The Walking Dead

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by hawk, Oct 15, 2012.

1. Ree

Ree a female witch. LPA Administrator

Oooh, that's the guy! I knew he looked familiar, but I just couldn't be arsed to look him up.

They definitely needed some lessons from Michael Schofield.

I wasn't really feeling the latest episode however I've been enjoying the rest of this series so far.

2. lime treacle

lime treacle You are not alone Über Member

This episode was filler in parts, but I think the whole thing with Abraham's past story and its correlation to Eugene and his lie was executed rather well. Some powerful stuff by the ending there. Also, the scene with the water hose was fun. :lol: Definitely interested to see where the season goes from here. I love how dinamic it's been.

3. The Joesen One

The Joesen One Fun-employed LPA Super Member

[​IMG]

4. Broman

Broman Well-Known Member

The feels....
    Too much to take in, happened so fast.
    I am....sad.

5. The Joesen One

Other than that emotional death, I felt this was an underwhelming midseason finale to a weak story arc. :(

6. lime treacle

This was the mid-season finale? Oh, fuck. :lol: had no idea. I did enjoy the episode, though.

7. Nicholas

Nicholas Well-Known Member

Oh man, what a shit ending. Sounds like they just wanted a death for the mid-season finale and thought this up at the last minute.

8. lime treacle

I was talking about the previous episode here, not the mid-season finale which I'd forgotten it was released yesterday. Still haven't seen that.

9. Gibs

Gibs The Prog Nerd Über Member

I wish the writers of The Walking Dead actually the balls to kill off a main character people actually care about. At this point, the killing seems so trivial. They're not doing it because it best fits the story and its direction, they're doing it because hey, "we need a big mid-season finale!"

10. Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

I loved the twist. Had me screaming "WHAT!? WHAT?!" at my TV.

11. The Joesen One

I liked the playout of the death, but the story wasn't built enough unlike the Hunters arc.

A lot of people cared about her since season 4, when her character greatly developed, especially in her somewhat centric episode.

12. Kevin

Kevin A Pattern To Be Followed. LPA Administrator

Thanks to the TWD posting the spoiler on their page, I had the death spoiled for me... so I just waited for it to come. The person that posted that had better gotten fired.. that surprise would have been awesome to actually experience.

Note:
    The spoiler went up almost immediately after the episode aired and they even apologized for it

13. Gibs

Gibs The Prog Nerd Über Member

I got spoiled from that too, but to get fired over it? That's a bit extreme I think.

14. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

The episode ended way too soon after she died. It was like BAM > ONE CRYING SCENE > FADE TO BLACK.

You barely even got to see Maggie's reaction beyond the five seconds they showed.

15. Snail

Snail LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

[​IMG]

16. Kaique Smart

Kaique Smart There's nothing to fear but fear itself

The episode was very emotional, but the end was a bit stupid to be honest. It seems like they just wanted to get someone killed no matter what happened.
    Still a good episode though.
    I hope they kill someone a bit more important soon though, like Carol or Carl. It would be interesting, though I doubt that will happen.

By the way, wasn't Maggie kinda overreacting a bit there in the end? I mean, surely it was her sister who just died and all, but she never looked that concerned about Beth at all since they left the prison. A bit of crocodile tears there :p

17. lime treacle

I didn't mind the episode actually, but I thought the death hadn't been appropriately built up to... or it might have been this:

Whatever it was, it was surely too abrupt.

18. Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

Maggie hasn't shown one iota of concern about Beth since she went missing. There is NO amount of build up possible in any mid season finale for that plot line to have been satisfying. It takes work and seeds to make something like that register.

I mean, now for an entire season Maggie was mums the word on her sis, not mentioning her. So, of course the finale is going to be disappointing in that regard. There's not really any way to fix this either since as I've already said it's been shown on screen she just didn't care, even if she starts acting all depressed now it's just not going to cut it. I don't believe in that storyline.

19. Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

Yeah it did seem forced. There was no emotional build-up whatsoever.

20. snailharvest

snailharvest nice

exactly my thoughts, it kinda sucked a lot..her death had no impact on me whatsoever, and id really grown to like Beth as a character..i guess its just the way they pull things off in the show; its really half-hearted

if you compare the majority of the deaths in the tv show to the major deaths in the comics, or even the telltales game, they have such little impact on you its honestly ridiculous