A Thousand Suns General Discussion

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Jaba, Aug 13, 2014.

Tocaraca

Tocaraca A part of me screams away silently

I used to think this album was really weird. I found the 2 intro songs strange, then I got to Burning In The Skies and I loved it. When They Come For Me was strange as it had the weird distorted guitar then the distorted synthesizer telephone-like sound. The rapping was different to any Linkin Park rapping I'd ever heard, and I now I love the part 'Try to catch up motherfucker' and then it goes onto a good chorus. The bridge part where chester sings is my favourite part, and the end has the best chorus.
    Then the song is ruined by a fucked up yodel of Chester's high pitched voice. I am actually going to remove that part of the song from my iTunes and pretend it ends when it should. They screwed up there.
    Robot Boy is continuous and I really like the verse. Which is the whole thing, so you get what I'm saying.
    Waiting For The End has the best rapping, then my Mum loves the soft part with Chester's voice, so do I. It made me cry once.
    I was extremely impressed by the 2 heavy ones after this, the talk at the start and end of Wretches And Kings is one of the best protest lines in Linkin Park. Is Chester really 'rapping' in Blackout? Because it's not singing until the chorus.
    The Catalyst is an amazing song, it would have been a great way to end the album, if they hadn't put a crap song after it. The Messenger disappeared from my iTunes anyway, so did track number 2 (the speech about the atomic bomb test). I then deleted track no.1 because it was unneeded as it linked with track no.2.
    Anyway, it's my least favourite album, but I love all of the albums in Linkin Park, so I still love ATS.
    Sorry for my long post.

Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

REALLY.

Sorry for this post that i make, but i think the word "crap" isnt a good way to express the dislike to The Messenger. For me, its a beautiful song and one of the best soft ones of LP. Live its so much better. How can someone call it crap. Ok you dont like it. Good, its your opinion. But that doesnt mean that this song is "crap".

Sorry, but i think this isnt a good way to tell someone his opinion. SORRY.

If i remember it right, this part of the song wa smade by the winner of the "The Catalyst" Remix Session. I can be wrong, but i am sure that this wasnt made by LP.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

NoBraiN won the chance to produce and arrange the outro on "When They Come For Me", yes, but the vocal was obviously performed by Chester and not him. :p

On that note, I think that the way in which Linkin Park gave a fan the chance to contribute to the album was really cool and unique. Some bands just gather up a lot of fans and have them contribute crowd vocals for every song on an album (or two) ... but, for "A Thousand Suns", Linkin Park picked one person to straight-up create/arrange a whole section of a track, really show off their talent and really add their own personal touch to the song. I think that that's far more special. :)

The way that they went about picking that someone was difficult to understand at the first - perhaps they didn't explain it very clearly - but it all made sense later on.

polleo

polleo You're gonna carry that weight. LPA Super Member

I love the outro to When they come for me. Infact, the first time I heard that outro and the fuck it, are you listening? parts was during the second listening of the album and it took my by surprise. I didn't really pay attention the first time, I don't know how. I didn't like the album on the first listen. But, I kept coming back to those tracks. I'd just listen to Blackout ,WTCFM, Waiting for the end and Wretches and kings. Then, I opened up to the whole album. But, the outro was the thing that made me like that song. I like all the weirdness in the album so so much. Also, The Messenger is supposed to contrast The catalyst. That's why both the songs are the way they are, both lyrically and musically. The Messenger serves as the best closer to ATS IMO. Although, in terms of all LP albums, TLTGYA and ALITS are too good to be beaten by it.

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

This is the first time I've heard that NoBraiN did the outro to WTCFM himself. I knew he did something on the track, but this is news to me. Which is fucked up since I consider WTCFM to be my favorite song of all time.

minuteforce

LPA did an interview with NoBraiN wherein he described his experience, so you might like to read that if you want to know a bit more.

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

Very cool.

lovablepanda

lovablepanda Well-Known Member

A Thousands has two of my favorite songs of all time on them; Waiting for the End and the Catalyst with the former being my all time #1. Overall I think the album is a solid effort by the band but I must admit, I was curious as to where the band was headed. The hate for the Messenger I find to be strange because while Chester shouts every lyric, I would never have thought that would have warranted so many people complaining about it. I think a softer vocal performance might have been too predictable by the band and I find the messenger to be one the best closer on any of their albums.

Broman

Broman Well-Known Member

Lol, I kinda meant it more as a backlash against people who only like Meteora and Hybrid Theory.

lime treacle

lime treacle You are not alone Über Member

Wow, props to Czeslaw. Had no idea he did the WTCFM outro.

Tocaraca

I really don't understand why anybody would like the outro of WTCFM. It sounds like Chester is trying to make a bad sound just to ruin the song. Of course, whoever did make the outro I completely disagree with.
    On the other hand, when I say The Messenger is crap, I have every right to have that opinion, because I don't really care about what everybody else thinks of the song. I did put it in my 'Soft Linkin Park' playlist before and when I played the tracks on my CD in the car nobody liked it.

Michele

Well , there is a difference to call a song "crap" or to say that you dont like it.

This is wrong. Everyone has an opinion and you should respect it. You should respect that there are many people who really like or love this song. To call it crap isnt right. You can say that the song is IN YOUR OPINION crap. But to call it just crap makes it sound disdainful that you dont have respectt of the work LP did.

But you are just a kid, you cant know this.

Tocaraca

I know this. And you know it was my opinion, didn't I say that 'I think it's crap' rather than 'Its crap'? I respect people's opinions, but on the other hand, they should respect mine too. If I don't like something but you do like it... that's fine, it's just strange that people liked bad stuff IN MY OPINION (I didn't forget to mention that).
    PS: The word Don't has an apostrophe.

Michele

this isnt worth to discuss... its your opinion that this is bad stufff. but how you say this it make is general bad.

But i stop here.

Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

I had no idea he did the entirety of the outro. That's impressive.

The Free Element

The Free Element Well-Known Member

What's whit all the hating on The Messenger ? Is a great ending for the record.

Blackee Dammet

Blackee Dammet Feminism Is My God Now

Despite all the love for "unconventional" aspects of LP music, that Chester did a slow song without making it angelic and ballad-like it confuses and upsets them.

Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

Okay.

minuteforce

I've always regarded "The Messenger" as, like, the 'credits music' on "A Thousand Suns". For me, "The Catalyst" closes the album, and "The Messenger" is just a little extra thing at the end.

Ree

Ree a female witch. LPA Administrator

Just in relation to the NoBrain discussion above, I always found it funny that the outro of WTCFM is my favourite part of any LP song and it wasn't even done by them. :lol:

The Requiem, Burning in the Skies, WTCFM, Blackout, WFTE and The Catalyst are all flawless to me. So call me an ATS fangirl but I don't think LP can ever top ATS.