American Sniper...view from a mentaliy ill Veteran

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by Dragondust, Jan 23, 2015.

hybridsoldier1989

hybridsoldier1989 strange things are afoot at the circle k

I'm not sure why you would have to google Christopher Columbus, but OK.

The comparison is largely hyperbole and grossly anachronistic, but some people obviously have an axe to grind. Nobody said Chris Kyle was the Second Coming. What did we want him to do? Lay down his weapon and get beheaded?

travz21

travz21 Muscle Museum LPA Super Member

I'm not singling him out.

Being brainwashed isn't a good excuse. At best you have good intentions but are still part of an evil machine, regardless if you know it or not. I respect people who try to get by by finding an honest job that isn't a product of our tax dollars. Especially one that doesn't involve killing innocent foreigners. If you have no money to go to college or live off of, there are plenty of legitimate jobs to get back on your feet and get your adult life started in the right and moral direction.

But I do feel bad for the well-intentioned military members of any country. They have been fed lies and most of them have their lives completely altered. They would have lived much better and meaningful lives had they not been led astray by their governments.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2015
    Dragondust

Dragondust Lingering distortion LPA VIP

Brainwashed...seriously....HAhahah you really have no idea what military life is like...

Dragondust

We were trying to help them...would you have let Hitler kill all the Jewish people...I guess so...

Dragondust

I wanted to make sure I had everything right before commenting anything about it! I agree no one is saying that Chris Kyle is the second coming!

brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

Yeah sure... innocent. Good one.

polleo

polleo You're gonna carry that weight. LPA Super Member

Have you met each of them in person? Like, how do you people know that every person they kill is for the ''greater good''. I understand terrorists are extreme people and they need to be dealt with, but how do you know your people are out there doing good? I just feel like some of you look at it in a 'good' vs 'evil' way but you don't understand that America has been the bad guy in many cases too.

And is the best way to deal with terrorists is by risking these poor soldier's lives and causing them psychological pain? I'm sure there's others ways to combat it. The U.S government has smart people who can probably figure something out better. I don't know, maybe I just expect everything to make rational sense and that's why I don't understand why people do or think certain things.

Blackee Dammet

Blackee Dammet Feminism Is My God Now

Oddly enough there are. They're called drones.

Turns out, those not-America countries isn't exactly fans of those things, either.

travz21

travz21 Muscle Museum LPA Super Member

It's a wide range, but between 175,000 and 1,000,000 Iraqis died during the Iraq war. How many of those were our legitimate enemies? Like .01%? Iraq only has a population of 33 million for fuck's sake.

I don't even want to get into the other countries.