The Linkin Park Underground discussion thread

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by minuteforce, May 28, 2015.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

[​IMG]

We discuss the LPU every now and again in relevant news threads; right now, however, they're not too frequent and, usually, I think those discussions stay pretty specific and narrow (as they probably should). I wanna hear what both fanclub members and non-members here think of the Linkin Park Underground fanclub outside of any particular news topics.

Two questions in particular from me:

• what's appealing or unappealing to you about the fanclub's offerings right now?
    • if you're a member, what do you feel you're getting out of your membership and do you plan to renew it at the next available chance?
    And just branch out from there, I guess, and say whatever you wanna say. Mainly, I'd like a show of hands as to who's in the fanclub since I have no idea how many of you are LPU'ers. :)

Personally, I'm not a member and never have been. At the moment, it's because chats with band members aren't something I'm crazy-excited about, and because pre-sale tickets don't mean a whole to me since it's first-come-first-serve getting room on the floor at a show anyway.

Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

I think the LPU is a cool idea for a band like LP to interact to the fans more directly. Sadly i havent the possibility to sign up in the LPU, because i dont have a Paypal account (and i dont want to make some). I think there should be a easier and better way to sign up. Especially if youi want win some M&G, which is pretty cool and amazing by the band to do such things. And the whole LPU albums are pretty cool too. Cant say more about the LPU yet, because i am not a member, but i definitely would sign up if i had the chance too :)

Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

I've only ever been part of the LPU for a very short time where they had some free trials. Obviously as I am not a member now it can be said that I did not see the cost-feature benefit essential enough to consider actually paying for a subscription.

The chats are a good idea in theory but we rarely get any great information from them. I think in the early ATS era the chats were great and you didn't even need to be part of the LPU to access them. I even got mentioned by Mike on both video and on his blog... and talked to him on this DJ site, I forget the name.

The CDs, they're quickly released on Youtube anyway and I don't feel it's worth it to pay such a high price for only that so I stream them instead.

Anyway, LPU, nah man.

(Edit: I just want to clarify I don't think the LPU is a bad idea. I just don't personally feel that it's worth the cost to me. It's a very cool thing in and of it self though)

Linkin Park Underground was a Mistake. It's nothing but trash.

Last edited: May 28, 2015
    limonpower

limonpower Well-Known Member

I've been trying to join, but the Ground(ctrl) page to join is messed up. The continue button at the bottom of the order page is always greyed out :/

minuteforce

They'd have support for this kind of thing, wouldn't they?

limonpower

limonpower Well-Known Member

Not that I could find. I'm sure I'll figure it out soon enough :/

Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

I think i will buy a membership if they will come again on a tour to Germany. Atleast once i want to see the modern guitar god without smartphones in my face .

Lotus

Lotus LPA VIP LPA VIP

The reason I joined the LPU was so that I could get early entry to the Paris show a few months ago, which worked out great seeing as I was at the barricade. For people like me (living in Europe), the LPU is great for things like pre-sale tickets, early entry, M&G opportunities and the LPU Summits (kudos to whoever thought of that). But they aren't really incentives to join for people living in India for example, where LP never plays. Nor are LPUTV's and the LPU CD's, seeing as you can view and listen to that stuff on Youtube anyway (not exactly LPU's fault, but still).

LPU chats is something that I've got mixed feelings about. On the one hand I think it's a great opportunity for people to be able to talk to the band, but on the other hand the chats are always so crowded and full of moronic comments and questions that the chance of your question being answered is not that big. Plus the information you get from those chats a lot of the time just isn't very interesting.

Overall I think the worth of the LPU really depends on where you live. If you're able to attend LP shows regularly I think it's great, but I personally don't really see the point on spending money on a membership if you never/rarely get to seem them live. I do have to say that I really appreciate the effort the band and the people responsible for LPU put into creating something special for the fans.

lorenzoerr

lorenzoerr Active Member

Thanks everyone.

Lulu and I will make sure to help anyway we can. We appreciate your time for letting us know how we can make the LPU better.

-Lorenzo

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

Hey Lorenzo,

Minus from the Houston Summit here. Wondering if you need a mic distributor for Q&As. Also if Joe has taken some thought into me and him starting a cover band with the lead single "Free Ballin'". Thanks!

