Marvel's Netflix Universe

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by The Joesen One, Mar 30, 2015.

Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

Also I believe foggy mentions captain America by name...

travz21

travz21 Muscle Museum LPA Super Member

I didn't like the final suit at all.

I felt that a bunch of things were mishandled the last half of the season. Still good, but didn't live up to the potential the first half set up. It also dragged on a few episodes too long. They ran out of story to tell and kept retreading.

Agent

Agent Formerly known as Agent Sideburns LPA Über VIP

^ Yeah I'm not a fan of the final suit either. In fact I was really getting used to the vigilante suit. It looked far more menacing and complimented his agile nature. The sudden switch to the new suit with horns felt very... jarring.

I hope they update it in the next season.

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

Re: Daredevil's suit.

The suit was three episodes in the making. It's not like Murdock visited Potter at the beginning of episode 13 and then went to get the suit halfway through. Murdock knew the only way he'd be able to take down the Kingpin was with the armored suit.

On top of that, Potter tells Murdock the suit isn't finished, but Murdock tells him it'll do for now. He needed it right away, otherwise he might've waited longer.

There's no chance it's the final suit. Captain America's suit has gone through several numerations itself. I can see Daredevil's final suit looking more like Cap's S.H.I.E.L.D. suit from The Winter Soldier when all's said and done.

travz21

He needs covered eyes like his vigilante suit. That was badass.

Alexrednex

Alexrednex Well-Known Member

Alright, Alright.
    I must admit, the first few episodes didn't impress me much but once we got to episode 3/4 the show gets really good.
    Even through I feel like this show has many flaws and things that could have been better, I must admit how much they got right.
    Especially Wilson Fish, he's such an awesome antagonist.
    Vanessa on the other hand... Her character development towards the end was... A little rushed but what ever.
    Overall great show.

Gibs

Gibs The Prog Nerd Über Member

[​IMG]

The Joesen One

The Joesen One Fun-employed LPA Super Member

You guys have to know Spanish/Filipino to get this. :lol:

Will

I can't believe how many people I've come across on various sites who are complaining Murdock doesn't act "blind enough," like they missed an entire episode (you know which one I mean). It's incredibly ridiculous.

That'd be like complaining about how Thor doesn't come across as "magical enough" in Thor before he proves himself worthy of wielding Mjolnir once again.

Abel

Abel Chester Bennington saved my life.

Melvin HAS pointed out that the suit wasn't finished yet, but considering it was impervious enough to fend off Kingpin, Matt had to take it. So like Will said, maybe the actual suit will come next season.

This. They DO realize Matt has said "There are other ways you can see" multiple times in multiple variations throughout the season, right?

I really want that "Avocados at Law" picture on a shirt or tank. :lol:

Anyways, here's the stunning opening title sequence in case you wanted to see it again or haven't gotten a start on the show yet. (what are you waiting for?!)
    [video=youtube;KFYFh8w4758]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFYFh8w4758[/video]

Will

A lot of people have said the opening sequence reminds them of Hannibal (I've never seen it) but I thought several people who worked on Hannibal also worked on Daredevil? I might be wrong.

The music itself reminded me of the House theme, "Teardrop" by Massive Attack, personally.

Gibs

Gibs The Prog Nerd Über Member

Oh, it's totally the Hannibal title sequence.

[video=youtube;kW9ymK2yhG8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kW9ymK2yhG8[/video]

I thought of it immediatly once I saw Daredevil's credits. :lol:

Will

I'd meant that I hadn't seen Hannibal at all. I've seen the opening sequence though since I'd been reading all the comparisons between the two.

The only reason I brought it up was because I thought some people from Hannibal also worked on Daredevil and that's why a lot of the cinematography (and indeed the opening sequence) were so similar.

That's probably one of my biggest complaints, how dark lighting-wise a lot of the scenes were. I've got a really nice TV and I still had to jack up my brightness for some scenes.

The Joesen One

The guys who made the opening sequence of Hannibal and Daredevil also made True Detective's opening.

jare0674

jare0674 There's a seat here along side me...

Marvel has confirmed a second season for next year! I just hope it doesn't delay any of the other Netflix shows.

travz21

Now if they can just get more Arrested Development my life will be set.

jare0674

jare0674 There's a seat here along side me...

Will

Different people are working on each show.

Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

Pretty awesome. I didn't think it would come til after The Defenders but apparently it's coming next year. So possibly we get Luke Cage, Daredevil and Iron fist all in 2016 as I believe AKA Jessica Jones will release maybe September of this year. Defenders in April 2017 is the earlier, is my bet and that is if they don't give the other series second seasons which they very well could if received well enough.

Shame DeKnight has other plans but the 2 new showrunners are a big part of the first season and seem very competent. Also maybe the guy is gonna do Iron Fist. That'd be awesome!

The more seasons Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage and Iron fist get, presumably the longer the wait for The Defenders we will have, thus it could possibly cause the greatest of delays.

The Joesen One

Steven S. DeKnight is stepping down as showrunner, and Douglas Pietre (who wrote "Stick", "The Path of the Righteous" and "The Ones We Leave Behind") and Marco Ramirez (who wrote "Rabbit in a Snowstorm" and "Condemned") will replace him.