August 16, 2014 - Mansfield, MA

Discussion in 'News' started by Hybrid, Aug 16, 2014.

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

[​IMG]

After an exciting performance at Camden, New Jersey's Susquehana Bank Center, Linkin Park now look to taking the Xfinity Center's stage in Mansfield, MA tonight. Linkin Park has performed on this same stage six times before: two back-to-back shows during 2001's Ozzfest, three Projekt Revolution tours (2004, 2007 and 2008) and, more recently, the Honda Civic Tour in 2012.

Check out the performance of "Rebellion" from last night courtesy of Youtube Member Jun C. and his upload of Yahoo/Live Nation's live stream!

[youtube]_iTZZD9RZtM[/youtube]​

After tonight's concert, Linkin Park and the Carnivores Tour will head to Holmdel, NJ and then to Wantagh, NY.

Will you be attending tonight's show? Let us know in the comments! If you meet up with a fellow member of the LPA, be sure to snap a photo of you guys and share it with us in the comments on the LPA Meet-Ups thread!

--------------------------------

Setlist(via LPL):

01. Mashup Intro #2 (w/ Session, 1stp Klosr, The Requiem, The Summoning, The Catalyst, Guilty All The Same)
    02. Guilty All The Same
    03. Given Up (Ext. Outro w/ Extra Note)
    04. With You
    05. One Step Closer (Ext. Outro)
    06. Blackout [Shortened] (Intro and Partial Outro Instrumental Only; Ext. Papercut Beat Outro Transition)
    07. Papercut [Shortened] (No Second Verse or Second Chorus)
    08. Rebellion (Ext. Intro; Outro Transition)
    09. Runaway [Shortened] (Intro/First Verse/Chorus Only; Ext. Outro Transition w/ Wastelands Verse 1)
    10. Wastelands
    11. Castle Of Glass (Experience Version; Piano Transition Outro)
    12. Leave Out All The Rest/Shadow Of The Day/Iridescent (Ballad Medley)
    13. Robot Boy [Shortened] (Intro, Synth Bridge, and Ending Instrumental Only)
    14. Joe Solo Medley (Wretches And Kings, Victimized Remix, Buy Myself, Cure For The Itch, Session, Plc.4 Mie Hæd)
    15. Numb (Numb/Encore Outro)
    16. Waiting For The End (Apaches Intro w/ 'Until It Breaks' Verse 2; Wall Of Noise Outro)
    17. Final Masquerade
    18. Mike Solo Medley (Wretches And Kings, Remember The Name Chorus + Verse 1; Ext. Outro Transition)
    19. Lying From You (Dirt Off Your Should Intro/Bridge/Outro)
    20. Somewhere I Belong
    21. In The End
    22. Faint (Ext. Outro)
    --------------------------------
    23. Burn It Down [Shortened] (No Second Verse or Second Chorus)
    24. Lost In The Echo [Shortened] (Shortened (No Second Verse, Second Chorus, or Bridge)
    25. New Divide [Shortened] (No Second Verse and Second Chorus; Transition Outro)
    26. Until It's Gone [Shortened] (Ext. Intro w/ Points Of Authority Rap)
    27. What I've Done (Short Ticking Intro; Ext. Guitar Solo Bridge)
    28. Bleed It Out (Ext. Intro; Ext. Bridge w/ Drum Solo + The Catalyst Refrain; Ext. Ending)

Source: Jun C. l Setlist via LPLive

ProjektSoxRock

ProjektSoxRock Of Beauty & Rage

In the pit tonight! Mansfield is a nice venue and should be a great show.

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

Rebellion is a monster live! But let Chester take the lead on the chorus, damnit.

Or Mike should sing it with that passion he sang the last chorus with. He sounds nauseated in the first two chorus'.

Dekar

Dekar swimmingsmoke LPA VIP

Way better quality. :)

Reed To Black

Reed To Black Prog, bro.

Yeah Mike's singing is terrible when he thinks about it. He needs to just feel it.

BIBBLE

BIBBLE Well-Known Member

Fuck that's what I been thinking, in the studio version the first chorus "We are the fortunate ones who never faced oppressions gun" is all Chester and when they play it live I can only hear Mike.

Vic

Vic No game no life

Wow that last chorus! Mike nailed it!

thekman786

thekman786 Member

Anyone know if there is a rip of the livestream anywhere online?

