"Welcome" Fort Minor's Return with First Song in Nearly Ten Years

Discussion in 'News' started by Zane, Jun 22, 2015.

Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

My only minor complaint is that I wish there was a 3rd verse. I love the instrumental bridge, but one last verse after it would have really made the song. I still really dig this though.

Also, I believe that Mike thinks he won't do more FM for a while, but I could definitely see him changing his mind now that he's actually dropped this song. If the reaction is positive enough, it may sway him to make at least an EP. I don't think that many people would complain if LP7 got delayed for a new FM project. Hell, I'm sure the band themselves wouldn't give two shits and would probably enjoy extra time to rest with their families and friends.

TEGCRocco

TEGCRocco The LPL Invader

I wouldn't mind at all. The band needs to take a break and stop trying to put an album out every two years. I think an extra year off to recharge both physically and mentally would be good for them. Let Chester do his STP thing, and Mike can pursue FM a little more.

hawk

hawk because the internet LPA Super VIP

haven't heard the song yet but it's nice to see the periscope chat is full of people asking if the band will tour in their country. never change lp fans.

Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

Mike just said in the Periscope chat that he WILL be playing this at Linkin Park shows. Can't wait to hear it in 9 days at Summerfest!

The Joesen One

The Joesen One Fun-employed LPA Super Member

Some of the raps are kinda awkward, but I'm digging the song overall. It's how 2015 FM should sound like.

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

Eh. I don't mind the song. The beat's better than anything off The Rising Tied. But Mike's channeling Kendrick and Cudi and that's disappointing because he should be aiming for his own rapping style. And the way he annunciates some words makes it sound like he's got a mouth full of garbage.

But it's good to hear new Fort Minor after all these years.

TheZlajaZlo

TheZlajaZlo Closing LPA Super Member

Meh.

thelastdisciple

thelastdisciple Active Member

I hate to sound ungrateful or that I'm entitled to anything, he doesn't owe us anything and really i shouldn't be complaining since the song was released for free but really.....REALLY?!

The hype, the live performance on Conan, the merch, the upcoming music video. For just ONE SONG?! AFTER NEARLY TEN YEARS?.............

I'm happy that there's something new but I'm finding it hard not to feel a bit disappointed at the same time.

Knt.Slbs

Knt.Slbs Well-Known Member

"History repeats itself"

I'm not expecting an album or an EP from FM but if it does then that's good. This would be the perfect time that LP will take a long break before pre-production phase for LP7 (reminiscing MTM). take time to compose, to create new sound, a fresh sound & a new producer for the band.

MattLP

MattLP No control No surprise

I wounder what Mike has more passion for FM or LP

Broman

Broman Well-Known Member

I didn't care much for TRT with a couple exceptions, but this is a nice surprise. I really dig the track and bought it immediately on Itunes. Hope to hear it at summerfest soon!

Kevin

Kevin A Pattern To Be Followed. LPA Administrator

Periscope stream recording.

[video=youtube;SEaJD1TmR1E]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEaJD1TmR1E[/video]​

In the video he confirms that the song will be played at Linkin Park shows, no other songs or an album are planned, he will be playing some shows, he did EVERYTHING on the song.

hybrid1988

hybrid1988 Fever Daydream

I was hoping for the same thing. I figured if Mike went balls deep with FM then Chester could do STP and LP could rest and rejuvenate themselves. I feel this 2 year album release isn't really helping the music much. But that's my highly subjective opinion and I digress...

Abel

Abel Chester Bennington saved my life.

I freaking love this. This is probably the first FM song that really hits home for me.

I'm so happy Fort Minor's back.

raptors661

raptors661 Active Member

Where's the preorder for the vinyl? I'm not seeing it anywhere.

Knt.Slbs

Yeah, at first Post-ATS era, we were excited that we're getting new album every two years but in the long run, it felt rushed, it felt we are having a "Two-Year Album Syndrome", feeling fatigue, tired, whatever. it's time for the band to take a rest and they deserve that.

MattLP

MattLP No control No surprise

How many albums do you think LP has in them before they call it quits?

iamsatan

iamsatan Well-Known Member

Knt.Slbs

As long as the band desires to make and make and make new music in the future.. They just only scratched the surface, you know. There are lots of styles that the band haven't touched on. If they call it quits, the culminating record will be Hybrid Theory, Part III. I'm calling it.

Alexrednex

Alexrednex Well-Known Member

I like the song but the rap parts seem a little empty of substance(I am a grown-ass-man y'all are children - LOL).
    Anyway I am not complaining, the production is damn good and Mike sounds great on the chorus.
    The instrumental bridge was was pretty neat as well.

Kind of disappointed we won't get a new album - but it seems like Mike was really passionate about getting this song out, which I respect.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2015