January 17, 2015 - Nashville, TN

Discussion in 'News' started by minuteforce, Jan 17, 2015.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Linkin Park kicked off their North American "The Hunting Party" tour on January 15, two nights ago, in Orlando, FL. Tonight, January 17, they are set to play the tour leg's second date in Nashville at the Bridgestone Arena. The nineteen-show tour leg sees the band visit cities that they have rarely played in - or, in some cases, never played in - during their extensive touring history, and Linkin Park are being supported on these dates by Of Mice And Men and Rise Against.

Linkin Park are no strangers to Nashville. Their first visit to the city was in 2000 on a tour where they supported Kottonmouth Kings; the following year, the band played in Nashville again as part of the Ozzfest line-up. Finally, Linkin Park returned again in 2004 as a stadium-filling headlining act on their own "Meteora" world tour.

[YOUTUBE]Ux2Vy829og8[/YOUTUBE]​

Lastly, in 2008, Linkin Park played a couple of shows Nashville while touring in support of "Minutes To Midnight", their most recent shows in the city up until now.

[YOUTUBE]ouzn343jjMs[/YOUTUBE]​

Orlando's show saw the band deliver a setlist not too different from that of their last tour, but delivered a couple of surprises by performing the "Meteora" cut "From The Inside" and reviving the "Hybrid Theory" fan-favourite "A Place For My Head" to begin the encore segment. A couple of songs from "The Hunting Party" were put on ice; "Rebellion" and "Until It's Gone" were, surprisingly, not performed.

[YOUTUBE]G6KpicsadaA[/YOUTUBE]​

Furthermore, a post on Instagram earlier this week revealed that Linkin Park have rehearsed "a new song", presumably one from "The Hunting Party" that has yet to be played live, but no new song has been brought to the stage just yet. This Nashville show might be the one where a new setlist and a new song is brought out.

Following this date, the tour moves onto Indianapolis on January 18, before going to Pittsburgh for a show on January 20.

Are you going to this show? Come and discuss it on our message board! If you're attending this show or any other dates on this tour and you want to plan some meet-ups with other members of the LPA community, please feel free to check this thread.

Anthony Maroon

Anthony Maroon Well-Known Member

I'll be there, as posted in the tour thread. Fingers crossed for a new song debut, or at least the return of Rebellion and/or Until It's Gone!

I'd actually really like to hear Until It's Gone performed live.

UltimateLegend

UltimateLegend Well-Known Member

I was planning to go to this but something came up. Have fun whoever is going!

Alexrednex

Alexrednex Well-Known Member

Damn APFMH sounds so good live.

Evan

Evan Well-Known Member

I love the fact that the band brought back APFMH and FTI. Literally, after seeing them 3 times without hearing either those are the 2 songs that I want to see the most badly. But for fuck's sake, WHY'D they have to ditch the APFMH outro? It's freaking amazing! There's absolutely no reason why it shouldn't stick around for the rest of the band's career just like the Faint and OSC outro.

Twisted Smage

Twisted Smage The hardest part of ending is starting again.

Could the"new song" possibly have the do with the instagram post LP put up that has a red record playing?

Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

No. That's the guitar feedback sample for the From the Inside intro.

Captain-EO

Captain-EO Also Prog Nerd Now, Thanks Gibs LPA Super Member

#astatdreamcrusher

Twisted Smage

Twisted Smage The hardest part of ending is starting again.

Anthony Maroon

I got the chance to meet the band tonight, which was pretty awesome. I had the etched side of the THP vinyl signed by all of them. They were incredibly friendly and personable, too, which I definitely appreciated.

Chester also threw a signed pick into the audience, which landed down my girlfriend's shirt—and I just discovered that I actually caught all that on video haha.

I'll have some videos uploaded soon tonight or maybe tomorrow afternoon; I took them on an iPhone 6+, and they actually appear to have turned out pretty good. At least, considering that I couldn't seem to get away from the mosh pits, and I was almost vomited on a couple times (my poor friend who took me as her +1 actually did get some of that vomit). I did the best I could!

Last edited: Jan 18, 2015
    minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Damn :lol:

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

Same setlist?

