December 12, 2014 - Oakland, CA - LIVE 105 Not So Silent Night

Discussion in 'News' started by Kevin, Dec 12, 2014.

Kevin

Kevin A Pattern To Be Followed. LPA Administrator

Linkin Park returns to California for two shows to end the year.

This is the second time in the band's history that the band played this show, with the previous time being all the way back in 2001! At the show the band played a pretty standard 2001 setlist, adding in their short cover of Sweet Child O' Mine again. While there are no videos from the show, there is a official audio recording. You can check out the show in audio here below.

[video=youtube;UkQRpPGGdIA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkQRpPGGdIA[/video]

Last time we caught up with the band was at the final show of the European tour in London at the O2. I was there and it was awesome. The band performed a standard Set A and Mike kept it conventional with the Remember The Name hybrid verse on his solo medley. However the band was in a really playful mood and screwed around a lot, with a lot of the fun happening mostly during the encore. The encore started off with Rob randomly hitting drums and cymbals with Joe then playing random samples from New Divide, causing Mike to stop Joe so that Rob could play a solo ... which he never did :cry:. Mike and Chester then asked the crowd if they would mind if Joe and Rob switch instruments for the rest of the show. During What I've Done, Joe left his set up and let his tech play, all so that he could walk around the stage and take pictures and video. When Brad saw this, he then handed his guitar over to his tech Ben after the solo so that Ben could finish the song. This then prompted Mike to ask Ben to play a solo after the song was over. All this goofing made Phoenix walk away from HIS tech, delaying the start of Bleed It Out, causing Mike to tell Phoenixs' tech "Ted, if you don't give that fucking bass to Phoenix you're fucking out of here man. That's it. This is your last tour, you've been with us for like 15 years, but this is it! If that bass doesn't get in his hands in the next .. 60 seconds". After almost giving the audience his bass and Mike urging Ted tech to rap the song instead of Mike, the song finally began. After Robs drum solo, Mike told the audience that Joe would like to invite a few fans on stage. And so they did. And "a few fans" turned into at least 25. Sadly, while people rushed to try to get on stage, a few fans ended up getting hurt, thereby breaking the #1 rule at a Linkin Park concert "watch out for each other". So the fans got on stage and then also came of Mice and Men out and they all got to sing the refrain from The Catalyst before ending the song.

I'm going to include two videos here, because I can. The first is of Mikes solo medley.

[video=youtube;ArfCwnIB-Sg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ArfCwnIB-Sg[/video]

And the second one is of the whole encore set, I highly recommend you watch this.

[video=youtube;cuj2p0TteJk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuj2p0TteJk[/video]
    See? That's how an audience should act at the end of a set! Everyone standing and participating!

So what can we get from tonight's show? Future tour mates Rise Against will also be playing the show, and they will also be playing the same show tomorrow at KROQ Almost Acoustic Christmas. Will there be any surprises? Anything to give a hint of what they will do at the upcoming North American Tour? We will have to wait and see.

After this the band plays a show tomorrow at KROQ Almost Acoustic Christmas. That will be last show for 2014. The band then kicks off another North American tour on January 15th.

Are you going to this show? Come and discuss in our forums.

SETLIST:

01. Joe Solo Medley (Wretches And Kings, Victimized Remix, Buy Myself, Cure For The Itch, Session, Plc.4 Mie Hæd)
    02. Burn It Down
    03. Waiting For The End (Apaches Intro w/ 'Until It Breaks' Verse 2; Wall Of Noise Outro)
    04. Final Masquerade
    05. Mike Solo Medley (Wretches And Kings, Remember The Name hybrid verse)
    06. Numb (Numb/Encore Outro)
    07. In The End
    08. Faint (Ext. Outro)
    09. Rebellion
    10. Lost In The Echo [Shortened] (No Second Verse, Second Chorus, or Bridge)
    11. New Divide [Shortened] (No Second Verse and Second Chorus; Transition Outro)
    12. Crawling [Shortened] (No Second Verse and Second Chorus; w/ Faster Tempo)
    13. Until It's Gone [Shortened] (Ext. Intro w/ With You Verse 1 Rap)
    14. What I've Done (Short Ticking Intro; Ext. Guitar Solo Bridge)
    15. Bleed It Out (Feat. Tim McIlrath, Bridge w/ Drum Solo, + The Catalyst Refrain; Ext. Ending)

Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

Hopefully Rise Against and Linkin Park , my two favorite bands, play something together , also if i doubt that hard. For this year ending. Standard Set. We will get a new song in 2015 , i am sure. But not here.

Josh

Josh Met LP 8-13-14 LPA VIP

Lol that whole article had me re-reading and re-reading, it was so confusing.

Mike seemed pretty pissed when Ted was f***ing around. I don't think I've seen Mike this pissed in a couple of years, that i remember.

Infinity

Infinity *

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Wow Time is a valuable thing.

Infinity

Infinity *

Dude autocorrect...

DirtyBlup

DirtyBlup Well-Known Member

i think Mike was joking, btw i would really liked to hear a bass solo

LohithMohan

LohithMohan It's like I'm paranoid...or am I?

HAHA! From 0:44 to 1:00 Tim Mcllrath is just staring at chester when Chester is doing his usual crazy movements. I wonder what he must be thinking! :rofl:

polleo

polleo You're gonna carry that weight. LPA Super Member

Well, the rest of the band has to force him to do it(like Rob) I guess. But they don't seem to care. Also, Rob seems like a soft person while Phoenix is pretty fierce :lol: I mean, he's also a guitarist, a violinist among other things but we barely get to see it.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

I know. I was just messing with you :lol:.

Alexrednex

Alexrednex Well-Known Member

[video=youtube;9n4N-T1hHWA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9n4N-T1hHWA[/video]
    I love the fact that you can barely hear Chester over Tim.
    I have to admit this is kind of a dream coming true :p

Last edited: Dec 13, 2014
    Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

I came.... :halfkappa:

JonasTheRoman

JonasTheRoman Well-Known Member

I must say Brad did some cool guitar work while they were pulling fans out of the crowd for the The Catalyst part in Bleed It Out.

bigbadboz

bigbadboz Active Member

Wish I'd of stayed for the 2nd night in London (shakes fist at work - damn you to hell)