LPU XIV Launches! New Packages + Tracklist Revealed

Discussion in 'News' started by Kevin, Nov 21, 2014.

1. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Part of me wonders if the band wanted to make a record like THP long before they did but kept pushing it off because of their desire to distance themselves as far away from the HT/Meteora sound as possible. These demos suggest it.

But what's even weirder is that these songs aren't even in the same style as THP. Like the tremelo guitar at 3:16 in Malathion is something Brad really hasn't done before. It's simple, but it's neat.

2. Elaine

Elaine The One They Call Elaine. LPA VIP

I get the feeling the reason they're releasing so many visceral demos is that they're going some other direction in their next ablum. It feels weird to release a bunch of demos following the same theme when they could be reworked for another album, so maybe they're done with #VISCERAL. Guess they worked out that itch.

3. Knt.Slbs

Knt.Slbs Well-Known Member

Well, it's total opposite for me. I guess that the band will continue the THP #VISCERAL sound but to push it more further than the usual THP sound we've got. maybe blending A Thousand Suns & The Hunting Party. that would be cool

4. Mitch

Mitch YTB

Always cool hearing some of the stuff they've got tucked away. The single guitar notes in After Canada remind me of Ataraxia by Team Sleep. Interesting to hear Breaking the Habit like this, too.

5. Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

I want LP to explore heavy, but like, darker. You could make some intense shit with electronics too. But at this point I've no idea where they might go next, these demos show just how unpredictable their sound is..

6. Derek

If there's any one thing that LP has shown the fans since MTM, it's that they have no desire to keep a sound from one album to the next. That's why I wouldn't be shocked if LP7 holds no similarities to THP. It's too early to say of course (their latest album just came out this year), but I'd be shocked if the next record is THP Part 2.

7. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

I would prefer this. As a fan, right now, I need LP to be trying as many different things as they can.

8. diehardlpfan77

diehardlpfan77 Well-Known Member

most songs from THP didn't feel complete while listening to them.only fm and rebellion seemed like original tracks the rest were like unfinished demos.i still don't understand why they don't work on their older demons and complete them.

9. Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

When the band released "Hemispheres" on LPU13, I thought: "okay, we're not getting another Living Things". And we didn't. The band went in a whole another direction. After these demos, I doubt we'll be getting The Hunting Party Part 2 (although I would want that more than anything else), unless the band wants to have a really fresh start with the next album, without going back to 5 year old demos for ideas. Who knows, it's Linkin Park.

10. daroker510

daroker510 Active Member

is the Cracking noises in Rhinocerous a effect that they added to the track? expecially to that riff that they play right before the chorus part or is it due to bad mixing?

11. Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

Haven't been paying too much attention to this, decided to check this thread out.

Only two songs with Vocals? :(

Didn't last year's have no vocals?

I miss the old LPUs which had more vocals

12. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Not true. 4/10 Linkin Park demos on "LPU XIII" featured vocals.

13. Derek

The band has been digging in their hard drives for over a decade to find demos that they deem quality enough to release on a CD. While you may want to hear vocals, there's really only so many 'fully written' unreleased demo songs the band can have before that stockpile grows thin and they're left with nothing but unfinished seeds and concepts. There probably aren't that many demo songs with vocals left anymore. At least none the band think are good enough for the fans to hear.

14. Elaine

Elaine The One They Call Elaine. LPA VIP

BUT WHAT ABOUT THE SCREAMING

What about the GOOD screaming?!?!

:kappa:

Last edited: Nov 26, 2014
  15. mastae

mastae Some Honky

All cool demos but holy shit Malathion... that main riff made me nostalgia on some old Metallica shit

16. polleo

polleo You're gonna carry that weight. LPA Super Member

Yeah, like someone said, I don't think LP's process works like that now. I mean, sure we've had some great complete LPU tracks but expecting good complete tracks from LPU is ridiculous. This a demo cd not a studio album. I just realized that myself. :lol:

Although, its still on an album you can pay for and buy and I don't think the cd's exactly worth it. But then again, no one expects anyone to buy it.

17. Wizardofozil

Wizardofozil Well-Known Member

I would like demos of album songs like in lpu9 that why I love a BTH demo so much this year.

18. Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

#VoteForMoreLPU8

19. Nicholas

Nicholas Well-Known Member

I couldn't agree more. At this point in time, I as a fan want them to continually surprise me every time. I don't know how many years from now that they'll still be making albums, so until that day comes I don't want them to stop in a single direction. I want them to keep throwing me curve balls, after all, it is to me the most exciting reason to be a Linkin Park fan right now.

20. Broman

Broman Well-Known Member

While I agree that the band may possibly be running short on vocal demos, I believe that if they can release something like Mike's Breaking The Habit demo or Dave SBeat, they can surely spare tracks that the fans would more than likely agree are better like Grecian, Fugitives, No Roads Left with Chester, Blackout's demo, or just any demo we have yet to hear with vocals in the making of videos.