The hate for All For Nothing??

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Danimar79, Oct 11, 2014.

Gibs

Gibs The Prog Nerd Über Member

[​IMG]

Vic

Vic No game no life

It was a "meh..." song for me at the start, but now I really like it. Very catchy but yeah, the chorus is still the worst part for me.

Xero-G

Xero-G Reborn LP Fan, and plan to stay that way.

Hey y'all, it's been a very long time since I posted on the forums. I just wanted to stop in and say that I really enjoy All For Nothing, especially with the addition of Page Hamilton. One thing I think everybody can agree with is that his inclusion was out of left field. I think it was actually creative of LP to mix it up this time and have several guests/contributions that were quite unexpected. Most of the criticisms that people here have addressed are the reasons why I like the song so much (Page's voice, Mike's verses, Chester's response vocals, and yes, the chorus as well). In other words, AFN is a song I almost never skip due to its nth degree of badassitude.

BTorio

BTorio Well-Known Member

I really hated the gang vocal yells the first time I heard it, but I've grown to be okay with them. The guitar solo is one of my favorites on the album. I wish it was Mike in the chorus just so that it would feel more LP, and because Paige Hamilton has a really generic sounding voice imo (Mike's isn't that special either, I just feel like I've heard hundreds of rock songs that sound like the chorus of AFN). I don't mind the fact that Mike's raps are just about how good of a rapper he is since the delivery is amazing, it's something I can always get into. I wish the track didn't have the ending interlude attached to it, though.

Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

The people who hate it probably just have bad taste xo. Best song on the album.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

This is the answer right here, guys. Turns out that you all have bad taste!

/s

Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

Hah , i like the song so i have a good taste :kappa:

polleo

polleo You're gonna carry that weight. LPA Super Member

Really? I think it sounds beautiful and dark and wished they made more stuff like that. It adds to the depth of the album for me.

Gibs

I know right? Stupid haters! All #TrueFans will love it, 'cause we stand by LP no matter what!!!!!1

kappa x1000

Last edited: Oct 28, 2014
    Zak

Zak HEY, EVERYONE! GET IN HERE!

I had no idea I had bad taste.

Decay

Decay Well-Known Member

Teach me your ways, oh great master of naivety!

leftshoe18

leftshoe18 Well-Known Member

My god it sounds better than the regular version.

Blackee Dammet

Blackee Dammet Feminism Is My God Now

Jesus what kind of music do you normally like? That was just a bunch of noises flung onto a higher pitched version of the original.

Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

I just don't find the song appealing and I really dislike the chorus. It literally makes me roll my eyes, not figuratively. Literally.

Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

It got old

Evan

Evan Well-Known Member

I love All For Nothing, but more for Mike's beastly raps than anything. I almost crashed my car rocking out to his second verse lol. And I honestly don't have a problem with his lyrics, I actually thought the soldier/general stuff was pretty creative. The chorus could've been a little better; Chester's presence is a little too underwhelming and it's just one of those songs that sounds like like the chorus vocals should've evolved a bit from the first chorus to the second (maybe ch1: "you're gonna get what you deserve" ch2: "I'm gonna get what I deserve" - nothing major, but it would've made a big difference for me) IMO. BTW as a Hollywood Undead fanatic this sounds nothing like HU except MAYBE Hear Me Now (which was posted) and We Are. But yeah, Gibs: if you're already vehemently biased against HU, why rate their music? That's like a white supremacist going to an MLK speech. ;)

Delicious Dave

Delicious Dave I'm gonna drive you into your own anus.

My remix is a lot better than the original song.

[video=youtube;7L1QBuxlM9M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7L1QBuxlM9M&list=UUR5m3csc_p3qFSnhGSzPcYw[/video]

Gibs

Because I can. RTSA isn't just for rating songs highly. People aren't always gonna like the music you will. I can be vocal about it if I want to.

Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

^ Yup, it's basically saying that if you have nothing nice to say to not say it at all, which I really disagree with. Negative opinions hold just as much weight as positive ones and should not be censored to protect the minds of those not mature enough to handle situations which they may disagree with.

Saying a song is bad is just as valid as saying it is great and rating a song poorly in a thread specifically designed in order for members to well, rate songs to be expected.

lime treacle

lime treacle You are not alone Über Member

Hah. Well said.