November 14, 2014 - Vienna, Austria.

Discussion in 'News' started by Kevin, Nov 14, 2014.

Kevin

Kevin A Pattern To Be Followed. LPA Administrator

Linkin Park returns to Austria! This performance makes it the ninth time the band plays in the country, but only the third time they play in Vienna. Previous performances was twice in 2001, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 and finally 2012. A good example of the quick success the band had was that the first performance in 2001 the band was a opening act, but when they came back just a few months later they were now the headliner. In 2008, the first performance of Points of Authority with Petrified over the intro and There They Go over the outro was ever performed, and they repeated this with their 2009 performance. Because this is one of my favourite live remixes/mashups, I will include two videos of the song, because over the year that passed between the performances the band kept changing the remix up. Have a look for yourself here below.

[video=youtube;Mw4jpJk_5Lk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mw4jpJk_5Lk[/video]
    2008 (if anyone can find a better full version of this, please link it in the comments.)

[video=youtube;arxgWfCYD1Q]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arxgWfCYD1Q[/video]

Last night the band played in Munich. There they again played a regular set of Set B. The band really is pushing it this tour, playing 3 shows in these last three days, that's quite admirable for such a high profile band. And they will do it again, from the 22nd to the 24th in England. As of where we are right now in the tour, it doesn't look like we will get any surprises... but what would a surprise be if we knew it was coming? We'll just have to wait and see what happens at the rest of the tour. Check out this clip featurning Numb and Waiting For The End from the show here below.

[video=youtube;3mk2EKDoA8Q]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mk2EKDoA8Q[/video]
    Why turn off the camera at the mention of The Hunting Party? Booo!

After tonight, the band heads to France to play in Paris on the 16th, then they head back to Germany to play the third to last Germany date in Frankfurt on the 17th.

Are you going to the show tonight? Do you think we will get any surprises on the remaining dates on this tour? Come and discuss in our forums.

European Tour Schedule

Nov. 14 - Vienna, Austria @ Stadthalle |
    Nov. 16 - Paris, France @ Bercy |
    Nov. 17 - Frankfurt, Germany @ Festhalle |
    Nov. 19 - Berlin, Germany @ O2 World |
    Nov. 20 - Bremen, Germany @ OVB Arena |
    Nov. 22 - Manchester, UK @ Phones 4 U Arena |
    Nov. 23 - London, UK @ The O2 Arena |
    Nov. 24 - London, UK @ The O2 Arena |

SETLIST:

01. Mashup Intro #2 (Session / Catalyst / Requiem / Guilty All The Same Intro)
    02. Guilty All The Same
    03. Given Up
    04. Points Of Authority
    05. One Step Closer (Extended Outro)
    06. Blackout [Shortened]
    07. Papercut [Shortened]
    08. Rebellion
    09. Runaway [Shortened] (Wastelands transition)
    10. Wastelands
    11. Castle of Glass (Experience Version; Piano Transition Outro; w/ Oppenheimer Speech)
    12. Leave Out All The Rest/Shadow Of The Day/Iridescent (Ballad Medley)
    13. Robot Boy [Shortened] (Instrumental)
    14. Joe Solo Medley (Wretches And Kings, Victimized Remix, Buy Myself, Cure For The Itch, Session, Plc.4 Mie Hæd)
    15. Burn It Down
    16. Waiting For The End (Apaches Intro w/ 'Until It Breaks' Verse 2; Wall Of Noise Outro)
    17. Final Masquerade
    18. Mike Solo Medley (Wretches And Kings, Remember The Name hybrid verse)
    19. Numb (Numb/Encore Outro)
    20. In The End
    21. Faint (Feat. Austin Carlile, Ext. Outro)
    --------------------------------
    22. Lost In The Echo [Shortened] (No Second Verse, Second Chorus, or Bridge)
    23. New Divide [Shortened] (No Second Verse and Second Chorus; Transition Outro)
    24. Crawling [Shortened] (No Second Verse and Second Chorus; w/ Faster Tempo)
    25. Until It's Gone [Shortened] (Ext. Intro w/ With You Verse 1 Rap)
    26. What I've Done (Short Ticking Intro; Ext. Guitar Solo Bridge)
    27. Bleed It Out (Bridge w/ Drum Solo, + The Catalyst Refrain; Ext. Ending)

polleo

polleo You're gonna carry that weight. LPA Super Member

Mike wrote DEDICATED about YOU, Kevin.

Wizardofozil

Wizardofozil Well-Known Member

I'am still waiting for I've be gone to be played live

TheZlajaZlo

TheZlajaZlo Closing LPA Super Member

I just got back from the show, and it was amazing!
    We also got meet & greet and the guys were totally cool. They were very pleasant and talked to everybody.
    The show was the regular setlist that they play, but they played Points of Authority instead of With You.
    The biggest hits had the best response from the audience...of course.

and btw, I told everybody in the band that LPA says hello. :)

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

You did good, Z.

polleo

Awesome :)

Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

Aka Hybrid Theory and Meteora :kappa:
    You SIr, you are awesome :)

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

So Chester... kinda knows about me... I guess...

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Yes. The band have finally been informed about the existence of Linkin Park Association.

All of our collective hard work has paid off :awesome:

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

:lol: That's not what I meant. I told Zlaja to say hi to Chester from me.

TheZlajaZlo

Thanx ya'll

Yes, but also What I've Done, Bleed It Out and Burn It Down.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

"Austria, eh? Well lets put another shrimp on the barbie!" :lloyd:

GraveDigger388

GraveDigger388 Nothing's gonna top my Jacky

Who said that?

DJIntensity

DJIntensity Well-Known Member

So anyone hear the LPUXIV 2002 demo that got played at the Meet & Greet?

NikoLpSoldier

NikoLpSoldier Daimonas

Actually they only played faint and Numb/Encore (which isn't even off meteora)
    So.. Only one meteora song.
    And they played the first verse of with you, for the guy that said that they didn't play it

TheZlajaZlo

^ I don't recall hearing any music during m&g...

Sick reference, bro.

PeterG

PeterG 2007 Prague, 2014 Vienna LIVE

Hi there everbody!

So after some 40hrs past the Vienna's show I have recharged myself enough to be able to contribute to this nice site, which I have found just yesterday! My big thanks and respect :))
    Whoa, I had only a short slept after coming back home in the night (neigh country), did what I had to during daylight time and in the evening got some 2 hours time surveying around for fresh content (especially youtube) from other fellows who were there and some stuff that I use of the opportunity to ask for at the end here..

It was my 2nd live session with them right after 7 years (my lucky number, huh :)) and same magical and overwhelming alike! In the end, luckily.. :-D Because of these few facts..
    - my calendar remark poped up right one week prior to show, although I set it 1/2year ago.. a small underestimate :)
    - I spent 2-3 days getting people to join the show, ended up with my internet-friend I never saw before.. what in the end - again :-DD, turned out as the best choice
    - having the partner, then I got shocked on Tue evening by learning that show was sold-out per ticket seller's database - OMG! 8-ooooo
    - still out of panic, I checked the venue's website - really bad, only the last few seats behind the scene?!? All other done, WTF.. Anyway, I discovered a single great site for ticket trading, viagogo.(just to share, whoever may think I'm a prehistoric learnig of that site now, I dont care :). But I held on...
    - as I'm attentive one, what I noticed on Tue yet.. completely paid off on Wed morning !! I visited the venue's page again - a just 2 seat tickets were glowing there, waiting for me to grasp them and never let. So I did what I had to and saved it all! :) Lucky me, lucky us! On Fri, the viagogo pages went 4 to 1 with offers, so we avoided the risk of buying outside. I like to have things safe in advance, this was rather hot moment but glad again again to have made it.. :) A life's job - to surprise when it must.

So, LP-Day 14.11. was born and having the seat tickets we were in doubt what sort of people would be around us, as we did not want to sit at all.. and that doubt came true.
    Although some LP-like, or better said even EMO-like people were nearby among the pack of moms and sons (possibly of my age too :), they seemed to get nailed to seats for at least half of the show. OMG! We could not wait more than intro song and right away moved to stairs to enjoy the show in move as much as we could. It was not that massacre like down on the ground once in Prague 2007 or half of it now (heh, being on upper deck has the bonus of viewing over the arena, at least), but despite some silly annoying 4 steward checks so that even locals were surprised at it :) -- we enjoyed it all to the fullest on that small place singin', jumpin', shakin' and shoutin' at the top of our voices, YEAH! :headbang:

The gyus were bloody amazing, Chester at its best, walking into GC crowd too... In half of main play-set could be heard losing a bit on his voice, ooh, but later on got back at it surprisingly or just due to my ears hit by that sound storm (I'm not the younger anymore, heh)... and while the main playset was excellent, coming back on encore they fired off like 6-8 legacy songs or mixes yet to END IT IN A MIND-BLOWING WAY !! Right at that moment I was envious of the GC people, but managed to stay "cool". Truly, that place is for new community generation, which refreshes at a constant rate and it's great to know this happens every year.

Loading of arena, some 15min before start :
    DSC_0314.jpg

DSC_0315.jpg

Beauty of seating... (they) meant to go cinema or experience LP ?!? OMG.. :)
    DSC_0320.jpg

One of those many FX moments
    DSC_0327.jpg

Goodbye part, me and my event matey -)
    DSC_0353.jpg

Never ever seat-sector like I never had with any concert so far, cause I simply can't. We are true living ones, not things, so let's enjoy the paaaarty eeeevery time weee cannn! :)

Just sing aloooooong :-DDDD

God bless us everyone
    all us people loving Linkin Park
    and we can't be outfought
    we can't be outdone
    we can't be outmatched
    we can't be outrun
    NO!

That's our moment of life we share with you, and let the LP force be with you as much as you need and desire !! :rolleyes:

Show must go on, now let frog-eaters have their party tonight :)

PS1:
    This one GC guy I have found on utube, did an amazing job, we all may kiss his head and hands for his valuable share... being right at the stage and bringing this to my, to all our eyes, why do we are so keen on Linkin Park.. so f*** imminent, so true! http://youtu.be/geMTfHRsOYA Download all this right upon having watched it! 8-ooooo. Shit, can't believe how Chez is that energized all the time... he's 1 month older than me, I can lead the show among friends for most of time, but seeing this all.. "I'm at least 2 levels below (if not 10 :-D)".. It's crazy, he's a God-sent guy, talented so much.
    PS2:
    Now after experiencing this or first live exp, or remembering seeing DVD live stuff like Texas, recent actions around the world - these kind of arena shows are still not the very very best what LP LIVE can offer and achieve.. Kill me, I have one special thing in mind and will open it in different topic to get your opinion on it. As I'm not LPU member, can't say if LP has attempted it or not...
    PS3: All that blasting sound...my mobile mic got completely knocked :)

Last edited: Nov 16, 2014
    polleo

Seems like you had a great time. Cool! :)

Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

LET THE LP FORCE BE WITH YOU TOO!

PeterG

PeterG 2007 Prague, 2014 Vienna LIVE

Hi mates,
    thanks, enjoy your our own as soon as you can, too :) finished editing, add some photos and excellent link to one GC guy's video that you should follow and explore other!

Bye ;-)