Marvel's Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by Hybrid, Apr 10, 2014.

1. Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

I couldn't care less about Raina (she's become very annoying) or Mack (his "betrayal" destroyed Fitz and Fitz is probably my second favorite character, so fuck him) anymore, and Gonzalez has annoyed me from the go. I hope they don't kill off Deathlok, though; J. August Richards has played the MCU version of the character very well and I'd like to see him come back as a permanent member of the team. I guess we'll find out what happens in the end, though.

2. The Joesen One

The Joesen One Fun-employed LPA Super Member

The fb page alluded and/or confirmed that Cobie Smulders' guest spot will be this week's episode.

After watching AoU, this (and the events of the episode) makes perfect sense. And I'll be surprised if Hydra isn't eradicated by the end of the season.

3. Will

Mm. I <3 me some Robin Sparkles. Super gorgeous.

What were we talking about again?

4. The Joesen One

i KNEW IT I KNEW IT I KNEW IT

As someone who has seen AoU, IT ALL MAKES SENSE!!!!!!!!!

And we obviously know how the final episodes will play out:

http://variety.com/2015/tv/news/age...ultron-crossover-maria-hill-cameo-1201482909/

"Conflict? There’s no conflict! Gonzales is great everything is fine what are you talking about nothing to see here. The last eps are just the gang sitting around the fire, singing songs, eating marshmallows. And…… question answered."

Last edited: Apr 29, 2015
  5. polleo

polleo You're gonna carry that weight. LPA Super Member

Well, am I the only one who thinks Ward actually seems to care for Kara? Whatever, I think he likes her. If he was just gonna use her, he wouldn't have had to go so far, she was just as brainwashed as Bakshi and Ward could have turned on her and just controlled her like a muppet long ago. I'm not saying he doesn't have an agenda, dude probably does, but it seems to me, he actually has feelings for the woman nevertheless.

Also this, http://variety.com/2015/tv/news/age...ultron-crossover-maria-hill-cameo-1201482909/

Also that Skye fight scene was awesome. Fun.

And Jemma Simmons in this episode was just crazy. I guess, I have to agree with Gibs that the show has gotten a lot better. She went from kind of a stereotype to a person with strong opinions, a conflicting morality and this slightly scary intensity :lol:

6. The Joesen One

YEEEEESSSSSS

Shame Kevin Tancharoen is no longer directing any episodes this season, but I hope he stays for next season.

What the heck, of course he is, he's the showrunner's brother.

[video=youtube;2MUKXSEBBZQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MUKXSEBBZQ[/video]

And yes, this was all Chloe Bennet.

7. Gibs

Gibs The Prog Nerd Über Member

That episode was an absolute blast. Seeing the original team back, but with a completely different dynamic, was great. And Skye's fight scene? YES.

8. Moridin

Moridin Death Contagious Deity

Last couple of eps have been damn good. Skye's John Wick sequence from last night was excellent. Probably the best action sequence of the season, followed by May vs May (also done by Tancheroen)

Last edited: Apr 29, 2015
  9. Will

This is Ward we're talking about. He spent the majority of the first season pretending to have feelings for Skye (at least, I maintain he was pretending there, regardless of what he says about it) and using the team. I wouldn't put anything past him. I think he's using Agent 33, but I've got no idea what his endgame could be. He knows she's broken and he's taking advantage of that.

10. polleo

Like I quoted before :),

I guess they're failing at their goal because no one seems to be buying it :lol: Or maybe he twisted his words and it actually means something else. That would be annoying, yes if Whedon did that. I hope that's not true.

Also, Raina seems like she's getting a bit vicious to me? I wonder what's going on with her. I don't want her to turn into a villain again but that's because I'm such a lame softie, lol.

11. Will

I have no idea why I thought that part of your post had nothing to do with the part of your post that I quoted. :lol: My apologies.

12. Will

So... who's got ideas for what Fury's hiding?

I stumbled across a neat theory I hadn't considered (although I hadn't considered anything, really): It's a terrigen bomb. Theta Protocol is Avengers Academy and they're going to set off a terrigen bomb to try to awaken as many Inhumans as they possibly can at once and then steal them all away to train them as Avengers.

I haven't seen the last two episodes yet so I don't know how realistic/accurate that is. But it sounds cool as fuck.

13. travz21

travz21 Muscle Museum LPA Super Member

That does sound cool. Doesn't sound like something Fury or Coulson would do though. That would be a huge clusterfuck.

14. Will

I agree; it seems unlikely, but I like the idea.

I'll have to get caught up on the last two episodes and tonight's episode before I come up with my own theories as to what's going on. I can't wait to see what's in store for Skye. She's quickly become one of my favorite characters after I hated her for most of the first season and only vaguely cared about her for most of this season.

