Mike's rapping ability

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by MagmaXtreme, Oct 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

$$$ GETTIN' THAT HYBRID THEORY MONEY $$$

GraveDigger388

GraveDigger388 Nothing's gonna top my Jacky

NO!NEVER!If he does that,he would be collabbing with Nicki Minaj before we even know

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

Mike's rapping is not good. I prefer him singing at this point.

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

Hybrid Theory: The XV Anniversary - Classic debut album, pussified.

• Pussycut
    • One Pussy Closer
    • With Pussy
    • Pussy of Authority
    • Pussying
    • Pussyway
    • Pussy Myself
    • In Tha Pussy
    • A Place For Your Pussy
    • Forpussy
    • Pussy For The Itch
    • Pussing Me Away

[video=youtube;0jLh68PEm34]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jLh68PEm34[/video]

GraveDigger388

GraveDigger388 Nothing's gonna top my Jacky

That's exactly what I meant...

Atticus

Atticus Bullets lance the bravest lungs

While I don't believe Mike's rapping is terrible like so many others, I do consider it to be the weakest element on The Hunting Party by far. If Keys To The Kingdom and A Line In The Sand removed those rap verses in favour of another bone-chilling singing verse they would be even more godly. (However that's me nitpicking nearly perfect songs as is).

TheZlajaZlo

TheZlajaZlo Closing LPA Super Member

I would think that was a joke too if Mike proved me wrong with his words and flow after Hybrid Theory...

Bawa

Bawa Could wait to see tomorrow.

Damnit Filip. In one post you managed to get my breakfast all over my keyboard.

Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

Maybe Mike isnt The greatest rapper on THP, but atleast he is a five star general. :kappa:

Bawa

Bawa Could wait to see tomorrow.

Which is pretty impressive, considering his half-white, half-fried-breadcrumb heritage. :kappa:

Apop

Apop LPA VIP LPA VIP

Mike needs a new Fort Minor album / EP soon to respond to the criticisms. I'd love to see another FM project to give Mike the opportunity to put out some skilled verses. People seem to be attacking him on a few different levels: lyrics, flow, and attitude (which seems to be the biggest culprit). Who knows if Mike will ever go back to talking about krylon colors and being the microphone molest-ah, but I think he hears the talk. Now I just hope he responds...

Ben

Ben Well-Known Member

I love hearing Mike rap, and I really can't think of a rap of his I don't like on any studio album.

However...I will say that I acknowledge that pretty much every rap on Living Things and The Hunting Party...and maybe even A Thousand Suns, revolve around the same thing. "I'm a badass. Fuck y'all. You don't even know me."

Yes Mike, I get it. It's fun to listen to. But, I get it.

I'd be lying if I said I didn't wish he'd experiment a little more in the future.

Reed To Black

Reed To Black Prog, bro.

Well... Dude kills it live

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

I think that he does enough rapping on Linkin Park albums nowadays. I want to hear some slick electronic/hip-hop beats with other vocalists on them, as on "The Raid: Redemption". :)

Manu

Manu Seeking tenderness with a dagger

He needs to stop with the war/soldiers references. They seem to be all he raps about nowadays.

They already got old two albums ago.

Evan

Evan Well-Known Member

I agree with most of this but I can't overstate how much I love the first verse on Wastelands (had it memorized for months now) for its great lyrics and rhythm, and the second verse of AFN for its fucking-shit-in my-pants-amazeballs flow. I think High Voltage is much better lyrically and creatively than 99% of the songs on their studio albums, and Essaul and the Faint Demo from LPU 9 were much better than their final versions. Blue is solid lyrically and has a killer flow as well. But really, And One? Mike literally raps 2 lines and repeats them over and over, and although they're pretty well-written, you can't call a 2-line rap good no matter how you slice it. So in conclusion, Mike 's new raps are good, but they're about as fresh as his hairstyle nowadays. :p

Last edited: Oct 21, 2014
    Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

I can't even listen to The Rising Tied anymore unless it's the instrumental version of the release. Lyrically he does not do well on that album. But the production is on fucking point.

Apop

Apop LPA VIP LPA VIP

Agreed about the production, Mike knows his way around Pro Tools for sure. I love his work with Lupe Fiasco on "The Instrumental," and I await the day for Shinoda to produce more hip-hop tracks.

I can also agree that The Rising Tied is mediocre in terms of lyrics. I was using Mike's need for a new FM album as a more clear outlet to release a project devoted to hip-hop. Sure, Mike raps plenty on LP songs, but it's within the context of LP's ultimate goal of the song / album (albeit, Mike is responsible for establishing this, anyway). I just think on a fresh FM project, we would really get to see how Mike has *hopefully* grown as a lyricist and a producer because he can set his attention on those areas. The one quality that's pretty commonly known about Mike is that he gets obsessive about things like this, and when he does, he puts all his attention on them. Maybe Mike will get heavily emerged in highly skilled lyrical verses with intricate flows. Or maybe not.

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

Wirh what he has been listening to lately and what his attitude towards music has been lately, I doubt we're gonna be getting a Fort Minor album in the near future. Or just future.

TobinKnowsBest

TobinKnowsBest 20.03.1976 - 20.07.2017 LPA VIP

There is a whole verse 'hidden' at the end of the song. Listen from about 3:25

[video=youtube;NonOrRzw16k]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NonOrRzw16k[/video]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.