Kevin

Kevin A Pattern To Be Followed. LPA Administrator

Some modifications.
    I'm pretty sure this is right, wait for videos to confirm/change

01. Mashup Intro #2 (Session / Catalyst / Requiem / Guilty All The Same Intro)
    02. Guilty All The Same
    03. Given Up (Extended Outro)
    04. From The Inside
    05. One Step Closer (Extended Outro)
    06. Blackout [Shortened]
    07. Papercut [Shortened]
    08. Runaway [Shortened] (Wastelands Transition)
    09. Wastelands
    10. Castle of Glass (Experience Version; Martin Luther King Jr Speech, Piano Transition Outro; w/ Oppenheimer Speech)
    11. Leave Out All The Rest/Shadow Of The Day/Iridescent (Ballad Medley; feat. Aaron Pauley)
    12. Robot Boy [Shortened] (Instrumental)
    13. Joe Solo Medley (Wretches And Kings, Victimized Remix, Buy Myself, Cure For The Itch, Session, Plc.4 Mie Hæd)
    14. Numb (Numb/Encore Intro + Outro)
    15. Waiting For The End (Apaches Intro w/ 'Until It Breaks' Verse 2)
    16. Final Masquerade
    17. Mike Solo Medley (Wretches And Kings, Remember The Name Chorus + Hybrid Verse; Ext. Outro Transition)
    18. Dirt Off Your Shoulders / Lying From You [Shortened] (Scratch Solo Bridge)
    19. In The End
    20. A Place For My Head (Ext. Guitar Solo Intro)
    21. Faint (Feat. Austin Carlile; Extended Outro)
    --------------------------------
    22. Burn It Down [Shortened]
    23. Lost In The Echo [Shortened]
    24. New Divide [Shortened] (No Second Verse and Second Chorus)
    25. What I've Done (Short Intro, Ext. Guitar Solo Bridge)
    26. Bleed It Out (Ext. Bridge w/ The Catalyst Refrain; Ext. Ending)

Anthony Maroon

Going by my memory and the order of the videos I took, that setlist should be 100% accurate.

Nothing new, but it was still a great set.

The Joesen One

The Joesen One Fun-employed LPA Super Member

So SIB was removed too.

GraveDigger388

GraveDigger388 Nothing's gonna top my Jacky

Thank God...

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

I assume you went in and retrieved it later! Amirite? :quagmire: giggity giggity.

jdanek630

jdanek630 Well-Known Member

I really wish they'd take out Wastelands and put Until It's Gone back on their standard setlist!

Anthony Maroon

Of course! I never pass up signed guitar picks! :bradwink:

Edit: Here's my recording of Guilty All The Same at the start of the show. And here is the guitar pick toss, if anybody wants to see that haha. It comes down right in front of the camera after Chester throws it. There are seven videos from the show on my channel, a few of which have multiple songs.

Edit 2: Some notes from the meet and greet and show last night:

-Chester came down from a scream and hit a camera on stage. It was being held by a guy who I think was filming for the LPU, as he was also filming at the M&G. Apologies were quickly exchanged both ways, and Chester appears to have been uninjured, surprisingly enough! (Not that that lasted long...)

-At the M&G, one girl next to me was talking with Dave about Of Mice and Men, and he asked who she thought was better. She didn't answer, so he told her to make sure and tell him once she saw the full show haha.

-This same girl mentioned to Chester that his work helped a friend of hers through tough times. He made a point to ask if she was going all right now and "kicking butt."

-The other girl beside me asked Mike if he could relay to Ana that Learning Not to Drown was one of her favorite books. He whipped out his phone and asked if she wanted to tell her herself. He recorded her talking about how she loved the book and got it put in her high school's library. It was pretty cool.

-Rob seemed genuinely a little surprised (and very thankful) when I complimented his work on THP and said I really enjoyed it. He stopped for a minute to express some genuine gratitude after signing my record.

-The M&G was pretty pressed for time, so I felt bad taking up too much time with any of them. Brad was a little quiet and went through the line fairly quickly, but even he made a point to be extremely polite and hold eye contact with everybody and thank them for coming out.

-Even despite the time constraints, Chester was extremely friendly, which I found a little surprising for some reason. When he got to me, he signed my record and made sure to ask me questions and thank me for being there and stuff. I kept most of my responses to the band members brief and basic, but he appeared grateful when I thanked him for doing what he does. He smiled, shook my hand, and talked with me a bit before moving on, which really stood out to me. I'm sure walking through a line of dozens of people trying to meet you and talk with you can be overwhelming, but all of them did a great job of being really personal about the whole thing.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2015
    BrandonR24

BrandonR24 Well-Known Member

Late post, but Nashville was awesome. I seriously think it was one of the most flawless shows I have ever seen from Linkin Park in person that is. Chester was killing it, music was loud, man it was just a jamming good time. Won a meet and greet as well and I love how personal all the band members are. Two kids next to me where attending their first show and asked Chester if they could make a new Mash-up album. Thought it was great how he treated them, saying he would definitely get with Mike and check into it. Made that kids day!

Got some video, if anyone is interested.
    The best quality one is from my actual camera of WAK/RTN/LFY vs. DOYS which is here:
    [video=youtube_share;QDc5i1njyJE]http://youtu.be/QDc5i1njyJE[/video]

Then from my Galaxy of Joe's Melody/ Numb (SO MUCH BASS):
    [video=youtube;SQ3UzlYodFk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQ3UzlYodFk[/video]