Do you think Linkin Park will carry on self producing records?

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by DanLinkinP, Oct 31, 2014.

DanLinkinP

DanLinkinP Active Member

I'd just like to start this discussion, because I don't think it has been talked about, either that or I'm blind, haha.
    Can you see the band producing their own record again? I kinda like it, because I feel it gives them the freedom to do what they want, but that's my opinion.

Also, I know this has been talked about but, seriously, What are they gonna give us musically with LP7? :)

Seanlp608

Seanlp608 Well-Known Member

For me, I hope they go back to working with Rick Rubin. Of course, that's probably because I wasn't a huge fan of The Hunting Party. That being said, I feel like they've always been mostly self-produced, and I think they've stated that the purpose that Rubin served as a producer was more for a 6th opinion rather than controlling their sound.

I'm down for whatever they choose to do stylistically for LP7, as long as it's mature. I really want them to utilize their years of experience in order to make something sophisticated, if that makes sense.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

A lot of us here on LPA have been wanting the band to produce an album themselves for a long time now, especially after "Living Things". I'm quite happy with "The Hunting Party", in terms of it being a self-produced effort, and I'd like to see them do more things without an outside producer at the helm :)

lime treacle

lime treacle You are not alone Über Member

Yeah, why not.

God, I hope the next album is weird.

DanLinkinP

DanLinkinP Active Member

Yeah, I like Rick, he's good at what he does, and he has a lot of experience, working with many bands, and that knowledge could help LP. Oh I adore The Hunting Party, To me, it shows what they can do with just guitars, drums and vocals, but I can't see them taking this approach again now to be honest, it's LP, they always change. However, I would love to see them work with Rick again.

So am I :) i want them to continue the heavy, punk thing that's going on at the moment, I really would love that but I'll love anything that they come up with. Yeah I agree, maybe if they took a bit more time with making the next record, instead of just 18 months, I want something like ATS, not so much musically but just with a great story and meaning. Also would you want LP to do an album with like 16 tracks on? I was talking about this today with somebody, I said, well why can't they, is it Warner? I think LP have the creativity and time to do that.

Edit: This was in reply to seanlp608, I forgot to quote him, sorry

Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

^ This.

Think at this point I don't really see Linkin Park working with a producer. It would actually surprise me a bit to see if they got one for the next record (especially if it weren't Rubin).

How about Don Gilmore? :kappa:

DanLinkinP

DanLinkinP Active Member

Yeah I kind of agree :) y'know I'm kinda torn, I would like to see another producer work with them, and I wouldn't mind the band doing it by themselves again.

Robert: I hope so too :shinado: I want more tracks like Mark The Graves.

Andreina: Hmm, They do seem confident without one, I must admit. About Don Gilmore, did he do the mixing for THP or was it somebody else? And, I think THP could have been mixed better, or I don't know if it was because it was recorded on tape, it's just a bit too muddy, but I still love it and I know what they were trying to achieve. But yeah, I'd welcome him to produce again, I'm happy with anything :)

Gibs

Gibs The Prog Nerd Über Member

Meh, idk. I don't want it "weird" just for the sake of being different. If the music justifies it, sure. But it being flat-out "weird" seems gimicky to me.

Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

I think they'll go back eventually. Just for the sake of getting a new sound. May not be the next album or the album after, but sooner or later they'll go back.

Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

Seriously , i really cant imagine how the future work of LP will be, because... well we know the story after Meteora ( oh Meteora :kappa: ) .
    I also cant imagine how long they will do it , lets be honest, i doubt that CHester could do songs like Given Up in his 60s.

If i could give a wish of the next album. Iridescents, one Iridescent (from the feeling) and maybe more "rock" . Also Brad should do something like he do lnow on WID, i really like this.

limonpower

limonpower Well-Known Member

I hope that they get with Rick Rubin, but put their opinions ahead of his. That way they can do what they want, but also get some advice from an outside source.

DanLinkinP

DanLinkinP Active Member

Sorry guys, I totally forgot about this discussion.

Weird is good :p

Pidgeon: yeah I think that to be honest, but they could do anything, absolutely, and we'll all be saying, "I would never of expected that" haha

That's all true Michele, Hey.. It'd be amazing if he could right? Yeah, I love Iridescent! A more rock/heavy Iridescent, who knows? They'll surprise us :)

limonpower: yeah I can actually see them doing this, Mike always has great ideas, better than Rick, but everyone needs a bit of advice from time to time.

Mr. Awesome

Mr. Awesome Well-Known Member

I think it depends on what direction they wanna take after THP. If there are things they can handle, they'll go for it. If some parts are too hard for them to do, then they could hire a producer to help them expand their musicianship.

Broman

Broman Well-Known Member

I personally wouldn't mind them getting Rick's input again. He isn't exactly creating the beats, he's just pushing the band in to farther places which is always nice for long term LP fans. Rick's presence doesn't mean its not LP's music, just a lending ear, and a darn good one at that.

t_thorngate

t_thorngate Member

I wouldn't mind seeing them work with Flood at some point..

Cities

Cities Paranoid Android

Yeah, I think they could carry about this but I also think they should think more about the next direction and take more than two years to compose songs and produce their next album.

Apop

Apop LPA VIP LPA VIP

kanye-west.jpg

Mr. Awesome

Mr. Awesome Well-Known Member

I'd love to see this happen in the future, he sounds like a good fit to work with LP.