Star Scream

Star Scream Does A Machine Like You Ever Experience Fear

WOW rebellion is amazing live :awesome: i am out of words the whole song was just epic and that bridge!! no point typing anything to describe how awesome that bridge was :lol:

edit: the last chorus just reminded me of the chorus of no roads left. more excited for mikes vocals than chesters now :ohno:

Last edited: Aug 17, 2014
    BTorio

BTorio Well-Known Member

Holy crap Rebellion is sick live, they need to add an extended outro to that and it will be amazing

Decay

Decay Well-Known Member

Notice how he isn't playing a lot of guitar during that last chorus. I'd say he's still getting used to playing the song and singing at the same time.

The song sounds solid liveside from some timing issues (Chester at the end of the bridge being the worst example). The bridge itself, though, sounds great live.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2014
    Crankshaft

Crankshaft Je m'appelle Baguette

So after visiting for months i finally decided to register after reading this thread.

Rebellion sounds amazing live! The only that in my opinion will improve the live performance of it is to have Mike sing the whole song like he did the last chorus with Chester doing some lower harmonies.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

I think that it'd be cool if they had, say, Phoenix helping out with those vocal harmonies, at least so that there's someone doing the low melody at the end. It works for "Castle Of Glass", " Little Things" and "The Catalyst", and it would work for "Rebellion" too

There are a bunch of vocal parts throughout "The Hunting Party" that require more than two voices, just as there are on other LP albums.

lyingfromyou03

lyingfromyou03 The Little Things Give You Away

This was my 7th time seeing LP and my second favorite time seeing them live (the first still being 07's Project Revolution in Mansfield). Chester's voice was incredible last night, and their energy was amazing. I've was definitely nervous about seeing the new tracks live, but I was super impressed by everything. The band was energetic and the crowd sang along to everything. I really wish they were doing the downloads after the performance last night.

jdanek630

jdanek630 Well-Known Member

Agree 110% with all of this. Great show last night. The condensed version of songs to fit in more tracks to the set list really work well live. Chester sounded amazing and really nailed the prominent screams in their two opening tracks - GATS and Given Up.

No More Sorrow was NOT on the set list, which was kinda surprising.

For those keeping score of the very small details... Final Masquerade sounded incredible live (the percussion adds so much energy that it otherwise wouldn't have during the verses), but Chester sang the opening lyrics as, "tearing me apart with... the words you wouldn't say". He added, "the" in there, and it fit in perfectly.

No one can claim I wasn't paying attention!!

darshv3

darshv3 New Member

I created an account here after visiting for the last 5 months or so just to talk about the concert.

So, coming from someone who's only ever been to 3 concerts including last night (one of the others was the Paramore and Fall Out Boy tour earlier this summer) and hasn't seen Linkin Park before, holy crap that was absolutely amazing. Chester hit every note, the band had a ton of energy, the set was really cool, the crowd got really into it, and they managed to mix things up with the setlist so that it felt dynamic. It started out as a really edgy high-energy rock and roll show, and then almost transitioned into sort of a mix of a hip hop and electronica show before turning into a more anthemic feeling but still really energetic and fun show with songs like Burn it Down, New Divide, What i've Done, In the End, and Faint. The way they cut up a lot of the songs was a really good decision I thought since it helped explore more of the band's discography while still fitting everything into the set and having several clever transitions. I'll also note that AFI did a great job as an opening act and 30STM put on a really fun show too.

Basically, it was awesome.

LohithMohan

LohithMohan It's like I'm paranoid...or am I?

I thought Brad was the 3rd vocalist in the group. Sad he doesn't do much of that on the stage

Hybridora

Hybridora Well-Known Member

I checked out the comments just to see if anyone else was going to point out how great Mike sounded on that last chorus. Honestly I think that's the best I've ever heard Mike sing live. He really should stick to the louder, higher notes. His voice is always shakey on the lower registers. Also someone did point out he wasn't playing guitar much on the last chorus, and I'm sure that is a big factor as well.

Dekar

Dekar swimmingsmoke LPA VIP

That's actually also the case with the studio version, you just can't hear it that clearly.

jdanek630

jdanek630 Well-Known Member

AH, thanks for sharing. I never knew that.

Then I shall amend my previous statement to say that "the" is much more pronounced live than in studio... because I know EVERYONE's been dying to find that out!! ;)