DC Cinematic Universe

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by Gibs, Oct 15, 2014.

1. Alexrednex

Alexrednex Well-Known Member

I presume that you know, that the reason why Nolan's/Bale's version of Batman was "weak" is because that universe was grounded in reality. That has nothing to do with Bale's performance but rather the script and universe they were building. I personally prefer seeing Batman as a HUMAN, a stealthy detective, that has to be smart and selective in order to take people out.
    Snyder's/Affleck's version of Batman has to stand toe to toe with Superman and his army, so of cause he is going to be up-scaled in terms of power, basically turning into a superhuman.
    Who needs stealth and brains when you can dodge lasers that travel at the speed of light?
    And in the same universe I have to buy the fact that no one can see the the resemblance between Clark Kent and Superman(who is on news 24/7).
    I guess it only makes sense, that people won't notice a 1.92 m. tall guy in a gray costume jumping off the rooftops.

Basically I feel like BvS is going to be a great comic book movie(I mean it's Batman and Superman) but I am very uncertain it will be a great, cohesive movie that can stand toe to toe with great movies in general(Like The Dark Knight actually managed to do).
    With that said, I am excited to see Batman and Superman kickass and face off against each other(see Marvel) in a more serious tone(while still being kind of ridiculous when you think about it).

Last edited: Jul 12, 2015
  2. MKH

MKH Bat of Gotham LPA Super VIP

^ That was pretty much perfect.

3. Broman

Broman Well-Known Member

4. Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

WB's decided to release the SDCC-exclusive trailer for Suicide Squad online in lieu of the leaked footage from their presentation.

[youtube]PLLQK9la6Go[/youtube]

I still think the Joker looks incredibly stupid, but Jared Leto's gonna kill it, man.

5. Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

I'm sorry, did you just say Bale's Batman was smart and selective? Yeah, no.

Batfleck is going to be the closest thing we'll see to a stealthy detective, based on what we've seen and that has me excited.

6. Will

I agree. I liked Christian Bale as Batman, but that's because I love Christian Bale as an actor in general. As far as I'm concerned, the man can do no wrong. But the scripts for each movie in the Dark Knight trilogy didn't play Batman up as a super-sleuth and didn't particularly focus on Batman in general, if you think about it. Then again, I'm not too big a fan of the Dark Knight trilogy as it is. I like Batman Begins for what it is, and I really only like The Dark Knight because of Heath Ledger's performance as the Joker...and I hated (yes, hated) The Dark Knight Rises.

I think, since this Batman's clearly based on The Dark Knight Returns comic, this Batman's going to be the best portrayal on screen. Like you said, based on what we've seen so far, Affleck's going to do just fine as Batman.

7. Alexrednex

Alexrednex Well-Known Member

No, I didn't.
    But I actually think he portrayed that side of Batman pretty well in the first two movies, even through the script weren't always on Batman's side.
    I also said he was a human. Humans have flaws and make mistakes, that is what makes them interesting.
    I won't judge BvS before it comes out. Remember how great the MoS trailer was?
    Now compare that to the finished product.
    Went from a masterpiece trailer to a decent movie. I must say they seem to be covering up a lot of the flaws with the first movie.
    But then again I am still worried about how they are going to fit it all in just one movie.

And btw WHAT in the trailer makes Batman look stealthy?
    When he took out an army in the desert in a straight up fist fight?
    When he climped into his mech suit before his fist fight with Superman?
    I didn't see any stealthy action.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2015
  8. brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

This gets me excited. And Harley Quinn looks fucking crazy.

9. Agent

Agent Formerly known as Agent Sideburns LPA Über VIP

Suicide Squad looks bonkers!

10. Decay

Decay Well-Known Member

I'm really excited for Suicide Squad. I have faith in David Ayer.

Zack Snyder, not so much. I know better than to get crazy excited from the BvS trailer, which looks good, since the same could be said for MoS, which also had good trailers and I really didn't like that movie. The movie looks incredibly crowded as well so eh, we'll see.

