Darker Than Blood To Premiere April 13th

Discussion in 'News' started by Kevin, Apr 10, 2015.

1. Keyboard Warrior

Keyboard Warrior Well-Known Member

So who won in Mortal Kombat?

2. MattLP

MattLP No control No surprise

Thank god THP wasnt a commerical success and didnt sell well

3. brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

I definitely hear autotune in Mike's vocals during the bridge, which I don't mind because it kind of fits with the song. Actually, the more I think about it, it might not be autotune and some other vocal effect (but I'm not certain on that because I'm not knowledgable enough to say for certain).

Last edited: Apr 14, 2015
  4. crazygolfer

crazygolfer Well-Known Member

Pretty sure I'm alone on this, but I would love for them to go into an 80's synthy electro sound on the next album. I wish they would modernize that sound, similar to what they did in THP.

Something like this would be amazing IMO:

https://youtu.be/XxfQEZXRPNQ

Last edited: Apr 14, 2015
  5. Harlz

Harlz More Scared Of You Than You Are Of Me LPA Super Member

mehhhh, its fine.

6. Nicholas

Nicholas Well-Known Member

I feel like this is one of those songs that gets better with each listen. I'd say it's currently my new "jam". The 2nd half in particular :wub:

I'd love that, actually. I've liked every electronic styled effort they've put forth so far. I specifically want the next album to have a dark tone/theme to it. I think the instrumental you posted is a good example of that, although obviously something a little less scary. I would like more songs like Castle of Glass, a moody electronic/folk like album sounds great to me.

7. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

[​IMG]
    Shinoda. He won five matches, Aoki won one.

8. brady

I swear to God if I read one more comment about how you can't hate the song or Linkin Park because it's Steve Aoki FEATURING Linkin Park, I'm going to flip.

9. Abel

Abel Chester Bennington saved my life.

[​IMG]
    Yup, I love this song now. I already liked it before, but this is definitely a grower. Haven't stopped listening to it since it first came out.

10. Reed To Black

Reed To Black Prog, bro.

This song is so groovy :rastamike: But since it's not at #1 on the charts yet I'm just gonna delete it.

11. Captain-EO

Captain-EO Also Prog Nerd Now, Thanks Gibs LPA Super Member

Good. :jesse:

Delete it from existence.

I actually like the song lawl

12. Reed To Black

Reed To Black Prog, bro.

Not even worthy of my storage. Mike doesn't rap, and Chester doesn't even scream. :turrible:

13. Star Scream

Star Scream Does A Machine Like You Ever Experience Fear

I had low expectations for this song since it was Steve Aoki feat. LP but the song is like a bedtime track. its boring, generic and its like a "give me my pay check" sort of song. I didn't even download it for free. Anyone from LPA (since they all have damn talent with remixes) can take the vocals and make their own remix and it would be 100 times better than what Steve Aoki made. My standard opinion obviously.

14. MagmaXtreme

MagmaXtreme Well-Known Member

I really enjoy 80s synth pop, I just hope LP will push themselves beyond having a different sound each album, because despite past efforts they feel a little formulaic sometimes. It would be great to hear something totally unexpected from both rhythmically and sonically, ATS was the closest they got to this.

Now about Darker Than The Blood:

Not surprised Steve Aoki made a generic EDM track with uninspired rhythms and melodies, this really employs the very same ideas as thousands of other tracks, hence lacking creativity. Hard to debate why it would be worth listening to it unless you simply enjoy it and you like hearing LP in this genre of music.

Sometimes I wonder where the innovation really happens in EDM, I'm sure there's more than just people like Deadmau5 and Gareth Emery who play with different sounds and rhythms than what you expect to hear out there.

Anyway I was disinterested in the song while listening to it, it's forgettable and uninspiring. This taking 2 years to make probably meant it was put on the back burner for a while until Steve decided to rehash some typical characteristics of an EDM song with a slightly 'darker' touch, which I don't think is worth giving much credit to be honest. ALTNC was a bit more interesting vocally and instrumentally, despite being forgettable to an extent as well (though there were some stellar remixes to come from it).

Really hoping something arises with Fort Minor this year, I know I've said this before but I feel Mike hasn't been making strides in his rapping over the past few years, one of the reasons it would be 'expected' for him to rap on a new LP song, as we know his style. It was a good choice to have Rakim on GATS, but I think if Mike built his repertoire of rapping skills he would be able to deliver something different, fresh and interesting with his lyrics each album. He might have tried on Wastelands, but that effort seems to have fallen short.

Otherwise I'll be waiting for the new STP album I guess...

15. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

It diffuses slowly over time. Listen to popular dance music from the late 90s, and, then, listen to any tracks that have come from acts like Aoki, Skrillz, Zedd or anyone in the dance realm during the last five years.

16. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Not that it's going to make a difference, because the band is still going to make the music they want to make.

17. lukidtm

lukidtm Member

[video=youtube;nPtxGC95LxE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPtxGC95LxE&feature=youtu.be[/video]

lyric video is up!

18. brady

Those mother fuckers rhymed "fall" with "fall." What the hell, guys?

Moving on, that video looked really cool. Loving the look of it.

19. Alexrednex

Alexrednex Well-Known Member

That fucks up the rhyme scheme, so I really think that is a mistake.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2015
  20. LeMooree

LeMooree Active Member

Second "fall" is actually "fold".