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

I've been a member of the LPU since the year 1+2 membership was available. I am in a handful group of people that have every year's LPU packages. I will be renewing my membership for LPU 14 when I am able to pay for it to continue my ever growing LPU collection. I've been pretty happy with the memberships throughout the years despite having log in issues with Spark Art and buying the LPU Packages through Best Buy and having the redemption code not work quite right...

BTorio

BTorio Well-Known Member

I got a membership for when I saw them at SSMF and I loved it. The meetup was fun and the reserved section in front of the stage made it totally worth it. IO think the reserved section in front of the stage is something that should happen at all the festivals, since sometimes festivals have blocked off pits and stuff for VIPs (at least, one festival I've been to had this much to my surprise, and I was really bummed).

Underground music is great of course. LPUTV ranges from being very short and/or uninteresting to really cool stuff like the last thing they released (Chester's vocals on two chainz).

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

My attitude on the LPU is that while it has certainly faltered at times during the years (lets just forget LPUX please :lol:), the fanclub has made massive attempts to try and improve overall fan experiences over the last few years. Case in point, the new M&G system that debuted at the 2012 Camden Summit...which was also one of the best summits the band ever did. In the old format, the band sat behind a table and fans had to walk down the table like an assembly line to have their items get signed and maybe speak to the band for a brief second before the fan behind them or the security guard pushed them along. It was impersonal, it felt cold and it made for some very awkward experiences because some fans were too star struck to say anything before they were pushed along.

In the new system, the fans create a very large circle. Band members individually walk from fan to fan, talk to them while signing their stuff...and occasionally take a quick photo with the fan they're speaking to before saying hello to the next fan. Being literally face to face with the fans and engaging in that personal fan interaction is such a upgrade from the way the meets used to be, that it's hard to fathom why they didn't do it that way all along. Granted the last summer tour (2014) was a complete clusterscrew due to three groups of fans (VIP, IAVA and LPU) all being crammed into one M&G, but as far as I know that was resolved for this year. So overall, the LPU has been making great strides to be better.

lime treacle

lime treacle You are not alone Über Member

^Didn't know about that new system, seems cool!

Majorfort

Majorfort Active Member

A lurker here, been with the LPU since 2.0 till LPUX lost interest and never signed back up. Meet them for 2 M&G plus the Summit in Hamburg.
    Reasons for not resigning were for one the price, lack of exclusive news or "stuff to do" on their site. Heck you fan sites produce more news than the LPU.com and LP.com combined.
    The only thing that really got me resigning, in the non-touring years. were the CD's and the LPU forums.
    But even now the CD'S are quickly being uploaded on YouTube. And IMO lots of Instrumental stuff aren't that interesting. Beside ofc full song.
    BTW kinda bad that they currently neglecting their regular YouTube channel. (Last real video was a month ago and only 3 mins?!) The only thing I saw on their FB page were "random" THP stuff on the LPU video gallery.

Sounds like the system Metallica uses for many years.

Maybe I'm spoiled by watching too many Metallica tour videos, but why can't LP do it? Yes I can see the reasoning, for it Metallica, maybe got a small camera crew, while LP got Mark and [insert name here].

p.s. sorry if my post, got typos or is not understandable.

Queef

Queef Banned

lp undergrounds is the worst, they ban you for making jokes about chester

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

minuteforce

Pretty brief. I didn't want any of those merch options

iPodwithnomusic

iPodwithnomusic Lift me up, Let me go

I have never been a member of LPU, I actually just found out about it around a year ago, and all the merchandise was for LPU 14 stuff, which looks pretty ugly to me. Also, the CD didn't have many tracks that were interesting to me, so I figured it wouldn't be worth it to buy.

If the LPU 15 stuff looks better and the album has some good songs on it, then I would probably buy it.

By good songs, here's what I'm hoping for: :)
    - Victimized demo with gang vocals
    - Guilty All The Same studio version with Mike rapping
    - All For Nothing demo
    - Any other demos with vocals

Last edited: Aug 18, 2015
    JonasTheRoman

JonasTheRoman Well-Known Member

Literally everyone is hoping for demos with vocals, I guess. :lol: