Gay Rights

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by Anya, Feb 14, 2004.

Phantom Duck

Phantom Duck You are my detonator. LPA Super Member

I believe Gay people are just like normal people, who have just different sexual preferences. Since they don't do any harm, thus, i believe they should have the same rights, but not marriage. Marriage is soemthing totally different, it's meant to unite man and woman, so that they can live on 2gether and have a family. Gay ppl cannot do that, since they go against the nature (not in the bad way), IMO.

Chris

Chris LPA Addict LPA Addict

It seems that people have more problems with gay people then lesbian people :wth:.

I've nothing against gay people. Im proud of them for being honest to everyone else to say that they are gay. They are funny too, more funnier then most people IMO. Im not good in long opinions so i'll leave it here :p

Alacrity

Alacrity don't stop talking to me; i haven't been listening LPA Super Member

That's what I think. A marriage by definition is the union of a man and woman. And people saying equal rights this and that (IMO), nothing will ever, ever be equal. Aberham (sp?) Lincoln said that, and he owned slaves!! But thats a different story. No matter what happens in the world, who rules, etc., people will always come up with a way of making something or someone seem better than the next.

Hope I made sense

Anya

Anya Lost LPA Super VIP

So, what you and phantom are saying is that gay people can't get married because someone had said, "Marriage was meant to unite man and woman"? Don't get me wrong, I'm not fighting i'm just opinionating. I respect your opinions just as much as the next persons.

But anyways. Why do you have to follow by that? Just because everyone thinks marriage is meant for man and women to unite doesn't mean man and man can unite just as well. Everything is meant for everyone and marriage is for somthing when two people are so in love they feel the need to be 'united'.

I don't understand why you both think marriage shouldn't be allowed for homosexuals, because if marriage was made in the first place it should be open for all people who are ready to be with eachother, no matter what sexual prefrence.

In my opinion of course.

arT saveS

arT saveS Y2K

I'm not sure what I think. I mean I don't really have anything against gay people, thought to be honest I don't understand why guys would want to kiss guys, or girls kiss girls (though I don't mind that part much..). I don't understand why a guy wouldn't like a girl...what's not to like. But again I would have to be gay to understand this. But see last year this guy moved to our school. And he was kinda cool I guess, I mean my friends hung out with him (he was a druggy like them), well anyways my friend became best friends with him. Well one day my friend was at this guys house, and the guy admitted he was bisexual. And that guy got onto a gay site, and started talking to gays in front of my friend, and the guy he was talking to asked if he could see his ****, and this guy said "if my friend wasn't here I would." This scared my friend cause he's the furthest from gay you'll meet, and he walked off. He told everyone in the school that this guy was bi, and finally the guy admitted it. I told you that to tell you this: after the guy admitted it, he started hitting on me. I told the guy to back off, that I was straight and had no problem with him as long as he stopped trying to grab my ass, and hug me and ####. Well the guy said he'd stop, but he didn't. Finally I got up and said something I shouldn't have said, resulting in the use of a homosexual word I cant say or I'll get a warning. Anyways, I shouldn't have done that, but that shows that I can't accept gays very well, and probably never will. But I think they should be able to get married, because it's there choice, and we shouldn't be able to say if they can get married or not. And the religion thing, I'm sorry but you religous people get offended if someone says something bad abot your god, do you not think they get offended by being stereo typed, and not allowed to have the same rights as us? And I know that if I saw to guys making out, it would disgust me to my limit, but I wouldn't say anything to them, and just let them be themselves. But I won't lie, I don't understand gays, or why they want to be gay, but if that's what they choose to be, than let them.

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

When people complain about the fact that homosexuals want to get married, I ask them this:

What if you were homosexual?

Then they shut up.

I think they should be allowed to get married. They're people just like heterosexuals, and should have the same rights.

lp_fan23k

lp_fan23k Well-Known Member

:eek: a gay guy hit on you, same thing sort -of happened to me. He asked me to the dance, I said no and no one teased him of being gay. Although some jerks continue to diss him, but thats because he spilled glue on his chair and someone told the teacher that he was materbating.

EDIT: i know, why shouldn't they!!!

Phantom Duck

"If" is pretty much hypothetic.

And, if , as you say, gay people must have EXACTLY the same rights as normal people, should they be able to adopt a kid? Because, then, THAT'S when i'm totally oposed. I mean, what a heck, what will the child feel inside ,having two fathers and no mother or vice-versa?

Will

"If" is pretty much hypothetic.

And, if , as you say, gay people must have EXACTLY the same rights as normal people, should they be able to adopt a kid? Because, then, THAT'S when i'm totally oposed. I mean, what a heck, what will the child feel inside ,having two fathers and no mother or vice-versa? [/b][/quote]
    I know a lot of people who have two fathers or two mothers and they've grown up perfectly normal.

Phantom Duck

I know a lot of people who have two fathers or two mothers and they've grown up perfectly normal. [/b][/quote]
    A lot of people, eh?

How about it: homosexual couples cannot legally adopt children. ;)

Will

There's at least 8 people at my school (2 of whom I talk to on a regular basis) who have two fathers or two mothers. They are as normal as the next person.

I don't see why they shouldn't be allowed to adopt children. That's like saying homeless people shouldn't be allowed in shelters if they're homosexual.

Phantom Duck

There's at least 8 people at my school (2 of whom I talk to on a regular basis) who have two fathers or two mothers. They are as normal as the next person.

I don't see why they shouldn't be allowed to adopt children. That's like saying homeless people shouldn't be allowed in shelters if they're homosexual. [/b][/quote]
    It's not about the people who adopt, it's about the children's psychology. I would never stand being grown by two people of the same sex. Would you like it if you had two fathers who kissed each other in front of you?

And, to conclude,no matter how much i respect each person's sexual preferences, i can't forget human's two purposes: survival and reproduction. Where the hell do we go without the second one?

Will

It's not about the people who adopt, it's about the children's psychology. I would never stand being grown by two people of the same sex. Would you like it if you had two fathers who kissed each other in front of you?

And, to conclude,no matter how much i respect each person's sexual preferences, i can't forget human's two purposes: survival and reproduction. Where the hell do we go without the second one? [/b][/quote]
    There's 6 billion people on the Earth.

I really doubt we'll have to worry about being overrun by homosexuals to the point where reproduction won't happen. :rolleyes:

Your reasonings for this are really asinine, Duck. Get your facts straight.

Phantom Duck

I really doubt we'll have to worry about being overrun by homosexuals to the point where reproduction won't happen. :rolleyes:
    [/b][/quote]
    So, since there's other ppl who can do the job, let's stop having children, eeh?

Alacrity

Your reasonings for this are really asinine, Duck. Get your facts straight. [/b][/quote]
    It isn't the fact that he's worried that we won't reproduce enough. Its the fact that the two purposes are to survive and reproduce. Not doing those is what he's talking about

Hope that made sense :/

Will

... What?

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

... What? [/b][/quote]
    *Scratches head* I'm just as lost as you, Will.

Will

It isn't the fact that he's worried that we won't reproduce enough. Its the fact that the two purposes are to survive and reproduce. Not doing those is what he's talking about

Hope that made sense :/ [/b][/quote]
    And, like I said, we are never going to have to worry about something like that happening. There are far more heterosexuals on the Earth than homosexuals, so we'll never have to worry about reproduction ending.

I think that's a REALLY stupid reason for homosexuals to not be allowed to adopt children.

Alacrity

And, like I said, we are never going to have to worry about something like that happening. There are far more heterosexuals on the Earth than homosexuals, so we'll never have to worry about reproduction ending.

I think that's a REALLY stupid reason for homosexuals to not be allowed to adopt children. [/b][/quote]
    Ok, maybe i'm typing this wrong.

Its not that we won't have enough people reproducing, its the fact that homosexuals don't do both of those things, survive and reproduce.

Will

So that means they aren't allowed to adopt children?

If a child doesn't get adopted, what are the chances that THEY will ever lead a normal life and find someone else to reproduce with?

Would you rather have these children spending their lives in seclusion not producing because they didn't have people who cared enough to adopt them?

I would much rather have homosexual parents than NO parents.