Final Masquerade Acoustic (LPU Summit, The Woodlands, TX)

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Minus, Sep 7, 2014.

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

So a few things.

Yes, I'm singing along. I know people are going to be pissed about that. But you know what?

1. This event is FOR the LPU members that bought the tickets. It's within our right of enjoyment to sing along.
    2. Chester, Rob, and Phoenix (and yes, that was an Oxford comma) complimented me on my singing then and previously during the warm-up.

And
    3. Considering how ahem, well the performance in New York was vocally along with being right in front of Chester, I will retroactively take credit for Chester's improved performance here.

Sorry not sorry. Enjoy!

[youtube]lNQo_Uchgog[/youtube]

--------------

As an aside to #2, Rob asked if I sang in a band and when I answered no, incredulously asked why the fuck not. So that was cool.

As an aside aside, the audio sounded better in the car. And I can now hear the rasp from all the singing we had done before the Q & A.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2014
    Mitch

Mitch YTB

Awesome stuff mate! How was the summit?

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

I'd be in a band with you, Minus. :p

ernieball003

ernieball003 Well-Known Member

I don't know why people don't like hearing other people singing in live videos. The crowd singing along at a show is one of my favorite things. Pretty cool thing when 10,000+ people are all singing along. And hey, it's a shitton better than my completely blown out voice that popped into a few of my videos. My own fault for attempting to keep pace during Given Up. I failed. :cocainefan:

Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

Shut up , damn :kappa:

Seriously , i really like your voice :) Is pretty nice and well , if the band seems to say that , it has to mean something. DO what they say to you , go to sing in a band and be bigger than LP someday :kappa:

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

I'm honestly more surprised Minus knows Final Masquerade by heart.

Minus

People are in fact giving the video shit. Which is funny AND stupid when you consider that in the grand scheme of things, I wasn't actually singing that loudly at the Summit. I COULD have been belting out alongside Chester but I wasn't. And here's proof:

[youtube]DFF23vNn_9Q[/youtube]

This guy was sitting right next to me. You can even hear me yell "LORENZO!" during the sound issue past the one minute mark. Then when the singing starts, you can barely hear me at all.

Mitch

Mitch YTB

Chester sounded a lot better compared to the last acoustic version of this song.

hawk

hawk because the internet LPA Super VIP

thanks for sharing minus.
    ignore the spoilt fuckers. as long as you enjoyed yourself, that's all that matters.

Minus

I'm taking all the credit for that. Chester felt the need to prove himself after Joe Hahn and I did a rockin' rendition of Tom Petty's Free Fallin'.

That wasn't sarcasm, by the way. Literally happened. Joe grabbed the guitar and started playing right before they did FM. Chester thought it was a different song, but Mike corrected him. Then I sang the chorus to prove that Joe was playing the right chords. At which point, Chester pointed at me, went, "YEAH! You! Here, sing it! But this time, sing 'Free ballin' instead!" at which point he gave me the mic and made me sing. So that was a thing.