11. Agent

Agent Formerly known as Agent Sideburns LPA Über VIP

Story and screenplay by Chris Terio though. Not Goyer who did MoS.

12. Will

There's a solid theory floating around that Jared Leto's not playing the original Joker, but rather Jason Todd, who's taken up the mantle of the Joker after having killed the original Joker, as well as having killed Dick Grayson and Commissioner Gordon, all in a convoluted, misguided attempt to get back at Batman for allowing him (Jason) to die at the hands of the original Joker before being resurrected by Ra's al Ghul via the Lazarus Pit.

edit —

A supporting piece of evidence for this is the mannequin with a Robin suit on it, defaced with "THE JOKE'S ON YOU BATMAN" — but the mannequin's been positioned in such a way as to be holding an iron bar of some kind, perhaps the same iron bar (if not a crowbar) that the Joker used to beat Jason to death in the first place. I'd imagine Batman put the suit on a mannequin holding the killing weapon as a way to remind him of one of his greatest failures. There's also the newspaper clipping of the destruction of Wayne Tower (or at least, the Wayne Tower in Metropolis) with "YOU LET YOUR FAMILY DIE" scrawled across it, directly referencing Death in the Family, the arc in which the Joker kills Jason.

There's also superficial evidence: The "J" tattoo on the Joker's face either stands for, duh, "Joker," or it could stand for "Jason," as a way for Jason to remind himself who he really is; then, there's the tattoo of a bird on his right bicep, possibly a robin, to remind himself of his time as Batman's sidekick, Robin. The other tattoos could be explained just as easily, as the Lazarus Pit itself could've caused him to descend into madness, and he got the tattoos to remind himself who he is, but the tattoos just got weirder and weirder, crazier and crazier each time.

Lastly, it's been rumored for a long time now that Commissioner Gordon's dead in this movie universe, and we've all seen the supposed set pics of Dick's grave. It all comes together rather nicely.

It's one of the few tinfoil-hat theories I really like, and it's one of the few that I think has a chance of being true, if nothing else than to give the Joker an original back-story compared to the other films, and a way to really explain why the Joker's Batman's greatest enemy — because he was once Batman's greatest ally, but Batman couldn't save him from his greatest enemy, causing his greatest ally to become his greatest enemy again.

edit 2 —

Also, I think the Joker's going to be the one who causes Task Force X to go rogue and break away from the government.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2015
  13. travz21

travz21 Muscle Museum LPA Super Member

That would be really cool

14. Decay

Decay Well-Known Member

Yeah, I had the same idea about Leto's Joker. The way Batfleck said "How many good guys are left? How many stayed that way?" implied that someone who was initially "good" turned bad. Alfred also speaks of "a fever, the rage, that turns good men cruel". Taking all of that into account and seeing how young Leto's Joker looks + the non-subtle Joker tattoos, probably put on to acknowledge that he isn't Jason Todd anymore and perhaps even to mock Batfleck in a "look what you've done" way. Yeah, there's definitely something about that theory.

15. Gibs

Gibs The Prog Nerd Über Member

That would be super cool. Kinda reminds me of Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker, though that one was Tim Drake, not Jason Todd.

16. Will

Contrary to all previous rumors, Latino-Review's reporting Jena Malone's (Donnie Darko, The Hunger Games: Catching Fire) character in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice won't be Carrie Kelly / Robin, but rather Barbara Gordon as either Batgirl or Oracle. As with all things to come from Latino-Review, treat this with a grain of salt.

Additionally, The Wrap's confirmed Chris Pine's (Star Trek, Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit) character in Wonder Woman will, in fact, be Steve Trevor, the primary love interest of Wonder Woman herself. This defeats the rumors stating Pine would be playing Hal Jordan / Green Lantern in the film.

17. travz21

travz21 Muscle Museum LPA Super Member

That's boring. Green Lantern would have been way more exciting.

18. Broman

Broman Well-Known Member

New Batman V Superman poster officially released

[​IMG]

:kappa:

19. Broman

Broman Well-Known Member

New set photo for BvS

[​IMG]

And Trinity image

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 22, 2015