15. The Joesen One

S%&# IS ABOUT TO GO DOWN!!!!!!! Also, I totally called Gonzales' death. It's just how he died that was unexpected. I'm happy Ward's a villain again, and the show has serious balls if he dies. I'm shocked also that Jiaying was a villain-ish all this time as well.

16. Gibs

Gibs The Prog Nerd Über Member

I must say, Theta Protocol was a bit disappointing, but at least it fixed one of the problems I had with Age Of Ultron :lol: Also, It was a great misdirection to have Gonzales's ominous sounding "insurance policy" just be a gift of good faith, and Jaiying actually be the evil one.

Another thing worth noting (which I don't see a lot of people talking about online) is how there were clear seeds / references given for Civil War. It's funny in a way how S.H.I.E.L.D. seems to be on the side of controlling super-humans / superheros because of Stark's actions, yet Stark will be taking their side once Civil War drops.

The only thing I have a problem with currently is how they're making May become extremely unlikable.

Last edited: May 6, 2015
  17. polleo

Spoilers for the episode below:-

wow, this episode. Lots of unexpected stuff man. At-least for me. Also fuck me for taking that Joss Whedon interview literally, jeez, you can't trust these people. I guess Ward just wants to help Kara but what exactly are they trying? Doesn't make sense.I was hoping Kara wouldn't betray shield but I guess that's inevitable. Mack's left but eh, its not like he's an interesting character. Also that Jiyang-Gonzales thing was bad. I can't believe Raina was going to be diplomatic and Jiyang would be villainous. Who saw that coming? That scene made me feel bad for him.

Gibs, I'm sure May and Coulson will turn normal again, reminds me of the Fitz-Simmons conflict earlier this season. Also, I wonder if we'll get to see how Jemma's "accident"(I don't know what to call it) has affected her soon :leo:

Just one question though, how was Kara pretending to be May when May was also on another jet? Don't they have to communicate with each other? I don't know how to phrase it but wouldn't people be suspicious if May could pilot two jets at once?

18. The Joesen One

I have a theory on why Agent 33 & Ward ambushed Mockingbird:

I remember Bakshi while he was incarcerated mentioning that Bobbi had to do terrible things to earn the trust of Hydra. What if that "terrible thing" is Bobbi ratting out Agent 33 and turning her into the brainwashed monster she is today to earn Hydra's trust? It makes sense, and can be the final step towards Agent 33's closure.

Also, the poster for "S.O.S. Part One" is out. http://www.ew.com/article/2015/05/0...ield-art-evolution-sets-stage-intense-finale#

[thumb]http://www.ew.com/sites/default/files/i/%5Bcurrent-date%3Acustom%3AY%5D/%5Bcurrent-date%3Acustom%3Am%5D/%5Bcurrent-date%3Acustom%3Ad%5D/agengsofsheild2.jpg[/thumb]

Last edited: May 6, 2015
  19. Will

Personally, I haven't liked May since the first episode of the first season. I can't stand her character. Sure, she's a bad ass and genuinely seems to care for Coulson, but aside from that? I hate her.

edit —

I watched the last three episodes so I'm finally caught up. Like I said before the edit, I hate May; the last three episodes didn't change that.

Anyway:

Theta Protocol was disappointing. I'm interested to know what that... thing... on the ship was. At first I thought it was the gravitonium, but it's clearly not. Once Jaiying learned S.H.I.E.L.D. had whatever it was, you could tell they were going to do whatever it took to get it back. Then it all fell into place, with S.H.I.E.L.D. wanting to meet with the Inhumans. Her killing Gonzalez and making it seem like he attacked her, that was insane. It'll be interesting to see how Skye deals with this, whether she believes Gonzalez attacked Jaiying or not. I can't wait.

Also, I'm interested to see how the Ward/Kara storyline plays out. Right now, it just seems like they're there just to be there; they don't feel like they're a part of the storyline, even when they are interacting with the main characters and storyline.

The biggest plot hole I've noticed so far is how no one else noticed that May was flying both jets. I get why it was done for the show, but it made no sense to me, unless I missed an explanation in the episode. The only thing I can think of is that Kara-as-May told Mockingbird they needed to scout ahead, and Mockingbird had no cause to believe she was actually Kara-as-May and not May herself. (Although now that I type that out, I think that's exactly what happened: May wasn't told to scout ahead; she was always only supposed to be on Gonzalez's plane.)

Last edited: May 7, 2015
  20. polleo

Oi, I read an interview with the executive producer(Jeff) which said the reason she's angry is because Coulson talked to her ex. If you want, try to find it. :lol: