You+Me (Dallas Green + Pink Collab Album)

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by Mark, Oct 19, 2014.

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

[​IMG]

Anybody listen to You+Me's Rose Ave yet? It's a unlikely collaboration album between the amazing talented Dallas Green (City and Colour, Alexisonfire) and Alecia Moore (Pink).

Dallas for years now has been just under the radar across most parts of the world. In Canada and Australia he's pretty huge and well-known, but he has yet to break through into the U.S. mainstream. Just last year he was playing huge music festivals in the U.S. like Coachella and Bonnaroo. I've been a huge fan of his for almost 10 years now. He's an amazing singer, songwriter, and guitarist whose solo project City and Colour is a collection of heartfelt acoustic songs. Throw in Pink's female vocals on top of Dallas', and this is an album I think everyone should give a shot, if you're into soft rock/folk.

Here's a few songs from the album (actually I'm going to post some live videos just to show how fantastic these guys are live):

[youtube]JZfRKFk-mfI[/youtube]
    [youtube]kUWQnfB0uE4[/youtube]
    [youtube]XejdcHDxNlc[/youtube]​

Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

Listening now

chris2

chris2 Smiling At Strangers On Trains LPA Super Member

Yep, it's awesome! As a huge Alexisonfire and City and Colour fan I knew what to expect from Dallas. Though I have to admit I never really listened to Pink before apart from some songs you constantly hear on the radio. The two voices compliment each other just perfectly.

The Joesen One

The Joesen One Fun-employed LPA Super Member

First heard them through this:

[video=youtube;XXCb6_x74ZU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXCb6_x74ZU[/video]

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Yeah. It's quite amazing

Alexrednex

Alexrednex Well-Known Member

It was nice little album. As a huge Dallas Green fan i was pleasantly surprised of how well their voices compliment each other.

Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

So, I enjoyed this cd a lot. Their voices are perfect together! I'm a huge City and Colour fan so when I heard about this, I was super stoked! I also used to listen to Pink back in Junior High so I don't mind Dallas working with her. I was honestly surprised how well their voices went together and I have to say this cd is probably in my top 5 for the year so far.

The Joesen One

The Joesen One Fun-employed LPA Super Member

I listened to the album in full today. It's amazing and beautiful. "Unbeliever" is my favorite so far.

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

Almost every day I have a new favourite from the album. Shows it's a great one!

That live performance of "Unbeliever" that I posted in the OP has a pretty funny moment where Alecia fucks up the lyrics.