LPU XIV Launches! New Packages + Tracklist Revealed

Discussion in 'News' started by Kevin, Nov 21, 2014.

1. Knt.Slbs

Knt.Slbs Well-Known Member

Malathion+Tritonus & Blanka could totally fit in The Hunting Party, I wonder why the band didn't re-worked that two though they were from 2008 but the sound were somehow THP-esque in terms of vibe.. Just replace All for Nothing & Wastelands then you have an EPIC album from LINKIN PARK. :)

2. tfae

tfae The Graves Marker

And still it's quite rare. Lets keep it that way…

3. Evan

Evan Well-Known Member

I will never understand the hate for these songs. Wastelands in particular is a killer live song and will stir up some huge mosh pits when more people get to know it.

OT: Pretty disappointed with this LPU, and that's coming from someone who loved the last 2 (and yes, the 2 before that). No real lyric tracks, and all the instrumentals are heavy. I wanted more songs like Program, Soundtrack, etc. if all we're getting is instrumentals now.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2014
  4. Knt.Slbs

Wastelands is a good track, mate. the only problem with Wastelands is Chester's vocal delivery (especially on the chorus). Yeah, It's a killer LIVE track.

5. Evan

Evan Well-Known Member

What don't you like about his delivery on Wastelands? I think Chester sounds like shit on ALITS and MTG, but on Wastelands I feel like his voice sounds raw without sounding weak like in the other songs. So, how do you wish he sounded on Wastelands? I'm curious to know.

6. cradle

cradle Foreword LPA VIP

yo-dawg-i-heard-you-like-counting-to-potato.jpg

7. Knt.Slbs

Yeah, Maybe put some variations in the chorus (it's just sound monotonous for me) I like Mike's verses and the bridge is great. Hey, it's just my honest opinion, mate.. :)

8. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Weird hearing Linkin Park like this. This is is practically a totally different album from THP/LT/ATS. I hearing these songs with vocals would've definitely elicited a few WTFs among the fanbase.

Liking it though! Makes me wonder what LP7 will sound like.

*EDIT* IT GOES BIDDY BIDDY BIDDY...

9. Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

Think the band unearthed these demos to keep the #visceral theme going this year with THP. No idea those heavy demos could've been written before ATS, Malathion is really good and probably my favorite of this year.

10. Xero-G

Xero-G Reborn LP Fan, and plan to stay that way.

I've just about listened to this LPU all the way through twice now, and I have to say, it really rocks! I especially love all the distorted beats, samples, and of course, the GUITARZ!!!

I even like Mike's BTH demo despite knowing ahead of time it was going to be quite raw and rough-sounding. I honestly think Mike's voice doesn't sound THAT bad, it's just unnatural for us to hear him singing such a Chester-specific song. I will admit that Chester does significantly better in the verses and chorus than Mike but that's mainly due to him having a much more dynamic vocal range. If Mike had been able to match Chester's range, I think this version of the song would have sounded considerably better.

As for Dave Sbeat feat. Joe, wow, just wow. That really should have been on LPU 8. Period.

11. BTorio

BTorio Well-Known Member

Chester himself did say that most of his stuff on THP is just "yelling on key". I agree he sounds pretty weak on ALITS, and Wastelands probably sounds better because of the vocoder in the background.

I wonder if they released these demos just to go with THP theme, or moreso because now that they've made THP, they can release the heavy stuff that they've been keeping a secret all this time (and they don't feel like they'll ever revisit).

12. One More Rob

One More Rob Well-Known Member

are there "descriptions" again? I remember the previous few LPU CDs had it.

13. Bawa

Bawa Could wait to see tomorrow.

Same problem I have with his ALITS and MTG performance I have on his Wastelands performance. It all sounds airy, empty, hollow and distant...

To keep on track with everyone else here:
    HOLY SHIT MALATHION
    Not only is this track "heavier" than anything on THP, but it's mixed a thousand times better, and that says something... I can't say I would have preferred to hear a "Heavy" album from Linkin Park in place of ATS, but this is insanely cool. Malathion+Tritonus, Blanka, Aubrey and Froctagon, man... Imagine what this album could have been

Last edited: Nov 23, 2014
  14. polleo

polleo You're gonna carry that weight. LPA Super Member

Wow, I loved Chester's MTG performance. It sounded different than him on other tracks which was just regular Chester vocals :shrug: .I mean, dude has a great voice but isn't used to full potential in LP if that makes sense. MTG is one of few LP songs where Chester's singing (NOT SCREAMING) is itself hard for me sing along to. For eg. FM is pretty easy to sing along to.

15. Bawa

Bawa Could wait to see tomorrow.

Really? In the chorus, t's kind of just a long drawn out single note yell... Honestly, the contribution in the vocals is passible.

16. Ankur Gautam

Ankur Gautam Active Member

I think we might get a song named Berlin in the near future

17. One More Rob

One More Rob Well-Known Member

I got bored and decided to Google what Malathion and Tritonus mean. Malathion is a insecticide and Tritonus in addition to meaning tritone (as in the musical term) is also a studio in berlin, where the ATS sessions partially took place.

18. Andreina

Lol good ol' LP.

I really wish LP had not released that song and reworked it, damn.

19. Evan

Evan Well-Known Member

Thing is, they really still could rework it for a future album; I've wanted them to do that with a lot of their demos in the past. Then they could play them live :rastamike: I see why that might bother some people though.

20. Andreina

Reworking an already released demo is highly unlikely, no way they would do that. It's not the same as releasing a demo of a finished song.

If they are giving it away for an LPU CD that's pretty much like burning the bridge with the song.