LPU XIV Launches! New Packages + Tracklist Revealed

Discussion in 'News' started by Kevin, Nov 21, 2014.

LPFreakification

LPFreakification Well-Known Member

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

And I'll copy paste it so people don't have to go to a tumblr page that forces your cursor to become the LP logo.

mshinoda20

mshinoda20 Member

So...my prediction came true...sadly. more "instrumental"...again :(
    Mike, how could you accept to put this version of BTH haha. At least the chorus in mute like the faint demo :shinado:
    "Berlin One" the unique song that I will put in my iphone :/
    Hope to listen great remixes in Soundcloud with these instrumentals.

BTW, the art is awesome...happily

TEGCRocco

TEGCRocco The LPL Invader

It is absolutely NOT the exact same. It's kind of similar, but there are enough differences to show that they're not the same.

tfae

tfae The Graves Marker

I actually like this BTH demo. The melody on the chorus is slightly different but cool!
    It is also obvious Mike was not trying to make his vocals the final ones, but trying to adjust the melody and lyrics to the instrumental, imagining how Chester could sing it. I really love that we can actually listen to this.

unity7985

unity7985 Well-Known Member

So no meteora piano track or grecian. Goddamn it!

Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

Haven't listened to it properly but so far.. #Visceral.

Surprising though since many demos are Pre-ATS.

unity7985

unity7985 Well-Known Member

wow im pretty blown away by these pre ats demos. I wish they took that path! It seemed like a really solid mix of there old sound with the more cinematic new style. Makes me wonder what made them ditch the guitars completely on ats and lt as they were so prominent in these demos. Malathion is freakin wicked! I really love how the tone of the guitar is so oldschool but obviously the riffs are more varied. But damn malathion really sounds like something from meteora era. Thats it, this is the best lpu in a while even thought it doesnt have the demos i hoped for. Anyone else like some of these riffs better than the stuff that made THP? I wish they just kept it rockin the whole disc tho and left out berlin and heartburn. Do people actually like stuff like heartburn? davesbeat? Shame those are taking the spots of possible good demos.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2014
    Vic

Vic No game no life

Yeah I mean not all the song but Brad crearly took some parts of it and put them in the live version of POA.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Honestly, there's a few Meteora demos I'm still curious about. The "I can't take no more, I can't stand the fakeness" version of Figure.09, the "thoughts that take away my pride" demo, the song that has "just drag it out, remember.." plus of course Nocturnal and the original reggae guitar version of Don't Stay. Pretty much half to 75% of the demos we heard during the 'making of' Meteora, still haven't seen the light of day.

Those are all ones I'd really like to hear.

Captain-EO

Captain-EO Also Prog Nerd Now, Thanks Gibs LPA Super Member

Maybe they're all fake, and it's just a conspiracy to keep us anticipating them on the LPU releases.

Davidwilkinson86

Davidwilkinson86 Member

The time length is actually 29:48, if you calculate it right. Just wanted to be sure of it, no pun intended. :)

Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Because every time a guitarist uses similar chords in one song to something they used in another song at some point, they're absolutely consciously doing it on purpose without even having to ask them about it to know for sure. The fact that there are only 12 musical notes that exist and that you can only combine them so many ways, particularly when you're only playing root-fifth powerchord intervals, is totally irrelevant. As is the fact that the POA outro riff and the Malathion riff have very little in common except for the repeated turnaround at the very end. As is the fact that Linkin Park was in Berlin, where the song was recorded, at the END of June 2008 while the POA riff outro debuted at the BEGINNING of June, yet he continued playing the POA outro riff the same way for another full year after Malathion was recorded.

Yep, Malathion is "clearly" the source of the POA outro riff, despite the fact that the POA outro riff was being played live a month before Malathion was recorded, and the fact that Brad continued playing the "outdated" POA outro riff the same way he did before the recording of Malathion for over a full year after the recording of Malathion! You sure showed me! :rolleyes:

The "Just drag it out, remember" vocal line was meant for A-Six/A.06, Brad confirmed that in an LPU chat way back in 2003. They probably never finished vocals for it and/or took the vocals out of the version released on LPU 9. A lot of the "instrumental" demos we've gotten over the past 6 years probably had SOME degree of vocal work done at some point (particularly the ones from the Rick Rubin era), they just didn't include them in the released versions of those songs. The LPU 9 acetate demos show that they're more than willing to edit demo tracks before they release them, even if they're years old (Across the Line, Sad, and Faint were all edited prior to the LPU 9 release).

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 22, 2014
    Vic

Vic No game no life

Well sorry, it was "clearly" my mistake :) I was just speculating because it sounded familiar.

A Wretched King

A Wretched King Foreword

Why are there 8 covers? Idk which one is the coolest they all rule

Knt.Slbs

Knt.Slbs Well-Known Member

Those were not covers, those were stickers. :)

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Dude you could've probably corrected the guy, without coming off like an arrogant dick. I mean was the blatant sarcasm and attitude really necessary to get your point across? Did it somehow make the information even more factual than it already was, when you presented it in the way that you did? I mean really. Do you HAVE to act like this when you reply to people? Not everybody is going to have such an obsessive knowledge of Linkin Park demos/live performances as you do, and you should realize that.

Don't get me wrong. I appreciate your knowledge, and the fact that you can usually be trusted to answer questions about demos/live performances etc but you don't have to act like such an ass doing it sometimes. I consider you as a friend, but the attitude you present in replies sometimes is really uncalled for.

Andreina

I believe the "lack" of demos with vocals has something to do with the way Linkin Park changed their writing process. During HT and M they used to write full demo songs, and as Rick Rubin came, and the "seed" approach took over, now demos have little chance of fully developing unless they show the real potential that makes them ultimately end up in albums.

We have had vocal/full songs past the MTM era for sure, however I don't think we'll come across to that type of material often. So the increasing amount of instrumental demos can only be logical in my opinion. I think the most we can "ask" as LP fans aren't precisely "demos with vocals" but more like "b-sides", which would be completed songs that didn't make it to the album (if there's any other at this point).

If they ran over of these, I would gladly suggest a third run of the HT EP as LPU cd :rolleyes: (second one being the reissue that was released on the shop), what better opportunity than the 15th year of the community? :lol: (one can dream :()

tfae

tfae The Graves Marker

No. Just no.
    HT EP or LPU1 are great precisely for being rare. A reissue would just kill its epicness.

20. Andreina

But it was reissued once.