LPU14 Speculations and Hopes

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by limonpower, Sep 22, 2014.

Wizardofozil

Wizardofozil Well-Known Member

Pushing me away demo or runaway

Bawa

Bawa Could wait to see tomorrow.

Pushing Me Away probably isn't every interesting, considering it was recorded rather late and probably didn't go through many changes before it dropped on Hybrid Theory. As for Runaway, we already have the Xero Stick N' Move and the transitional Stick N' Move/Runaway demo from LPU9... Although a later demo would be neat to hear, assuming that it didn't go straight from the instrumental LPU9 demo to the final product.

Apop

Apop LPA VIP LPA VIP

The only problem I have with something like this happening is my iPod library is already full of all these different versions of songs. We've got instrumentals, vocals, remixes, live recordings, & demos for some of these songs; I have to scroll through like 8 "I'll Be Gone"s, haha!

Wizardofozil

I got about 9 by myself on my iphone xD

Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

Sorry, but... I´ve got an hard time seeing this as an honest statement from someone who doesn´t even like or listen to artists who are universally famous for writing good heavy guitar parts.

Mastodon? Gojira? Metallica? Tool? Deftones? Refused? Slayer? Ministry? At The Drive In? Norma Jean? Converge? I really, really doubt you´d like any of that stuff, despite the fact all of it is famous for being high quality heavy music.

My point is not that LP is as good as those bands at writing heavy stuff. My point is that, how can you come and say that your beef is only with LP heavy music, when it´s obvious that you have no interest whatsoever in heavy music in general.

Another thing.... If THP was that bad and generic and boring and repetitive.... How do you explain the fact that, out of all LP releases, it has get the best critical reception ever by quite a long shot, along with ATS??? ;)

Last edited: Sep 26, 2014
    TobinKnowsBest

TobinKnowsBest 20.03.1976 - 20.07.2017 LPA VIP

Does anyone else remember Mike saying his vocal intro/outro on ALITS was actually taken from a full song they recorded originally for ATS?

I'd really like to hear that ATS demo, I think it would be really interesting

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

^Think that was part of the info we got on June 17 when Mike joined us on Twitter in the listening party of the album. The demo is probably nothing like A Line In The Sand. It's possible that the demo was titled "Odyssey", if the THP working title board from March is anything to go by.

EDIT: Yeah.

[THUMB]http://www.lpassociation.com/upload/images/032514-121734_LinkinParkGATSBoard.jpg[/THUMB]

Last edited: Sep 26, 2014
    TobinKnowsBest

TobinKnowsBest 20.03.1976 - 20.07.2017 LPA VIP

Well obviously I gathered that much, somehow I don't think it would've fit on ATS :pbthh:

Atticus

Atticus Bullets lance the bravest lungs

Indeed the intro from ALITS is from ATS sessions but I think he said nothing more ever really came from the idea.

What I want from LPU14 based on what we know is out there:

The Little Things Give You Away - Complete version with Mike's vocals. We KNOW this exists as it's been heard in MTM album videos
    No Roads Left - Chester's take
    Blackout Demo - Featuring the LPTV demo vocals
    Skin To Bone - This began as a folk demo apparently and NEEDS to be heard
    Powerless - The complete 7-minute epic
    Bleed It Out - Mike has said it took literally hundreds of verses to find the right one. Let's hear a different take on the song.

Unfortunately what we'll get is a 10-track CD of Meteora/MTM instrumentals and loops... Although The Mall OST would be a great surprise

IronDust71

IronDust71 Well-Known Member

Kiq

Kiq We're a broken people living under loaded gun

So many ideas... I will be a happy person and at least one of them could be on LPU14 CD:

- Some Meteora Demo/B-Side with Lyrics [we know that they have it, at least "Take Away My Pride" or "Drag It Out", so why not?];
    - Some song/demo from "Hybrid Theory" era, such as Slip or So Far Away;
    - A heavy Minutes to Midnight demo [Chester said once that he screamed a lot recording it in 2006... maybe they have something like this]
    - A full [w/ vocals] ATS demo, as Primo [ATS seems as a very selective album, so we have a chance to get some cool songs from their sessions... and Primo, even that sounds as a demo, is more "full" than a lot of other demos that we already have]
    - Fuse with Chester vocals;
    - If exists, the "Start It All Up" version from LP [if Mike said that actually was to be a LP song, and they release "Universe", that is like a instrumental version of "Resurrection", so why not?]
    - The Little Things Give You Away or Final Masquerade w/ Mike vocals;
    - "21 Stitches", or even "Fire in the City" [Mike said it was good, and the rest of the band don't, so, I want to hear it :D]
    - No Roads Left w/ Chester vocals;
    - Blackout, When They Come for Me or The Catalyst demos;
    - 7 min version of Powerless;
    - Chester demo from "Until It Breaks";
    - And, if necessary, Mall OST.

Sorry for the long post ^^

polleo

polleo You're gonna carry that weight. LPA Super Member

I don't want to get hopes up and get them dashed later. I'm hoping for an album full of OSC live performances. I know they can't do worse than that. So, I'm not going to be disappointed, ha!

Bawa

Bawa Could wait to see tomorrow.

It's Official:
    Linkin Park Underground 14: One Step Closer; Around The World!

:kappa:

Wizardofozil

"21 Stitches", and "Fire in the City" both are given up demos

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2014
    Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

Pictureboard :kappa:

Gibs

Gibs The Prog Nerd Über Member

WIZARD SONG.

Quack

Quack Well-Known Member

What we need is a 2014 super remastered collectors edition compilation of all of the BURN IT DOWN remixes in one single LPU CD. That would be brilliant. Think about it, having all of the BURN IT DOWN remixes flowing seamlessly together as if they are each the mystical waves that make up a river of musical excellence.

Also, I want to hear Paul van Dyke's 2014 take on BURN IT DOWN. It's been far too long, and I feel like LP and PvD need to revisit that remix and see what they can do with it (remix the remix perhaps?)

limonpower

limonpower Well-Known Member

This
    I agree with everything else you said too.

ragsta

ragsta Well-Known Member

Don't you mean this?

[video=youtube;Hj7AjJCjDCU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hj7AjJCjDCU[/video]

Blackened

Blackened Blackened Symphony

Breaking The Habit live. :kappa: