The LPA Anime Thread

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by SuperDude526, Apr 26, 2012.

1. Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

It can be but there will be ads and not everything will be available to you.

2. SuperDude526

SuperDude526 Well-Known Member

I can live with that. I'ma go sign up then.

3. SuperDude526

SuperDude526 Well-Known Member

What, is nobody here watching any good anime anymore? I rewatched the Steins;Gate movie a few days ago. That whole franchise is just the best thing since sliced bread.

4. Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

Was watching Your Lie in April, I'm on episode 6. I really enjoy it. I'm waiting for Digimon Tri, I dunno if it's been delayed or what. I also finished Sweet Blue Flowers, the ending wasn't great but I still loved the series. Very short though, only one season of 11 episodes.

5. Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

I've been a little occupied with other things.

6. Jesse

New Steins;Gate anime AND visual novel game coming yall! It takes place in the beta timeline, and will feature at least one new character. It's called Steins;Gate 0.

[video=youtube;60svW9uElXk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60svW9uElXk[/video]
    Teaser Trailer contains a small synopsis of Steins;Gate Zero so please be cautioned for a small bit of spoilers. For those that prefer it in written form highlight the text below.

Synopsis:

Beta world line, 2010 November.
    This is a story that unfolds.
    After having failed to save "her"[Makise Kurisu] on July 28th,
    Okabe Rintarou return having not known that the system known as "Amadeus"
    would draw him into a world of conspiracy once more and that yes, "she's" still there.

http://nichegamer.com/2015/03/comin...gate-sequel-as-both-a-visual-novel-and-anime/

Character portraits

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Apparently new characters (click to reveal, since spoilers)
    http://nichegamer.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/steins-gate-2015-03-28-13.jpg
    http://nichegamer.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/steins-gate-2015-03-28-14.jpg
    http://nichegamer.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/steins-gate-2015-03-28-15.jpg

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Lots more pics here: http://www.inside-games.jp/article/img/2015/03/28/86318/565363.html

This post will update as the news comes!

Some spoilery thoughts below, regarding the audio dramas and the anime series and main visual novel.

Appears that one of the new characters is from a Steins;Gate audio drama called "The Epitaxy of the Projected Curved Surface." Her name is Maho Hiyajo and is an acquaintance of Kurisu Makise.

Also, it looks like the story of Steins;Gate Zero is going to take place in the time line in which Okabe failed to rescue Kurisu, meaning it's the timeline that he sent a video message back to himself to save Kurisu where he gave the Okabe in that timeline the very idea and the courage to motivate him into using said time machine to trick himself into believing her bad ending actually happened. So it appears to be that this anime won't conflict with the true ending of the first animes version of events because it's covering an already established timeline that mostly just happened off-screen.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2015
  7. Halfway Dwight

Halfway Dwight We are the fortunate ones.

@Jesse: The hype is real! Do you know when does it come out?

8. Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

Never knew we had an Anime thread here. Recently watched a lot of Animes but one of the last I finished that was very, very enjoyable was K-on! and K-On!!

Slowly been finishing Psycho-Pass over a year lol

9. LohithMohan

LohithMohan It's like I'm paranoid...or am I?

I know quite a few number of sites from where you can watch anime for free. Message me and I can tell you.

So the following are the anime I've seen, along with my comments of those series (in case some of you haven't seen these)

