Best/Worst Concerts/Perfomances you have been to

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by Blake, Jul 27, 2015.

Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

We often talk about shows we go to but I thought it would be cool to talk about our best and worst and what made them that way.

Best for me is Ed Sheeran. I saw him play at the Coyotes stadium and he was honestly one of the best acts I have ever seen live. Just the stage production and how he performed as well as the opening act being pretty good just made it amazing and a night to never forget.

Second best for me was a joint tour concert combining Kenny Chesney's "The Big Revival tour" and Jason Aldean's "Burnin' It Down tour." My friend and I missed the very first act but we got to see a night of four different acts take stage. Three of the Acts (Cole Swindell, Jason Aldean, and Kenny Chesney) are some of my favorites in the country genre. They all had great production, were spot on 100% of the time, and were very good at crowd interaction, especially Cole Swindell. Kenny Chesney also played for 2 hours where as a lot of artists stop at 1 hour and 30 minutes.

Worst show for me was Lana Del Rey but not because of Lana Del Rey. The opening act, Courtney Love, made me sit down during an artist playing at a concert for the first time ever. I normally will be the guy who argues that you are at a concert so you should stand up and enjoy yourself even during the opening acts and even if you don't know who they are. Courtney Love was so bad and yelling nonsense at us the entire time that she was playing, so for the first time ever I sat down during a performance. Along with that, it was 50 degrees outside during the show and Lana didn't have an encore and didn't play any of the songs I had planned to record.

Second worst show was probably the one I saw yesterday (Train and The Fray) but only because I was their for just one act who wasn't even the headliner.

I won't go into detail about this section but best live acts for me: Ed Sheeran and Linkin Park. HM goes to everyone at the Country Mega Concert listed above.
    Worst live acts: Courtney Love and 30STM (No explanation needed)

What are the best/worst concerts and performances you have seen?

brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

Best: Linkin Park and Thirty Seconds to Mars. I enjoyed both of their sets a lot, and I've only been to one concert so yeah :lol:

Worst: AFI. Because they weren't as good as Linkin Park and Thirty Seconds to Mars. Plus they only played like three songs I liked.

Blake

You enjoyed 30stm? I'm a huge fan but I can not support a band who only sings 50% of the times when the play live....

Mr. Awesome

Mr. Awesome Well-Known Member

Best: Paul McCartney and he still got it.

Worst: Cold (Not to be confused with Coldplay). Their performance was good, it just wasn't the best I've seen in my life.

brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

At the concert, I honestly didn't get that impression much at all. What made their performance so special was when Jared was running around the crowd and eventually settled at one spot and started taking fan suggestions and playing acoustic songs. One of my favorite moments that night (besides when Linkin Park first came out. That intro was amazing).

Reed To Black

Reed To Black Prog, bro.

Best:

Linkin Park & 30 STM- I wasn't expecting much from Mars as I hadn't listened to them before but man they put on a good show. It was really cool to see Jared Leto in person. Towards the end of the set my friends and I went to get LP shirts because the lines were short, and guess who walks by when we're getting them? Jared Leto. So we follow him and end up about 5 feet away as he sings The Kill on the acoustic guitar. It was an amazing moment and I would upload video but it won't work on my phone. Then LP came out and killed it. I had chill bumps the whole time and sang along to every song. It was one of those dream come true kind of things to see them live. From the time they finished the set to the time the encore started everyone was banging on the seats and chanting," Linkin Park! Linkin Park!". The whole show was electric. The crowd was fantastic. I'll never forget it.

U2/Muse back in like 2007- I was too young to really know what was going on, but c'mon. It was Muse and U2.

Macklemore & Talib Kweli- It was a fun show and there were hot girls everywhere. What's not to like.

Worst: None

It pretty much boils down to I wish I lived in Dallas but I don't. Otherwise I'd be at concerts all the time.

Blake

He did that for us too. Did he play The Kill for you guys?

Might have been pre-set tbh. Wouldn't put that past them. I just couldn't stand it. I'm there to watch you play and you don't even sing 50% of the words. You are in wrong business, get off the dang stage if you aren't going to do your job

Abel

Abel Chester Bennington saved my life.

Best: OK Go, Brooklyn Bowl, Las Vegas, 4/28/2015. Hands down the best concert I ever been to. Damian Kulash and Tim Nordwind interacted with everyone, the band sounded near-perfect throughout the show, there were tons of confetti and special effects while also being a genuine concert experience...oh yeah, and the songs were freaking fantastic. Even their opening act--KITTEN--was amazing. Just an amazing night, never wanted it to end. And they performed from 10:30 until midnight!

Worst: Night Terrors of 1927, The Joint at Hard Rock, Las Vegas, 7/11/2015. They opened for Dashboard Confessional and Third Eye Blind (both were way better, obviously; I loved Dashboard more though). I just didn't dig them, really. I came in a few minutes late, but it felt like I didn't miss much. I was scared that they were Dashboard at first because the lead singer looked so much like Chris Carrabba, but they were so underwhelming that I didn't believe it. I mean, they were OK, but to me they didn't click.