I think I fixed ALITS...

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by limonpower, Sep 25, 2014.

Aden

Aden Well-Known Member

Funnily enough, when I first saw that you spliced in "an intense rap verse," that's the exact one I expected you to put it. It sounds okay, but I prefer the original. One of the best parts about the song IMO.

brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

Mike's role in this song isn't to be aggressive. That's Chester's role. Mike is supposed to have a more subtle tone. It's like if cops are playing bad cop-bad cop. It just doesn't work out.

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

This. Mike is the gentle kisses and foreplay from Jennifer Lawrence while Chester is the gagging deepthroat that you videotape and put on iCloud so you can be part of the Fappening.

brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

What the fuck dude? :lol:
    You're on the wrong forum

Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

MagmaXtreme

MagmaXtreme Well-Known Member

I think it's great you decided to modify your favourite LP song to fit your own taste. I personally would prefer the original rap verse as the lyrics are more meaningful and are more in theme with the rest of the song.

I like ALTIS, it's a really good song, but for me the chorus is a little lacking.

The lyrics don't have the same effect has Mike's parts because they're so simple and don't add much to the song. Not to mention it involves repeating the words "you're gonna pay for what you've...pay for what you've done" which is characteristic of a pop melody and I feel the band could have been more creative here, that's just my opinion.

I do advocate people taking the initiative to modify LP songs as they see fit, and I'm not talking about remixes. Did you know that Blackout had a demo verse which was on one of the LPTV episodes (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euZ1wZERdpQ)?

I have added that verse to the original song: https://app.box.com/s/lsbr42t3iviqb8x0l33g

Would appreciate any feedback on this :)

Last edited: Sep 28, 2014
    minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

But, outside of covers, that's exactly what remixes are. :)

MagmaXtreme

MagmaXtreme Well-Known Member

I meant edits specifically, rather than reinterpreting the whole song you modify it slightly, I don't see these necessarily as 'remixes' :p

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Fair enough. :)

Broman

Broman Well-Known Member

I'm sure the obvious response you'll hear is that the timing is off. Not sure if the tempo is faster/slower for the demo, but on top of that, you mixed the demo vocals too early into the track, by a good second I'd say.