Bleach (What got me into manga and anime. Personally attached to this show and hence my fav. Hoping the final arc gets animated soon.)
    Naruto (Everyone knows Naruto)
    One Piece (This show will probably still go on even after we all die because Oda just won't stop writing the manga. Took 2 years to finish the latest arc in the manga)
    Haikyuu!! (Volleyball. One of the best anime I've seen. Great character stories and great animation. Gets really intense in the later half. Just as good as the manga)
    Kuroko No Basket (Basically the DBZ of basketball. I liked it)
    Working!! (slice of life anime. About people working in a restaurant. It's a pleasant watch. Very calm series to watch)
    Psycho Pass season 1 (Heard season 2 was meh. Season 1 was pretty great)
    Steins Gate (Among my favorites)
    Hunter x Hunter (2011) (Brilliant show. My favorite after Bleach, when it comes to anime. If only Togashi stopped going on breaks and actually continued the manga)
    Tokyo Ghoul (haven't read the manga. Heard the manga is much better)
    Terra Formars (Manga is way better. Hate how they censor stuff in the anime)
    Darker than Black (It was not bad. Gets pretty generic as it moves on)
    Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood (Legendary anime)
    Death Note (Everyone knows Death Note. But it technically is the poor man's "Monster"....see below)
    Monster (This is the probably the most scariest(it's not a horror anime), most intriguing and most real anime out there. The main villain makes Kira look like a kid (which he is but you get my point))
    Kingdom (the manga is actually my favorite manga after Bleach. The anime had some terrible animation since it was low budget. The second season was much better but still not quite there. Brilliant manga though)
    Shingeki no Kyojin (Everyone knows this as well)
    Bakuman (From the people who brought you Death Note. Personally, and I've seen a lot many say the same, I find this much better than Death Note. It's a comedy/romance/slice of life series about 2 people who want to become manga writers. My 2nd fav show along with HxH)
    Code Geass (another great show. Don't let the character art fool you. This series has an amazing story and among the best finales of all time)
    Swordart Online (overrated show. It's mediocre at best. Started out really well but just dipped by the time it ended)

Definitely missing out some but can't recollect at the moment.

What I'm currently watching;
    Arslan Senki
    Log Horizon
    Owari No Seraph
    Kill La Kill
    Gurren Lagann

Last edited: Aug 15, 2015
  10. polleo

polleo You're gonna carry that weight. LPA Super Member

I've been watching cowboy bebop. Just so awesome.

11. Alexrednex

Alexrednex Well-Known Member

Tried to watch Steins Gate but couldn't get into it.
    What is wrong with me?

12. Jesse

Something very very serious. I mean, it's steins;gate. It's impossible to not like. :/

@SUJANA Cowboy bebop is amazeballs.

See you, space cowboy...

Last edited: Aug 15, 2015
  13. Vic

Vic No game no life

Steins;gate starts really slow (still love it tho) but then it gets incredible. Among my favorites too, you should give it a chance I promise you won't regret it @Alexrednex

14. polleo

Agree.

15. Xero-G

Xero-G Reborn LP Fan, and plan to stay that way.

I've mostly caught up with Naruto: Shippuden, just have to see the latest three or so episodes and eventually watch the New Chunin Exams Arc. I did watch the entire original Naruto series.

Lately, Bleach has been the only show I've been watching. Even its filler arcs (not canonical to the manga) tend to be quite well done. I just finished watching the Hueco Mundo Fierce Fight Arc, which ended on episode 167, so I have quite a ways to go. Like someone mentioned earlier, I hope that either the original animation studio or a different one will pick up where the anime left off, as the manga is still ongoing. If this doesn't happen, I'll just start reading the manga once I finish the anime to get the rest of the story.

16. LazorCozmic

LazorCozmic Banned

17. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Yes. Or, at the very least, it's extremely anime-influenced.

18. LohithMohan

LohithMohan It's like I'm paranoid...or am I?

Anime is technically the term for such things made in Japan. Just like how comics in Japan are called manga.
    The art style is very anime-ish though. And by anime-ish, I mean japanese.

19. polleo

I just finished watching cowboy bebop and I am going through so many emotions right now. Holy shit, what a show. Those final episodes were just so dark. Everything feels so melancholic, man.

See you soon, space cowboy...

---

Also, am I missing anything by not watching the movie?

20. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

The "Breaking The Habit" video was worked on in Japan; it was drawn at a Japanese animation studio over the course of months, as seen here.