"Mall" soundtrack available on iTunes Australia and NZ

Discussion in 'News' started by minuteforce, Dec 11, 2014.

Flozuki

Flozuki LPA VIP LPA VIP

It is also available in Germany :-D

Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

I don't like the fact that the second verse of It Goes Through just has repeated lyrics, it seems lazy. Otherwise, good song!

Devil's Drop has a nice melody, but it lacks substance. There is a nice original idea, but then it never really goes anywhere.

Hans Muster

Hans Muster Well-Known Member

...which means that it's available in Switzerland as well :awesome:

Jack_Farrell

Jack_Farrell KTTK is Chester suicide-diving off a cliff naked

Jeff Makes Observations samples Ammosick.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Yeah if it was about 30 secs to at most a minute shorter, it would've worked incredibly as an interlude track on an album.

One More Rob

One More Rob Well-Known Member

as someone else mentioned it has been released in germany aswell. Linkinpark.de (the official german site) has a physical release of early 2015

Feenix

Feenix Well I Do

I cannot find this for the life of me, wondering if I can use a VPN to buy it from the Aus iTunes store. (Edit: Nope, didn't work :()

Most of my excitement is for Luna though which sounds like it's been nerfed anyway :( That was quite honestly one of my favorite LP tracks ever in its original form.

(2nd edit - Found it. Yep, Luna's ruined. club mix please?)

Last edited: Dec 12, 2014
    Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

I fail to see how Luna was "ruined," it's EXACTLY the same vocal take from the preview as far as I can tell, and the instrumental sounds identical to me as well, the only difference is that the preview had the vocal from the second verse over the instrumental from the first verse - likely just to serve as a "shortened" version of the song.

Are people hearing the first verse and thinking that they redid the vocal, not realizing that the part heard in the preview wasn't the beginning of the song?

brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

On a Linkin Park record, I would have been bothered by this. But since it's on a side project soundtrack that didn't get full attention, I'm completely fine with it.

Feenix

Feenix Well I Do

The differences are nuanced but they are there and they make a lot of difference to the feel of the track.

The preview version was pitched up slightly and imo was better that way. That one's easily corrected though.
    It's not the same vocal take, although very similar it's a different one and is also layered in the final version. It's the layering I have the problem with.
    The bass at the drop has been mixed quieter.
    The "bleep bleep bloop" synth has been added into almost the entire track, it used to drop out when the drums came in.
    Luna had extra background FX which have been taken out, replaced by extra vocal layering.
    Luna had a kick with a slow attack on it, IGT it's moved more into the background and has some annoying panning.
    Luna had no snare/clap/hats, IGT adds these unnecessarily.
    The levels on pretty much everything have been altered significantly in the final mix.

I just think everything got a bit flat and boring in the final mix. Luna had a sweeping attack with a powerful four on the floor rhythm, it was a potentially powerful dance track. The all important sweeping synths combined with the slow attack drums have changed completely. That was the key to it.

If you have DJ software stick both tracks on and match them up then crossfade between them, the differences are easily recognizable.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2014
    ald_

ald_ Intensity 6

What on Earth is up with The Last Line? the vocals were 100% perfection before, I'm not sure why they changed it. It Goes Through is amazing in every way though.

mastae

mastae Some Honky

Still trying to find a torrent D:

brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

So I'm guessing the US won't get it till Tuesday?

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

I just realised that "The Last Line" really reminds me of Chromatics, especially the guitar line

Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

I really like "The Last Line" very raw vocals. I can even see Mike doing great live with this song. Not that it'll ever be performed. :lol: