgust:

~

"Hit the Floor" might be the heaviest track in the first three, if not four albums; I like the trippy mood of the verses and the way the ruthless riff (which is just as defined by the guitars as by the breaks between chord parts) meddles with Chester's screaming and Mike's chanting in the chorus. The screaming is neatly contrasted by singing in the "and then it's all gone" parts, but further screams underneath the chants don't allow you to be fooled – this is truly one hard-hitting track.

16. Filip

Mad members? We just tried following the rules. Sorry if it came across rude (at least on my part), but it wasn't 'kay to start a new discussion when not everyone's had the time to contribute to the discussion. Don't quit over stuff like this. I was on my way to being banned before I started following the rules, but when I did... I've been an active member here for 2 years now, loving every minute of it.

17. Josh

Josh Met LP 8-13-14 LPA VIP

Explains your join date. You are simply a hypocrite because you made it a big issue yourself, but in the end, it doesen't even matter :kappa:

on topic
    Hit the floor was a heavy song and it was good. I thought it got tiring though after listening to 3 hard songs in a row. Still a good song.

18. lime treacle

Let's not get too ahead of ourselves here. :kappa:

19. Atticus

Atticus Bullets lance the bravest lungs

To me, Hit The Floor feels like a bunch of leftover ideas from the nu-metal era thrown together into a regurgitated mess. Possibly my least favourite song from their roots.

20. Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

+1

Captain-EO likes this.