November 23rd, 2014 - London, England (Part 1)

Discussion in 'News' started by Louis, Nov 23, 2014.

Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

Tonight, Linkin Park travels south from Manchester to London to perform at the world-famous O2 Arena. This date was originally slated to be the last date of the European Tour, but sold out so quickly that the band chose to add one more show on Nov. 24th. This will be the second of three performances in England to close off the tour. The last time the band came to London was back in July 2011 where the band performed at The Roundhouse.

However, the band has become very acquainted with the O2 Arena over the years. In fact, the band performed here last on consecutive November dates back in 2010 on the 10th and the 11th. More significantly, these dates marked the band's first ever International LPU Summit. The event was the band's first ever designated international gathering for members of the LP Underground in England and around the world. The event's highlights included opportunities for LPU members to play soccer with one another, to meet the band and see their equipment, to enjoy special Q&A sessions as well as intimate acoustic performances of their songs. The band has since held a number of other summits around the world, from London to Sydney to New Jersey.

[video=youtube;KCsC_lXNKj0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCsC_lXNKj0[/video]
    LPTV Episode of the International LPU Summit in London (2010)

Prior to that, the band again performed back-to-back performances at the O2 Arena in January of 2008. The band visited London prior to that in 2007, 2003, and 2001 amounting to 9 total London performances before tonight.

The Summit was not the only notable aspect of the band's last visit to The O2. On the band's November 11th performance of Faint, the band brought fans from the audience on the stage to play bass and guitar. This is not the first time the band has brought fans from the audience on stage to perform for the song, but this only added to the incredible fan experience the band provided for London fans in 2010.

[video=youtube;nsJMJYnmsXg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsJMJYnmsXg[/video]
    Fans brought on stage to play guitar and bass for "Faint" - London (2010)

With only two shows left on the tour, will Linkin Park surprise us with any new songs or performers? Austin Carlile from "Of Mice and Men" has been joining the band on stage for "Faint" on several shows this tour. We'll have to find out!

Are you going to the show? If so, we here on LPA made a meet-up schedule, so if you want to meet some fellow LPA users before the show, the page for all the information and names of who are attending the show is right here. So make it known that you are attending the show, so you can meet some other awesome fans. Remember to tweet pictures to @LPAssociation if you meet some other members. I will personally be at tonight's show, so please free to come say hello! I'll be in the seated area, but I'll be at the LPU Early Entry!

Are you going to any of these last two London shows? Come and discuss in our forums!

SETLIST:

01. Mashup Intro NEW (The Catalyst / The Requiem - GATS Intro)
    02. Guilty All The Same
    03. Given Up (w/ Outro)
    04. With You (album version)
    05. One Step Closer (w/ Outro)
    06. Blackout [Shortened]
    07. Papercut [Shortened]
    08. Rebellion
    09. Runaway [Shortened, Extended Intro] (Wastelands transition)
    10. Wastelands
    11. Castle of Glass (Experience Version; Piano Transition Outro; w/ Oppenheimer Speech)
    12. Leave Out All The Rest/Shadow Of The Day/Iridescent (Ballad Medley) (ft. Aaron Pauley from Of Mice and Men for Iridescent)
    13. Robot Boy [Shortened] (Instrumental)
    14. Joe Solo Medley (Wretches and Kings, 1 Stp Klosr, Session, and more))
    15. Numb (Album version / Encore outro)
    16. Waiting For The End (Apaches Intro w/ 'Until It Breaks' Verse 2; Wall Of Noise Outro)
    17. Final Masquerade
    18. Mike Solo Medley (Wretches And Kings, Remember The Name, Skin To Bone Remix)
    19. Dirt Off Your Shoulder / Lying From You (Shortened, scratch solo bridge)
    20. Somewhere I Belong (album version)
    21. In the End
    22. Faint (Feat. Austin Carlile, Ext. Outro)
    --------------------------------
    23. Burn It Down [Shortened]
    23. Lost in the Echo [Shortened]
    24. New Divide [Shortened, w/ Mike "Points of Authority" rap outro]
    25. Until It's Gone [Shortened]
    26. What I've Done (Short Ticking Intro; Ext. Guitar Solo Bridge)
    27. Bleed It Out (Bridge w/ Drum Solo, + The Catalyst Refrain; Ext. Ending)

Zak

Zak HEY, EVERYONE! GET IN HERE!

Hope they mix things up set-wise!

Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

NO CONTROLL, NO SURPRISE!

GraveDigger388

GraveDigger388 Nothing's gonna top my Jacky

Louis,both fans played guitar,lead and rythm

Wizardofozil

Wizardofozil Well-Known Member

Can't wait I'am going!!!!

insanefanboy

insanefanboy RIP Chester Bennington

I'm going to this one today!! Can't wait!

Yes of Mice and Men will preform according to my ticket. I've been wondering what that meant since they arrived.

We are leaving in 3 hours!! :)

Smarky

Smarky Well-Known Member

In the queue woop!

Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

Have fun and rock the shit :headbang:

Wizardofozil

Was amazing but I was the only one standing

Zak

Probably obstructing everyone else's views.

insanefanboy

insanefanboy RIP Chester Bennington

OH MY GOD IT WAS EPIC!!!!!!!!! Even sitting down it was freaking incredible!!! It was my first ever concert and damn was it worth every penny!

Bit jealous of the extremely lucky audience members standing right at the front of the stage, and it looked like they hugged Chester. He even said "the passion in this guys eyes is incredible" about one person, that sounds wrong typing it, but trust me I didn't mean it like that lol.

Wizardofozil

Yep but why would you sit down at an linkin park show

Loopa

Loopa New Member

First time poster, long time lurker, just registered cause I'm going to the show tomorrow, was wondering if anyone could tell me approximately what time the show today ended? Just trying to sort out trains etc.

Hope you all had a great time!

Wizardofozil

Loopa

Loopa New Member

sweet, thanks!

TheGurch

TheGurch New Member

Epic!!! The verse over RTN is from the Skin To Bone remix on LP Recharged!! One of my favourite tracks from the album as well, the lyrics are awesome and even has a dope mention of Fort Minor!!!

Flozuki

Flozuki LPA VIP LPA VIP

Amen! I couldn´t believe when I heard people behind me complaining that they now have to stand up...
    And the mother of a friend went to the concert in Hamburg and her statement regarding her impressions was "never again"... because
    she had to stay :dafuq:

Zak

Fuck everyone that has issues with standing up right? I feel sorry for all the people that may have a disability or something and want to sit down and enjoy the show with people like you around. If you want to stand you should've got pit tickets.

Decay

Decay Well-Known Member

Amen! I couldn´t believe when I heard people on these boards complaining that some people don't want to (or can't) stand up on non-pit seats (read:seats)...
    And some other dude said he didn't understand that people want to sit down... because
    it's a fucking Linkin Park show :dafuq:

Last edited: Nov 24, 2014
    TobinKnowsBest

TobinKnowsBest 20.03.1976 - 20.07.2017 LPA VIP

I've been to countless shows in my life and this one was without a doubt the best one I've ever been to.. I was right down the front with 4 friends, and it was crazy from start to end!!

People were a little restless because they were about 20 minutes late, but as soon as GATS started..the place went nuts.

I was also surprised at how many people knew all the words to the THP songs