The hate for All For Nothing??

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Danimar79, Oct 11, 2014.

Danimar79

Danimar79 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Why does everyone here seem to dislike this song, or even hate it?? It is actually my favorite song from the album. I like the guitar and the tone of it, not heavy but not soft either. I respect people's opinion, i just want to know what people dislike on this song.

Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

I like the song. And the instrumental is fun to sing over.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Nice generalising there. :rolleyes:

Gibs

Gibs The Prog Nerd Über Member

Because the song sounds like LP covering Hollywood Undead (a band I fucking despise). It also doesn't help that Chester's response vocals are absolutely horrible. It's LP going through the motions; I hate it.

Danimar79

Danimar79 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

*a lot of people

Danimar79

Danimar79 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I just listened to HU, didn't like it...... I do see where you would see similarities with HU and AFN but my opinion on the song doesnt change.

Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

Idk, it's just a shitty sounding song to me.

Atticus

Atticus Bullets lance the bravest lungs

Page Hamilton. That's why.

He was pointlessly shoehorned into the track because Chester thought Mike sounded like him when recording the chorus. Hamilton's vocals on a Linkin Park song suddenly made the entire thing feel like a dude-bro cheesy fist-bump rock song. Not only would Mike's vocals probably sound more appropriate overall, but Hamilton's presence relegated Chester to a lame, even cheesier backup vocalist in the chorus, who contributes just about as much substance as Jay-Z does when performing with Linkin Park, saying "un huh" and "yeah".

Mike's rap verses and the emotive guitar solo are the song's only saving graces in my books. And they just save it from being bad to mediocre.

minuteforce

Yeah, I can understand this comparison

To me, it wouldn't sound particularly different if Shinoda had sung that part. We'd perceive it differently as fans and that would be all :)

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

I never knew there was such hate other than "I've been hating more the time I wasn't hated for."

brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

[video=youtube;VoMILxQtQhE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VoMILxQtQhE[/video]

Well I like HU, and All For Nothing doesn't bother me as much as it does for other people. Except I also fucking hate Chester's vocals on the song.

Alexrednex

Alexrednex Well-Known Member

There is something weird about the mixing/production on the song. Hamilton's vocals feels way too polished and it takes away the rawness of the track. Even the instrumentation feels underwhelming compared to KTTK but I do really like the solo and the anthem feeling.

zazofazo

zazofazo Well-Known Member

While this song is very hated here , it's actually the most favorite song among youtube community (check the comments) and other websites

And i actually laugh my ass off everytime chester yells ''YOU SAY'' , it's actually an enjoyable song if you ignore the cheesy lyrics , that's all ..

ChazyChaz92

ChazyChaz92 Well-Known Member

Mh All For Nothing is my favourite song, together with FM.

Broman

Broman Well-Known Member

Pretty sure his vocals just sound "polished" because they are harmonizing with Mike's vocals.

Anyway, I dig AFN a lot. Funny enough, reminds me of Linkin Park's older days (HT+Meteora which I am not as much a fan of), but this is a standout to me. Very punk rock in your face type track. Mike's lyrics and delivery are definitely in your face which I love from him. The only thing that bothered me at first were the band's "you say" lines, seemed too redundant, but its grown on me and gives it more of a tough flare. Its pretty much the "fuck you" song of the album. :chuck:

Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

Some of you guys are really digging hard to find reasons to hate this song.

It's good.

Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

YOU SAY!

Seriously , i really like the song , but the "You Say" part just make me smile :lol:

Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

It's one of the worst choruses the band's ever written. It'd be by far the worst chorus on the album if Until It's Gone didn't exist. It's not really a product of the call-and-response vocals or Page Hamilton not sounding like himself due to his vocals being doubled with Mike's, it's more due to the chorus lyrics being bad and the melody being somewhat underwhelming. The rest of the song isn't bad at all.

minuteforce

See, I listen to the vox track and I don't hear Shinoda's voice in the lead melody at all ... previously, I'd thought that Shinoda and Hamilton both sang lead in the chorus and their voices were blended together but the acappella made me question that assumption

Shmoanator

Shmoanator Guest

It's my understanding that Mike is harmonizing with Page, with Hamilton singing the lead and Shinoda singing the lower part that is buried a bit in the mix.